How do you make oatmeal palatable enough to eat without adding a godawful amount of sugar?

How do you make oatmeal palatable enough to eat without adding a godawful amount of sugar?

eat it dry in yogurt, maybe with sliced fruit on top

Feed it to horses, than eat delicious horse meat. Nay ?

Stock, soft boiled egg, spinach, and maybe mushrooms

Sounds like a possibility

How would you use the egg?

Eat it with milk.

pnut butta

milk
salt
almond slivers
apple
cinnamon
bake it in the oven

Add raisins

>Soak overnight in milk, or almond milk if you prefer with a touch of honey if you want some sweetness.
>Top with peanut butter, I find Adam's All Natural Salted Crunchy works best, before eating.
>Enjoy.
I do this on the regular. A couple friends saw me eating this at lunch onetime back in high school and said "eww, you actually like oatmeal?" I let them have a taste, they still like to remind me on occasion how great it is. One of them even makes it for his girlfriend.

add 1 piece of fruit and some cocoa

>chop up a few bananas or strawberries
>stir in a pack of sweet n low
>stir in some cinnamon
boom perfect oatmeal

Try not being american

I use a bit of honey and milk. Sometimes raisins.

Butter
fruit jam/jelly

Good stuff.

Who are you quoting?

Easy
>Caco powder with stevia
>cinnamon, nutmeg and mixed spices
>banana slices
>coconut flakes

Honey, fruit and Creme de Cassis

A little brown sugar and maple syrup will do wonders

Go for savory. If you only add a small amount of sugar it's bland and if you add more it's just dessert. Make it like normal with milk instead of water, let it firm up a bit for a minute or two, then add more milk or cream and salt. Don't stir the extra milk or cream in, let it make a pool around the oatmeal and take some of it with each spoonful.

Also you can soak them in milk for 10-20 minutes until soft if you have instant oats, after that add wheat or corn flake cereal with more milk and walnuts. I eat this pretty often and really like it, doesn't need any sugar.

Oats, fresh milk, add cacao nibs and some sweetener. Tastes awesome.

Stevia + some fruit

The fructose masks the stevia a bit so it's barely noticeable.

>op asks how to make oatmeal without adding a lot of sugar
>all these posts telling him to use sweeteners or sweetened fruit
pls

If I'm doing meal prep and have the time I blend Greek yogurt with whatever berry I'm feeling that week. Pour into Mason jars, top with a bunch of quick oats.
If cooked plain oatmeal I like a little maple syrup or a bit of raspberry preserves

Pinch of salt, pinch of cinnamon, pinch of nutmeg.

>sweetened fruit

Do you know how many calories are in a fucking strawberry?

There are 5 fucking calories in a pickle spear.

Dice up 4 fucking strawberries and you have plenty of fruit and you've added less than 25 calories.

add some of that protein powder

aspartame

i said sweetened fruit, not just fruit. and a teaspoon of sugar only has like 15 calories but that doesn't mean it's healthy. not saying fruit is bad though, but i think op didn't want to use sugar in oatmeal at all and a bunch of people are posting telling him to use sugar or other sweeteners.

Forgot to add that it's best eaten chilled/cold.
Sorry, I see how the way I formatted it makes it seem like a quote. I was just inputting my favorite "recipe" into this oatmeal thread since I eat it often.

Quit being a bitch and just eat it. Oatmeal with hot water is all you need

>One of them even makes it for his girlfriend.
Oatcucked

Sweetener isn't sugar and has 0 cals. At least where im from.

