Is 2TBSP of coffee grounds per 6oz a meme? It always comes out REALLY fucking strong if I do that...

Is 2TBSP of coffee grounds per 6oz a meme? It always comes out REALLY fucking strong if I do that, like to the point of being undrinkable.

How much coffee ground do you anons use when making coffee?

4 heaped tea spoons for my 800ml press.
Sometimes 5 if I want to shit sooner

1 tablespoon per six ounces. Like every package ever states. If I want it stronger, I add one more tablespoon to the total.

French press. 4 tbsp for 8 oz

>see this thread
>do the maths
>17g per 177ml
>""""""""""""""""strong"""""""""""""""" coffee
I use 75g per 500ml, so I make it about 50% stronger than what you consider "strong."

Anyway, here's a bit of advice: do what you like. If you like it weaker, make it weaker. The coffee police aren't going to bust down your door and force feed you chocolate covered espresso beans or anything.
That said, "weak" coffee paradoxically tastes harsh and "stronger" to me. And American coffee, even small servings of it, always makes me jittery as fuck because you guys don't tend to roast it as dark as we do so less of the caffeine is burnt off and more of it stays behind in the bean.

...yes? Why the fuck else would you drink it if not for the 90 mg of caffeine?

>TBSP
I don't know what that means

I do 20g to an aeropress
>weak
>light roast
You don't seem to understand how coffee works

I've noticed the same. I think we tend to drink it more for effect over here than for taste.

I think you misread his post, bub.

You do know that light roast has the highest amount of caffeine, right?

>oz
fucking americans

Only by volume, not by weight. And it's negligible anyway.

Besides, you should never measure coffee by volume. Always use a scale.

18g for 55ml of espresso

i do roughly 30 g ground coffee and 480 g water in a french press for 4 minutes.

1 tablespoon of ground coffee to 3 oz water

16 oz=5 1/3 tablespoons

>It's an obsessed yuropoors whine about American measurements on an American website episode

Last time I checked this website was Japanese owned and hosted on servers in the UK.

I'm American though

I have to assume you have zero scientific literacy or cooking skills if you think ounces, pounds, inches, and tablespoons makes for convenient discussion

Once you've gotten used to doing grams and liters you'll understand the frustration that America continues to cling to this archaic system

So, yes, the CORRECT way to prepare coffee. If you are drinking Folgers, it will taste like shit full strength. Drink better coffee and you will not have too much trouble.

does anyone else here make their coffee as strong as possible and drink it along with a glass of water?

I cold brew my coffee and I usually go for 10 Table Spoons of grounds per liter.

Hot brewing extracts too much of the tannins and bitters from coffee.

Infact cold brew will essentiate the chocolately notes of coffee, it ends up extracting so little of the tanins from it, that you don't really need any sugar for it to be sweet.

If you aren't drinking Lavazza, can you even honestly say that you are drinking coffee?

Lavazza. Perfezionare.