How the fuck do you get homemade pizza right...

How the fuck do you get homemade pizza right? I've attempted this about five times now and every time it's been a complete failure.

This last time I followed the hopefully failsafe no-knead recipe and after 24 hours proofing it had become light and slightly elastic but tore easily and was too sticky to work with. I added flour to try and work it out but then it just turned into sticky rubber and I threw it away.

Is it possible I used too much Yeast? or too much water? I measured everything by weight so it's pretty disheartening.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MjuiazBz5Eo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>no-knead recipe
what??

i always knead it at least 5-10 minutes

youtube.com/watch?v=MjuiazBz5Eo

Its this. I was doing okay with it up until the end of the proofing time where it had become much stickier than his.

desu i usually just proof it warm for 1-1.5 hours
i've tried proofing it cold for 24 hours and haven't noticed a difference

i guess maybe it's different if you're proofing it to develop the gluten rather than kneading it. is the recipe significantly different from a regular pizza dough recipe? maybe you could just try kneading it with a little flour and see if it helps

that and maybe try using less oil. i think when i use too much it tears too easily

also, i've always mixed the yeast with the warm water first and let it set for about 10 minutes before adding it to the dry ingredients. i've heard it helps activate it or something like that

The reason you leave it so long is to develop the gluten that you arent getting because you don't knead it. It's just a way to minimize my fuckups rather than make it better.

I know pretty much all the recipes I've seen are 500g of flour for 4 pizzas but I didn't want to waste so much considering how bad I am at this so I divided it by 4 to make just one. Do you think that makes any difference or is it fine?

it's probably the same, i usually just make enough for 1 or 2 at a time

1. Buy the small pans with holes
2. Make your own dough with a bread machine and hook
3. Put the toppings on top of the cheese
4. Use freshly chopped veggies
5. Use freshly grated mozzarella
6. Use good canned sauce or make your own

None of this is really helpful when I can't get the dough right.

there are no failures, only happy little misstakes

Why fucking bother with a bread machine instead of just kneading it yourself? If OP is getting his dough wrong then I'd think the best fix would be to learn how it feels in your hands so you can tell when it's supple and slightly sticky. No-knead recipes feel like a meme desu

I just get my dough from WinCo.

Just buy your bases

You could do this a lot of pizza places sell their own dough

Crust:
3/4 cup of warm water
2 TB sugar
1 tsp yeast (or a packet)
1 TB olive oil
1 tsp salt
2 cups of flour

First, in a bowl pour the 3/4 cup of warm water; 100 to 110f is good. Next, place 2 TB of sugar into the water and stir until dissolved. Then, pour 1 tsp of yeast (or a packet) into the water, don't stir or touch, set a timer for 10 minutes. Next, pour in the 1 TB of olive oil, 1 tsp of salt and 2 cups of flour. Mix with the best tools on the planet; your hands. It may seem you need to add more flour, don't. Form the dough into a ball, and cover the bowl with a towel and try to place it someplace warm; set a timer for 1 hour.

In the mean time, sauce:

6 ounces of tomato paste
3/4 cup water
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1 TB Parmesan cheese

Place these ingredients into small pot and turn to 4; stir until the cheese is melted; don't neglect your pot or the sauce will burn.

After the one hour is up, preheat your oven to 500 degrees. In the time it takes for your oven to heat up; you should:

Prep a baking sheet with aluminum foil, or even better; a round baking sheet with holes to make the crust crispier. Place a sprinkling of corn meal on top if you can.

Place the dough in the middle of the pan and press in the center, and slowly press more and more outwards; until you form a nicely sized medium circle. Place your sauce on top, get your cheese sprinkled on, and whatever toppings you like. (I like slices of tomato and red onion).

When the oven is finished heating up, place the pizza on the top rack for 7 minutes. The end.

>No-knead recipes feel like a meme desu
>meme
Retard.
Also you're a double cunt for tripping the filters.

Pizza stone helps a Lot especially in a Grill.

get a bread machine and a digital scale. make perfect pizza dough every time.

>instead of just kneading it yourself?
kneading by hand is messy and a lot of work. with a bread machine, I dump in the ingredients and push a button. bread machines are worth it!

>get a...digital scale.
this, they aren't expensive and it's the only way to accurately measure flour. measuring it with cups will get you different amounts each time which can really affect whatever you're making. i can pretty much get perfect bread, pizza crusts, cakes, cookies, etc. every time since i started using a scale.

Get the "artisan flat bread in 5 min a day" book. Bullshit meme name but actually works really well. No knead, but if you follow the rules and weigh your ingredients you cant fuck it up. Crust is really stretchy and good.

The other book is really fucking good as well. If it didn't sound like another bullshit cash in, more people would get it, the recipes have always turned out great, and it's nice to make enough to whip up quick pizza or foccacia whenever I want.

Supermarkets have about 20 different choices of pizza base of all kinds.
Perfect every time, no mess, they thaw quick.
I can be eating a homemade pizza faster than I can order one.

Yup, supermarket, or local baker, have pizza dough/bases. It's not the bestest, but it's not a total failure.

Too much gluten maybe. Try another flour.

Oven as hot as it goes. Cook fast, like a few minutes
Not too much sauce
Don't be afraid of a couple small, near-blackened spots on crust
Don't make pizza too big, just make multiple small pizzas instead
Two toppings max
If using mushrooms slice very thin
Pizza dough should be stretchy, rich in gluten
Preheat the stone or whatever you're cooking with.

get a good italian tipo 00 flour to get a good dough. the quality of the dough is almost entirely up to which type of flour you use.