If your knife can't do this, it's probably too dull

If your knife can't do this, it's probably too dull.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jKMFPpNxIbM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like how it changes between ceramic and metal based on how he's holding it.

You look like a terrorist. Maybe you could apply some of that sharpness autism and learn to run a razor across your face

>it's probably too dull.
No shit, Sherlock.
State the obvious a little more.
Retard.

great thread

If you're posting threads like this you probably have autism

Did he jack off to the og footage afterwards?

missed a killer opportunity to plug an isis beheading video. saged for fail

have you never seen light reflecting off metal before you moran

cameras can't record light, dumbass

>moran

based retard

how many days ago did you arrive, newfriend

>cuts aren't perfectly straight and even
>doesn't go through perfectly smoothly with zero effort, visibly drags at times
Edge isn't good enough, and more importantly isn't even.

It's good enough for anything it can possibly be used for in a kitchen.

ha ha ha

If your knife can't do this, it's probably too dull.

Cutting paper has nothing to do with the sharpness of the knife. it's T E C H N I Q U E.
There is a yt video somewhere, guy cuts the paper like this then rubs his finger against the blade without cutting himself.

FOLDED

OVER

TIMES

There is a certain minimum level of sharpness needed otherwise the paper won't be cut.

The only "technique" in your example is the video poster knowing how to handle the blade without it cutting his finger.

I really like this image. You mind if I copy it and save it to my desktop?

If you can't open a jar with one hand then you're probably too weak.

Go ahead, it is all yours. Thank you for stopping by!

aka, the worst way to test the sharpness of your knife

BS, it's a pretty good test. Not only does it give you an idea just how sharp your blade is (with a little bit of experience), it will also tell you which parts of the edge haven't been fully sharpened yet. Just don't do it too often, many kinds of paper contain mineral (i.e. stone) powder to make the paper smoother and heavier (in the induszry it's sold by weight). That stuff can cause wear on your edge.

Hello di/ck/heads ! Knife question :

i bought 2 knives the other day, pic related, the 2 smallest are the ones i bought recently.

So the chef knife is for cheffing stuff and the small one is for small vegetables/fruits and stuff but what would be the intended purpose of the medium one ? When would it be more suited than the chef knife and the small knife ?

do it

>If your knife does not cut katanas, it's too dull
t. Veeky Forums neckbeard

Those medium-sized ca. 6'' knives are called petty knives and they are generally not used very often in the kitchen. Many women and some chefs prefer them to actual chef's knives which begin at 8''. Other than that they can be used for decoration jobs, or cutting the rinds of large fruit like pineapple or mangos. Anything that doesn't involve cutting on the board (which requires knuckle clearance) and for which a 3'' parer is too small.

thanks user !

polite sage

Truth.

I don't know, you be the judge. This is the video

youtube.com/watch?v=jKMFPpNxIbM