Meat Eaters Who Agree With Vegans

Any other meat eaters here too weak to go vegan but agree with all the principles of the lifestyle?

I know eating a plant based diet is healthier, I know animals are tortured for animal products as the standard and best case scenario just abused, and I know the environment is being destroyed by animal agriculture on a level that can't be compared to anything else we use on a daily basis.

But I just have this mental block about changing my diet I can't seem to get over. I've been addicted to this food so long I'll admit I even harassed vegans at first because I didn't want to admit to myself that I'm a beta who couldn't get on their level.

Any other meat eaters who feel pathetic for not being vegan yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3662288/
youtube.com/watch?v=0y89uNh2nLg
pastebin.com/RYmSEQUW
nutritionfacts.org/
nationalhumanitiescenter.org/tserve/nattrans/ntecoindian/essays/buffalob.htm
nationalhumanitiescenter.org/tserve/nattrans/ntecoindian/ecolinksbuffalo.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=9dPvAWHqTG0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No...go die faggot

>I know eating a plant based diet is healthier
maybe if we weren't fucking omnivores

Honestly I really should. What makes me so entitled to torturing animals for trivial conveniences? What makes me so entitled to destroy the environment for future generations? I'm causing so much harm and I do nothing to make up for it.

The scientific consensus is that it is in fact healthier than an omnivorous diet.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3662288/

We should be getting at least most of our calories from plant foods. Remember for the majority of our evolution we were herbivores. Animal products cause disease and there's no arguing that.

Oh I probably agree for the most part, thing is I don't fucking care in the slightest.

More like I understand the concept but don't really care.

No...go die faggot

This

This is a false flag. It isn't even a good false flag.

vegetarian here

I mean you could go vegetarian. Its really not hard. Going vegan doesn't give you super powers though fyi. If you really enjoy meat then you should keep eating it and not guilt trip yourself.

How about you take the autism down a couple notches?

Existing as a human being means that in someway your actively destroying something else
through indirect means. Don't guilt yourself so hard man

youtube.com/watch?v=0y89uNh2nLg

Was expecting this to suck but it's actually really good.

You don't know shit.

And you didn't even read the shit that you posted.

You shouldn't necessarily feel pathetic about it. Rather, people who go through all these mental gymnastics to justify their meat eating are the ones who should feel pathetic. It's objective fact at this point that, as you said, a plant based diet is healthiest, animals are treated like shit 99% of the time, etc.

Admitting this and saying, "Yeah, I know it's not the best choice, but I choose to eat meat anyway" is better than being a paleo faggot in denial, like this kid . It's like being a smoker who comes out with all this bullshit reasoning and justification in an attempt to convince you that no, smoking really isn't bad for you. Just own up to your shitty habit and people will respect you a lot more.

Please show conclusive evidence that supports your claim.
Shill doctors writing a book does not count.

Not them but: pastebin.com/RYmSEQUW

Dude its less about the fact people eat meat and more the fact that people eat threes squares of it a day. Unless your bodybuilding, that will fuck your body up

>pastebin.com
>first link is to a fucking youtube video
Into the trash

I know from long experience that no one or two studies will ever be enough for you people. You always find some excuse to ignore them. However, if you're actually interested, you're welcome to poke around on this site:

>nutritionfacts.org/

The guy who runs it is a doctor who basically reviews clinical trials for you. Every video or article on the site contains links to the studies it references. I have spent many hours reading through hundreds of research papers on the subject of human nutrition before arriving at the conclusion that a plant-based diet is the optimal diet for long-term health and prevention of disease. If you haven't done similar research then no matter what you choose to eat, your perception of it as healthy or not is largely a product of marketing and blind faith.

Nah, I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to eat kale. Animals are delicious. #keto4lyfe

I don't know if I feel pathetic about it, but I do agree that it's better and that I'm just too lazy/weak to do it.

The only arguments really against it is 'but dude lol BACON' and 'but how are you gonna get your protein', which one can do easily while being vegan. There's always the post where they show some crazy people killing their baby because they tried to give them a vegan diet, and obviously babies are the exception, that doesn't mean a full grown adult is going to die.

