Is raw meat OK?

Is raw meat OK?

Your country
Do you like raw meat?
Don people in your country eat raw meat?

Other urls found in this thread:

articles.latimes.com/1998/feb/18/food/fo-20193
youtube.com/watch?v=sHmKW2UoKuU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

NO

that is unless you want parasites in your body

I used to get hammered and eat pieces of various cuts of steak after seasoning or marinating them, but before they went on the grill.
Tasted good at the time, but people would look at me like I'm some savage degenerate

raw meat is usually not bought in the us to eat raw unless you have a good butcher,

Parasites are only a problem if you live in a third world shithole tho

Even taking out the possibility of foodborne illness, raw meat just isn't that fit for human consumption. It's like eating a stick of butter or a mouthful of raw dough.

I like rare steaks, but steak tartare has a gross texture for me. My friend loves it and gets it whenever we eat out. I love raw fish though, especially salmon.

sure, just have to be sure the meat's fresh and healthy. i love a good steak tartare from time to time.

i'm cooking the hell out of some babyback ribs right now.

i want to meat to shrink 50% due to moisture loss and bunch up around the bone,

it'll be dry, but the sauce makes up for it. :)

The only people that eat raw meat are either memeing and trying to be funny or they want to appear intellectual.

how is tartar not illegal?

Sashimi, horse meat, tartar.

Raw meat is more about how trusting of a person you are than the geography and legality of where you're getting it

Are you willing to believe that nowhere between the farmer, butcher, packager, delivery driver, chef, or waiter did anyone cut a single corner, skip a tedious step, or make a genuine human error? Well, go ahead and order some steak tartare then
But I'm not, and I don't.

I don't care about eating raw steak

But when you want me to eat raw pork it's beat down! Time

Why would you want that?

occasionally ill have to raw chicken in BBQ sauce

I like raw steak, especially when its in noodle dishes (like you have a side plate of your beef and dip individual pieces in the broth

youre telling me by law steak needs to be heated to x degree before it can be served yet tartar is perfectly a ok?

Nothing wrong with it as long as it is the proper grade for raw consumption, fish included.

I'm not about to consume raw ground beef from GIANT, Food Lion, or whatever your local oldschool chain is. I would do it at wegmans or harris teeter though, because they have standards.

>by law steak needs to be heated to x degree before it can be served
>[citation needed]

fuck its not like you coupd have SEARCHED it.articles.latimes.com/1998/feb/18/food/fo-20193

Your own source specifies that it's only ground meat that has that temperature requirement, not steak. Imbecile.

America
Yes, I have an extremely bad habit of eating raw pork and beef
A small number of people enjoy steak tartar

You didn't even read your own fucking article. You can serve rare burgers if the customer asks for it.

raw chicken with a little salt

We eat raw beef mixed with bulgur regularly in my family

France: yes, steak tartare
Korea: yes, yukhoe
Japan: yes, basashi aka sakura meat

i dont think i know a single person that isnt, at least, indifferent to tartar, most people genuinely like it.
nothing wrong with raw meat

I want my beef so raw the Hindus will still worship it.

i had steak tartare at a restaurant and it reminded me of big mac

i'd do it again

Sashimi... Lots of it. It does include horse sashimi. Also sushi, so much raw yumminess.

>he doesn't know that overcooking meat is actually more dangerous unless it's chicken
HAHAHA

And that night he dreamt of cyclopean cities and unmentionable aliens.

I have eaten steak tartare and mettwurst pretty often and nothing bad ever happened
the only raw meat I wouldn't eat is chicken

Raw pork is fine specially during winter.

Cook your meat, you barbarian.

>eating raw meat
Why not just eat flour and eggs and call it a cake while you're at it? Imagine being such a retard you haven't figured out cooking your food makes it taste good. Even Africans managed to create fire. Fucking retards.

We can’t even handle runny yolks.

nobody in England does. the only thing I do, is when I've rubbed some salt, pepper and oil onto a steak, I lick my fingers. raw steak juice, oil, salt and pepper. mmmmm.

Do you eat Sushi?

It's geography or price.
Beef I'll eat raw where I am.
Tartar is fine is if your meat meat is parasite free.. I live in a 3rd world shit hole and even here I've never gotten sick. I'd avoid raw chicken or pig but beef is pretty safe IMO

I guess

Thailand
Yes
Yes, but it is not widely consumed.

There are only few recipe in regional cuisine that eats them

youtube.com/watch?v=sHmKW2UoKuU

The dish I'm talking about

Chile
Yes
Yes, we have "crudo" (literally "raw") which is basically steak tartare

NYCfag here
I'll eat tartare on occasion, its incredible when done right
you can find places with various tartares all over the city not surprisingly

stop being absolute pussies and try something outside your comfort zones for once ;)

I prefer my steaks rare enough that everyone I know says they're still raw. Does that count?

No unless you want serious food poisoning.

t. tropical third world shithole

Once lab grown meat becomes perfected, I think raw meat dishes will become much more common.

Raw vegan> raw meat

France
Yes, carpaccio, tartare etc
Yes, the above mentioned

Lantern-jawed spastic with a fear of immigrants.

That'd be sashimi you're thinkin' of. Sushi is cooked.

Crudo is beef mett, not tratare

>Sushi is cooked
That's just plain wrong, Sushi doesn't HAVE to be raw fish but 90% time it is, main difference is that Sushi has rice/veges and Sashimi is only fish.