>sugar makes food sweet
>not a sweetener

you mean neigh?
overnight oats is for fags

only true way to eat oatmeal is the scottish way
1 part oat 3 part water dash of salt
stir as it cooks to desired creaminess

it's important to find what kind of oats you like best. for me steel cut is so much better than regular, it just tastes better, especially plain

eat it plain
eat it with a splash of milk
eat it with real maple syrup (good, expensive)
eat it with raw, organic honey (my preferred way, just a small amount of honey though)
brown sugar is good but not healthy so I say nay

I also like a small bowl/cup of milk on the side and to dip the bite I'm about to eat into the milk instead of just pouring the milk onto the oats. works better than trying to keep the milk on one side of the same bowl, too.

you can add cinnamon which is bomb
or you can add any fruit
or both.

you can also cook it savory but fuck that, grits are better for that

I take oatmeal eating very seriously, it's my daily fucking art along with my tea (which I brew multiple times daily).

You can get 0 calorie sweeteners but they usually aren't a better alternative unless your only concern is weight. The reason they're 0 calorie is because your body can't digest them and they mess up the bacteria in your digestive system while still training you to need sweet foods.

aspartame is fully digestible by the body.

is it possible to do some kind of savory oatmeal?

I was thinking of doing something with chorizo and undercooking it a bit to keep it from being too mushy

Weird that you'd ask for oatmeal to be savory but add sardines or anchovies

Yes. Think of it like a worse risotto when looking for flavors.

Make the porridge with a splash of almond extract, some toasted almonds, almond meal and frozen unsweetened cherries. Tastes like cherry bakewell tart.

>salt and pepper
or
>throw it in the trash and make a real breakfast

>my daily fucking art

wait until you grow up and stop craving sugar like a child

Turn 12

Maple syrup or maple sugar with some berries

>soft boiled egg
what is it with weebs and putting eggs on everything?

Make it into savoury oatcakes. They're delicious.

Just eat it you fat shit.

Peanut butter or almond butter.

Dates and other dried food

Make it with vanilla almond milk (I use the reduced sugar one and it still tastes good)

Bananas

When I was in the military I'd add sunflower butter or peanut butter if that wasn't available. Mix it in and make something vaguely like food. The addition of powdered cacao makes it into a decent desert without terribly huge sugar intake.

I'm diabetic, I don't. :-(

I make oatmeal every day with

>2.5 tablespoons chia/ground flax/hemp seed mix
>4 packets of stevia sweetener
>1 cup of protein almond milk
>a chopped up banana
>1/2 pint of blueberries

Pretty filling, tasty, and nutritious. inb4 the carb nazis come in and say this is bad.

nice, I think stevia is gross but looks good otherwise.

yeah carb nazi like this faggot
for me it is a daily routine but
oatmeal is full of fiber and is complex carbs

also nobody who eats oatmeal regularly is fat, wtf it's a health food low calorie/weight cooked

Okay let me give you some thoughts/ conditions about oatmeal.
1. Are you making good oatmeal, and not shit from a packet? Because if you're not making good oatmeal, nothing will make it better. Good oatmeal should be palatable on its own. Americans are dumb shits about oatmeal, and I say that as an American. Learn to do it right, and you may not need anything but a little salt or butter.
2. If you're making steel cut/ scotch/ irish oats already, and you're not overcooking them into a nasty sludge, consider buying whole oat groats. You can cook them like any whole grains. They'll be firmer and chewier and go better with savory foods.
3. If you try all that and you still can't eat them without sugar, *maybe you don't fucking like oats and should eat something else*.

steel cut > groat

but Scottish way is only way, Desu

we can agree on that friendo

wait for your bananas to get like this then slice them and add after or just before the oats are done cooking

Yes, I agree that scotch > groat, but if someone's having trouble eating it as a porridge, they may enjoy it better as a whole grain. That is all I meant.

milk not water

I don't use oatmeal to make my porridge though, I use buckwheat flakes. Meme-y I know, but they have a nutty and grainy flavor I like.

Make them with milk, smash some banana and add that smush after cooking the oatmeal. Add cinnamon to taste

Almond milk, cinnamon and optionally pumpkin.

only correct answer
anybody else can kill themselves

Fresh or dried fruits, or a spoonful of low-sugar jam.