>DUDE MEAT LMAO
these are just edgelords

I'll never stop eating meat but I get why vegetarians are vegetarians. vegans may be a little crazy sometimes but not worth sperging over.

Show evidence that vegan diet is better than diet with lots of vegetables and small amount of meat.

Babies aren't the exception though. The ADA approves vegan diets for all stages of life - conception and on. The vegans who kill their babies were retarded fringe dieters who thought it was okay to only feed their babies apple juice. There are countless healthy vegan babies. Smartest 3 year old I ever met was vegan. He had at least 30 books totally memorized and was very mentally engaged in everything. Little genius.

>Any other meat eaters here too weak to go vegan but agree with all the principles of the lifestyle?
yeah, me
everything about it makes sense to me
I have no mental block, though, I just don't care enough about it to change my diet.

the minute lab-grown meat becomes a thing I'm on board, but until then meh

I think OP may just be a vegan.

I don't say an inherent moral issue with eating meat or breeding animals for meat. Animal cruelty is another matter, but the market isn't going to change enough to deal with the problem, tighter legislation is needed.

>need to supplement with b12
What did he mean by this?

I try to cut down on meat and get more ethical meat. I doubt I'll ever go full vegan

Why the fuck would I eat what elephants eat? I'm a human, I eat what humans eat.

you're really supposed to just eat what that black mean eats. he is smarter than you.

Agree 100%
Veganism is healthier, and morally superior.
Nobody's perfect tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What's with all the blatant vegan shilling on this board?

I always assumed vegans were just harmless people with an odd personal code of ethics but I can't believe anyone would use these kinds of obviously disingenuous tactics to sell something just cause they thought it was a good product.

It is one of the supplement companies? One of those Jew things /pol/ is always talking about? Somebody that produces B12?

I went vegan like 3months ago after reading alot of independent trials on how vegan diet affects us.

Vegan benefits from these trials:
>no cholesterol(fat in veins)
>16% higher testosteron
>less estrogenes(meat n dairy contains ton of it while soy cant even be absorbed)
>no animal steriods
>no antibiotics
>less overall lack of minerals and vitamins(yeah u need b12 but your more sufficient in most others than meat/dairy eaters)
>harder erections and your gf will turn into a semen god because your semen will taste aloot better.
>80% less chance for stroke and cancer or any related desises.
>prevents acne and makes your skin fking awesome
>cheaper if you dont buy those half fabricates(that are still alot healthier than meat)

Thats pretty much what i found, its why i changed. Im not trying convert anyone but for me it made sense to switch which was fking no biggie

Yes, the modern American is hooked on a diet which is laughably bad, and they actually go nuts at people who go the other way.

I'm not a vegan myself, but I understand the health benefits of vegetarianism at least.

Every serving of vegetables per day increases a person's health. Harvard recommends getting ten servings a day. Ten servings!

Almost every American meal is basically confectionary at this point. Breakfast is sugar coated cereal with full fat milk and some sort of sugary topping. Drinks are coffee with sugar and more milk, or soft drink. Sugary snacks. Lunch is white bread and processed meat (proven to cause cancer). Dinner is at best starchy vegetables and red meat (proven to cause cancer). At worst, it's just more fast food.

Harvard also says we could basically replace all dairy with vegetable intake and get more nutrients for a fraction of the calories.

Literally anything produced by a cow is either (a) cancer-causing, or (b) unnecessarily fattening and always (c) environmentally destructive.

The only real issue with a totally vegan diet is that you'll miss out on the good stuff in poultry, eggs, and especially seafood. A bit of planning can easily replace those things.

Fucking paleo retards actually think our ancestors were eating red meat all day. What are you smoking? How many buffalo can one tribe take down before they just start eating all the roots and shit around their ankles? 80%+ of a healthy diet should be vegetarian. That's a fact.

