Whats a good meal I can make at home for $30 or less?

Whats a good meal I can make at home for $30 or less?

No deep frying.

Lunch or dinner.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TpsUQ7SbTXs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oven baked salmon

Chicken noodle soup

Like almost anything.
You need to give more specifics
How many people, and what region you like

to feed one?
almost anything
$30 is a lot for one meal

Why do you think that this is enough information for anyone to give you a satisfying recommendation?

You can make just about anything you've ever eaten for $30.

You could go buy a massive USDA Prime ribeye and serve it with roasted broccoli and a baked potato with all the trimmings. Probably even have enough left over to grab a lobster tail.

One person

Any region really, as long as it's not an 'out-there' dish. E.g. I enjoy french cuisine, but I'm not about to make escargot or frogs' legs.

Yeah. with $30 for lunch and dinner. You can make almost anything

Anything that is gormet and raw vegan should run you about $30.00 and impresses the ladies who are hip to health.

You get bonus points for trying extra hard considering most are not familiar with those kinds of things.

I wanted to leave posters room to be creative.

But steak is a good suggestion, thank you. I doubt there would be money left over for a lobster tail, though.

Food prices must be insane where you live.

Even not on sale, I can get a good ribeye for $10-15/lb, so let's say we get a 20oz steak for $16. A potato and a crown of broccoli is going to be no more than $2, and we'll say we spend $2 on cheese, butter, bacon, herbs, etc.

Why would a lobster tail cost more than $10? They're usually around $6 here.

If you want something more creative, try doing some sort of pasta with some sort of stuffed meat. Maybe a traditional carbonara or a lightly-sauced pasta. Chicken breasts stuffed with rough chopped garlic and queso manchego or some sort of melty mild white cheese, with some sort of balsamic reduction spiced with cumin. Serve with asparagus bundles or some other green veg, and crusty bread.

bang a couple shots of real truffle oil and follow it up with a line of actual wasabi powder

Braised lamb shank with mint demiglace, parsnip puree, wild mushroom risotto and roasted seasonal vegetables.

Jesus Christ that girl on the right really does it for me.

yum

i prefer the left... but theyre both sexy in a grimy way

Better question:

In a Brewster's Millions scenario, how would you spend $30 on one meal?

It needs to be homemade btw

Assuming you're required to consume everything you buy within that meal, I'd probably go buy an assortment of sushi-grade fish with fixings for a sashimi feast.

This. A week's worth of groceries usually costs me

>A week's worth of groceries usually costs me $200 a month

You spend about 5x as much on food as I do.

Congratulations.

$40/month is pretty destitute. I mean, it's doable, but why would you limit your diet like that?

What limit? Last night I had stir fry over rice with honey garlic sausages. Tonight I am having leftovers but with a pork chop instead of sausage. Tomorrow I will probably make a small pizza and salad.

If you regularly cook a meal like that every 1-2 days, you absolutely are not spending $10/week on groceries. The cost of food where I live is among the lowest in the US, and buying some sausages, pork chops, cheese, and assorted greens would start to add up real quick to your entire week's budget.

You may think you are, but I believe you'd be surprised if you saw your MoM spending in something like Mint.

Pasta Puttanesca

That belly button is creeping me out.

You simply are doing it wrong is all. I buy bulk through a supplier. I get a pork loin for $18 and cut it into 20 chops. Stirfry is carrots, celery, bok choy, fennel and the most expensive thing is broccoli but it still only costs me about 90 cents for 2 days worth.

A small pizza is only about $1.20 worth of cheese and everything else comes out to 40 cents.

Chicken stewed in blonde craft beer and chicken bouillon with chestnut champignons, white onions, carrot and Canadian bacon (You would actually use katenspek for this recipe, but I assume that that is not availabe. Canadian bacon is a good substitute)

You then mix some extra virgin olive oil and truffel and stir that through white rice.

Serve the stew over the truffel rice and you've got a deliciously expensive meal.

>carrots, celery, bok choy, fennel, and broccoli is 90 cents

You're simply lying. You can't perfectly purchase precisely what you need for a single dish in 10-cent increments.

S T I R F R Y
T
I
R
F
Y

Except I literally just said I buy bulk.

You know how much a carrot costs in a 40lb case? 8 cents. I did the foodcosting myself.

Granted I costed that one out a few years ago so it may have gone up or down a few cents since then.

Who are these fluid druids?

op here

idk, ive had the pic for years and never found sauce; ostensibly, theyre a couple of sorority sluts from an unnamed college

How the fuck do you use 40lb of carrots?

What you're saying is you buy massive amounts of produce for yourself, and somehow magically use it all before it spoils.

You're full of shit. Stop acting smug, thinking you spend less money than you do.

You seem nice--how about $10,000 a month to greet me every morning? All you have to do is say hi!

BREWSTER!!! What are you doing!?

Fuck you I'm done explaining.

Not the guy you're replying to but how exactly do you manage to use 40lbs worth of carrots in 4-5 days?

How can you survive spending less than $200 a month on groceries?

Moroccan chicken tangine is a one pot meal you throw together and costs about $30 to get all the ingredients, then after that just $4 for chicken thighs, $2 for some crusty bread or make your own, $1 for fresh cilantro/parsley, and whatever a lemon costs where you live. I don't use preserved lemons, and I use a regular covered pot not a tagine. I also add a small amount of ground cinnamon sticks.

Here you go youtu.be/TpsUQ7SbTXs

You can also make this Ramsay Tagliatelle dish all you need is 3 italian sasuages, Tagliatelle pasta, an onion, some halved cherry tomatoes, garlic cloves, and parm cheese block to freshly grate over top. Costs me