>existing as a human
You mean existing
Everything that lives takes energy from something else

That's mentally lazy. Most animals live within their ecological means. Humans are the only animal who have consistently broken free of our Malthusian restraints despite our rational capacity to live within them.

I eat meat and agree with vegans (some of them) but disagree on how to fix the problem. A lot of them think by being obnoxious they'll somehow convert everyone to veganism and save all the animals, but I disagree. I think it's more realistic and will end up helping animals more to support lab-grown meat and get people to eat that instead.

There are downsides to vegan diets, they usually have less muscle mass, plant protein isn't absorbed by the body as well, if you're physically active or female it's easy to get low on iron, etc.

I don't think that a vegan diet is healthier. It might be healthier than the average person's diet but that doesn't make it better than someone who eats meat but also eats lots of unprocessed plant foods. Some people have literally evolved to be able to consume lactose, that seems to be a clear indicator that people aren't meant to be entirely vegan 100% of the time.

it's the go-to Veeky Forums shitposting, along with jack posting and mcchicken

>How many buffalo can one tribe take down
There were some instances of buffalo being so plentiful that Native Americans would kill them just for their hides and tongues, they wouldn't even bother taking the meat.

>didn't eat the meat

Interesting. Kinda aids my point though hey.

>I always assumed vegans were just harmless people with an odd personal code of ethics
I guess most of them probably are but if you go to where shilling is less likely you'll still see a lot of bitter vegans who just sit around talking trash about non-vegans all day. I've seen some vegans literally cheering upon finding out that the lone star tick spreads a disease which has a symptom of making people allergic to red meat. They were happy about fellow humans being diseased. That's sick, they put animals above humans.

I would love to eat mostly plants, but yeah meat is waaaay too fucking delicious. I probably couldn't give up cheese either.

If I could eat meat as a treat and not every day, I'd rather do that, but it's so tasty that I can't resist. Horrible will power.

Ncbi
Jews bought out all regulators and have everyone working under fishy language, modern day bait by lawyers landing all lay folks in a wide open bite

I think they found recently that cheese is as addictive as smoking or some shit.

I eat meat but agree with some vegan arguments. Generally i think the ethical argument is the weakest, and in particular I think that an end to animal model drug tests would be devastating. Much of what I've read does support their ecological arguments, and there is certainly evidence for health benefits from reducing meat consumption.

Most foods with lots of sugar, salt, or fat will taste good because that's what we evolved to seek out. But I don't think someone is going to start going through withdrawals if they stop eating cheese like they would with nicotine, and any comparisons of the sort seem sensationalized to push an agenda.

>what if I pretend to be a omnivore becoming a vegan
>maybe I can convert some retards
take a hike you loony

>native americans killed buffalo w/o taking the meat

Wrong and you have absolutely no source for that. The NA's depended on that meat to sustain them through the winter and were adept at preserving it. It was the white bastards who wiped out the buffalo for hides only. Stop trying to ameliorate your white guilt by projecting white atrocities and slaughter of wildlife onto NA's. It won't work.

nationalhumanitiescenter.org/tserve/nattrans/ntecoindian/essays/buffalob.htm

>At times, Indians used everything. But on occasions they did not, and the observers remarked upon "putrified carcasses," animals left untouched, or Indians who took only "the best parts of the meat." Sometimes Indians were said to kill "whole herds" only for the fat-filled tongues.

>I know animals are tortured for animal products
>tortured

Yeah, no. No one would waste time torturing animals for animal products. Abuse/neglect is one thing, out right tortue doesn't happen when they care about profits.

Plenty of rodents, rabbits, hares, deer, and other fauna gets killed when it's harvesting time. Those threshers and plows and other implements of the bloodthirsty plant farmer kills animals by the millions. And endless mono-culture fields aren't great for the enviroment either, as is pesticides eradicating bees.

You don't get to feel self-righteous.

Not a vegan but I imagine vegans would say you have all the animals being killed during crop harvest + animals slaughtered for food so veganism still reduces the number of animal deaths. Your other points are valid though, but I'm expecting that if vertical farming gets more popular monocropping and pesticide use will be less of a concern.

Not only thqt, if you keep living there is a serious risk that you will reproduce and your kids will also eat meat
You should kill yourself right now before you fuck up some more

>I imagine vegans would say you have all the animals being killed during crop harvest + animals slaughtered for food so veganism still reduces the number of animal deaths
Which would make no sense, because you have to increase farm lands to pick up the nutrition slack when all those delicious proteins would vanish. And if every animal has equal value, then vegans have more deaths on their hands than meat eaters. One of the by-products of farming cereal grains is tons of grass/stalks/whatever it is called that we humans can't eat but cows can. We feed that shit to livestock instead of letting it rot in the fields. Or maybe USA has a different way of feeding their livestock, or logistical difficulties, or I dunno. And I don't care enough about a retarded OP to find out seven minutes before bedtime.

Not a vegan, but you're ignorant.

Livestock need food. They eat all throughout their life, in fact. What do they eat? That's right, plants. And since they are large, complex organisms, they are not terribly effiecient at converting the plants they eat into body mass. So it takes significantly more energy to produce meat than is contained in the final product. This means that eating meat actually requires *more* plants to be grown and harvested, not less. Growing and consuming plants directly is simply more efficient, there's no way around it.

Because nobody with muscles has ever been unhealthy, clearly a person who looks fine is fine

It's already difficult for me to eat sufficient calories. I'd probably die if I stopped eating meat and dairy.
Also cheese is too good to give up.

I believe the efficiency comes in where you force the cows to live in jam packed, shoulder-to-shoulder conditions where they're wading through their own shit.

In that way, they produce a relatively large amount of body mass "efficiently". It's more efficient than feeding plants directly to you, because you can't legally be forced to live in those conditions.

You are missing one very important detail: livestock are able to convert energy from plants that we humans are not able to digest. Human beings cannot digest cellulose. Herbivorous animals can. Many crops that we grow for animal feed would be totally useless for human consumption. The same is true for the land the animals or crops were raised on. Some land is far too hard or rocky to be plowed into a field. But that land can be used to graze livestock, and so on.

Like he said in the other post though there are parts of the plant that humans can't eat, but cows and pigs can. We aren't feeding them cereal and corn that people can buy in the grocery store. Cows are pretty efficient at converting plant material into energy though, with their multiple stomachs and fermentation process to make food easier to digest.

>casomorphin in cheese binds to the same receptor sites as heroin! Cheese is literally an addictive drug, and all you carnists are hooked!
>phytoestrogens in soy bind to the same receptors as estrogen? Don't worry about it, just because it works the same way doesn't mean our most important protein source will turn you into a woman

>You can't possibly justify wearing shoes
Shoes are comfortable
>Oh comfortable? They are comfortable? So it's ok for you to put shoes in your feet and walk around wearing them all day?
>Yeah, they are good for me
Good for you? Here are some studies on how wearing some types of shoes can cause posture problems, clearly nobody should ever wear shoes
>Have you ever been inside a shoe factory?
>Do you have any idea about the impact shoes have on the environment? I bet you aren't going to wear just that pair of shoes for the rest of your life
Admit you only wear shoes because they aren't as smart as you, if aliens ever came to earth they would wear you on your feet

Cattle aren't raised like that. They need pasture. And their feed efficiency is utterly abysmal. Pigs and chickens are the ones who are placed into high-intensity facilities, but consuming their meat is still less efficient than consuming plants on a per-calorie basis.

And he goes on to explain why this might have OCCASIONALLY happened. He also offers no sources as to the "eyewitness" reports of a few Europeans. We all know Europeans never made up stories about NA's, right?

Here is the difference between veganism and all the other fad diets
Veganism doesn't work unless everyone is vegan
So whenn vegans spend all their time malnourished for lack of meat and have to put up with fake cheese and a mountain of other bullshit just to be told they are still not doing enough because they have been conditioned to see animals as babies and they see you happy eating a burger because you are not dumb enough to add to the already big burden of life for yourself they are going to get a little mad, they are going to feel like everything they do is worthless (it is) because no matter how much meat they don't eat it only takes a barbecue for someone else to neglect that
Vegans can't eat negative meat, they need to control your diet to do that

There's no way to lead a perfectly moral life. At least something you wear, eat or purchase will negatively effect another being. The aim is to try an minimize your suffering first and then everyone else's. So you can't bring your life to a standstill trying to be perfectly moral. If being vegan is too big of a step just reduce your meat consumption. That'll be better than either denying the immorality (like most do) or acknowledging it and doing nothing. I would rather have 50% of the worlds population reduce their meat consumption by 50% than have 10% be perfectly vegan (which I'm not either.)

They ruminate precisely *because* they eat stuff that's indigestible to humans. Fiber isn't easy to break down, that's the whole point, and digesting it requires specialized physiology. Animals with simple stomachs are more effiicient, generally.

How are you going to get 50% of the world's population to reduce their meat intake by half?

Why is it immoral for an animal to eat another animal?

Yea, no sources at all. He probably just made it all up.

nationalhumanitiescenter.org/tserve/nattrans/ntecoindian/ecolinksbuffalo.htm

I know that it's possible they were just lying but pretty much every culture has done something that we would think badly of today, not just Europeans. Europeans have done some heinous stuff but they weren't the only ones, and to act like everyone except Europeans were noble and pure is wrong if you're looking to genuinely make things better in the future.

Same arguments as veganism just without the absolutism.

It isn't. It is to do it needlessly though. If I can survive and be happy without meat or by greatly reducing my meat consumption then it is indeed immoral to continue killing animals because of some sense of dominion or to assert my masculinity. If you think you can't be happy even by reducing your consumption by even a little then it'd be immoral of me to ask you.

Why is it okay to kill animals if it isn't okay to abuse them?

Do you also considered death penalty as abuse?

youtube.com/watch?v=9dPvAWHqTG0

For all the vegetarians and vegans here, what should I do if I literally gag when I try to eat vegetables? The only vegetables I like are corn and potatoes. How do I learn to eat only vegetables when I literally can't swallow with them in my mouth? Pic related

Things that didn't happen

I agree that from an ethical standpoint, a lot of people on earth could be vegans at this point. In developed countries we have supplements, vitamins and and animal product replacements so there's no good, real reason to keep torturing animals the way we do. I typically go about this from an ethical standpoint, so eating things like roadkill would be fine with me, or animals that don't have brains like oysters; in the future this might include lab grown meats.

I think eating meat and animals products is completely natural though and I enjoy it too much to stop.

I sort of understand what you mean. From an agricultural perspective getting all our nutrition out of plants and insects is much more efficient than producing farm animals. Once the human population gets too large I won't be surprised if animal meat products will become hard to obtain and extremely expensive

damn that's a good comic

Vegetarians are retarded pussies

>shilling

That word doesn't mean what you think it means. No one is trying to sell you a product.

More and more people are going vegan so naturally more people will be talking about it and the clear health benefits they experience after cutting out animal products from their diet.

>at least most

kys

>It isn't. It is to do it needlessly though.
Plenty of carnivores still hunt other animals even if full again why is it immoral for humans i.e an animal to eat another animal? Is it the industrialization of it that you dislike?

There clearly is a disproportionate amount of talk about vegan issues for the actual amount of vegans
It's almost like the same couple people are always starting these threads, I mean vegan threads are the closest thing ck has to a general

Have you ever stop to consider that what seems like a petty reason to you may be important to someone else and you are assigning value to subjective things while complaining that other people assign value to subjective things?

Are you not aware of that new documentary on Netflix? It's getting a lot of attention. I wouldn't be surprised of the number of vegans has doubled in the past month.

That's very strange. Did your parents never serve you vegetables as a kid? My tastebuds changed after going vegan. Vegetables are much more delicious to me. I would suggest oily stir fries until you get used to the idea of eating vegetables

>I know the environment is being destroyed by animal agriculture on a level that can't be compared to anything else we use on a daily basis.
Yeah bruh let's not talk about fucking cars and the whole transportation industry

I have no problem with butchering animals and eating meat, but i do feel that i personally consume too much meat.

Every meal is some sort of steak, meat loaf, chicken breast, ham, sausage or the like.

So for me it's not so much agreeing with a vegan lifestyle but more with having to try to get a more diverse diet.

What is health? If meat is intrinsically excluded from your view of health, it’s time to revise your assumptions. The idea that foods like hamburgers are "unhealthy" reflects a naive, narrow-minded view of what constitutes health.
Most people ostensibly define health as a state: involving lack of illness, possession of a certain body image, ability of the body to do work, etc. But when confronted with someone who meets these criteria and eats meat, they amend their definition to include "plant-based diet." They cannot accept eating meat as something a healthy person could engage in, as they have a priori deemed it an unhealthy act. It becomes clear that "health" is not a state one can occupy, but an ongoing series of sociocultural performances. This exclusionary view of health ensures that "health" proper cannot be achieved by certain types of people (lower class). Therefore, if you are not an insensitive, sheltered bigot, you must accept that meat is healthy.

I agree we need a proportionate dose of vegetables as well as meat and most of today's food market emphasizes on meat more because i tastes better besides that being a vegan is for fags

Nice try vegan

Fuck off with that nonsense, you barefoot, pony-tailed, hemp-t-shirt-wearing, pinko-commie, sycophant.

If everyone in the world was a vegan it wouldn't save the planet. It would doom us to a fate of overexploitation, peak phosphorus, and over dependence on super pesticides that would poison our water at an even faster rate than we are right now.

If everyone on earth was a limp-wristed, tofu eating faggot, we'd have to farm more vegetables and more fruit. That means the land loses nutrients faster. That means more fertilizers. What happens when we run out of fertilizer? No problem, we'll just use some cow shit as fertilizer, oh wait, there aren't any more cows because everyone's a god dam vegan so cows are more worthless than your bachelor's degree in women's studies. Congrats, you've doomed us all to the super dustbowl. Enjoy starving to death with your twenty-eight vegan, mullato great-grandchildren.

More dependence on fruits and vegetables means more dependence on pesticides. Eventually the bugs build a tolerance, so we use stronger pesticides, then they build a tolerance to that, so we use stronger pesticides. Each time these poisons go into the ground and into our water supply and who gets to drink it? You do, you silly vegan faggot. That's assuming we don't run out of fresh water to water the plants, which we are running out of, by the way.

So if you want to save the world, being a vegan won't do shit. If you want to pretend that you're saving the environment, I suggest you keep your silly opinions among your peers in places like University of Berkeley, where all the other Che Guevera fanboys hit people in the head with bicycle locks for having different opinions. They might believe your bullshit there.

So all of this ISN'T happening right now while meat is still being reared? I'm not a vegan myself, but come on, man.

Besides, advances in genetics, chemistry and biotech mean that pesticides are going to continue becoming much less toxic and used very sparingly. I challenge you to find a single peer-reviewed study (and no, alarmism from pundits/bloggers doesn't count) that proves glyphosate is linked to disease at normal (i.e. low) exposure levels.

It certainly is happening right now.

But the OP said "the environment is being destroyed by animal agriculture on a level that can't be compared to anything else we use on a daily basis," and that is either an outright lie or ignorance on an unfathomable level. Veganism would accelerate all these problems I mentioned.

Global overpopulation and overexploitation of limited resources can't be fixed with a diet. Pretending that they can is dishonest, and I'm going to call bullshit on that.

If you are trying to challenge the morality of eating meat despite the fact that it is just normal for society to eat meat then you are fighting a political battle. With that said you are suggesting to remove a personal freedom that in which is not illegal to do, yes may be morally wrong. Up to this point it is only a lifestyle benefit and honestly you are missing out on some great tasting food by going vegan.