Food you've actually made

A whole plate of tendies, just for me.

Watchu' eatin' for dinner for Veeky Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z0sXtqz3CYk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>fried up garlic, onions, and mushrooms
>added diced tomatoes and tomato sauce
>mix in seasonings and shredded chicken
>served over whole grain macaroni

Sunday lunch

Polish pierogi, ate them all in one sitting.

I thought those were puppies

American Goulasch is always good.

user, your dish presentation looks like you'Re from easten europe. Am I right?

i have been called a bulgarian once, but i am not from eastern europe

Looks better than tyson
I wish to be that good eventually, I tried asian dumplings - disaster.

Ill post a few things I did recently, Im learning a lot and all of these posts are first times unless I say otherwise.

Meatballs
Ground beef, pepper, salt, milked breadcrumbs, dry basil, fresh oregano, pan fried in olive oil then baked. Thought about adding chili flakes and ground fennel OR omitting other stuff for those things. Pepper for flakes, basil for fennel.

Well, at least your aesthetics are like those of a high quality Babuska.

Hyper bland and bad spinach pea quiche. Fortunately I learned how to do the pastry which turned out great underneath and on the sides, but I didnt have enough to make it look good at the top (Also not trying to present at all, and just cooking for the experience). Topped with shredded mozz, needed way more salt. Needed more eggs, needed more crust.

Baby bread loaf. Used too much basil OVOO, not enough salt, not enough ground flax with the flour. Didnt use enough egg wash. Tasted fine. Featured in next two.

Basic tuna salad with romane on the bread, posted to show different angle. Redid this with bigger loaf I made, instead of spreading butter in between split bread and frying I just placed soft down in olive oil to crisp up the interior. Was a lot better, no picture of that though.

Rest of the loaf with butter garlic bread, some pieces needed longer but I was burning the garlic so fuck it.

The larger daddy loaf of the small one. This one had the salt, the correct oil, maybe five times the ground flax, it was itself about 3x as large, and the egg wash was generous. It crisped up nicely and had a good crunch on the bottom (corn meal) and top.

Dont on tinfoil because all I have is a rusty fucked up pan. I know its not good but its this or nothing.

Your mum's fanny

Deep fried smelt in corn meal - the best fish ive cooked and fish is really what Im good at but cant afford anymore. Forgot the breading I used, had corneaml in it though.

Who uses charcoal here? It makes burgers taste pretty damn good. Came out too greasy though. Grilled onions, some mayo, ketchup, and pickles.

looks good to me I havent gotten the grill going this year, family fucked it up too bad. bad bun though.....

I made some pretzel buns for fun recently. P good.

These look excellent!
Gnocchi from tonight, a shame I had to go to the catalog for a fucking homemade food thread on the fucking food board.

grilled burgers on natural lump charcoal, im really happy with my grill. it's super easy to use and as long as you have two cooking zones you can't fuck it up.

You mean a fast food board?

Got the recipe?

Those look amazing. Seconding the other user on recipe.

Meatball subs (I make the meatballs with Pork Sausage and ground beef

Been playing around with different kinds of egg wash variations lately; these crosses ya got fucked up cuz I forgot to put on the 2nd coat of egg wash so I took them out of the oven really quickly.

The problem was I wasn't quick enough and they deflated. Tastes fine tho.

Chicken and peppers for a spinach romain salad.

Sorry for delayed response.

It's basically just following the steps in this vid.

Turns out that baking soda is the secret to pretzel texture.

Ingredients:
1 3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
1/4 Cup Baking Soda
1 Egg
1/2 Tsp Instant Yeast
1/2 Tsp Salt

Preparations:
1- Preheat 3/4 Cup water to (120º F / 49º C).
2- Soften the unsalted butter.

youtube.com/watch?v=z0sXtqz3CYk

Chicken breast, breaded and stuffed with ricotta, parmesan and pesto

Lemon pie w/ gingersnap crust

Here's that before 'n after:
>fresh rainbow trout with garlic/lemon
>mashed potatoes
>veggies

Got a few pics coming in

First, Scotch egg with homemade sausage

Chinese style braised pork belly, later made into pork belly parmesan risotto (no pic)

Caramelized onion, gorgonzola, and fresh fig tarts with red vein sorrel

these were for a retirement party

Arctic char poached in clemetine court boullion with sauteed broccoli rabe and saffron rice

Seared Maine sea scallops with toasted orzo pilaf and porchini/shiitake mushroom duxelle (no pastry because calorie counting)

i've never had scallops. what do they taste like? is it anything like octopus/calmari? btw great pics anonymoose

And finally, this is what happens when my fiancee tries to make me something

forgot to mention that the scallop dish has blue cheese on the mushrooms and smoked salt around the edge of the plate

at least he tried

They are a solid muscle, so from top to bottom there are strands of tender tissue. They are sweet and mild and should be cooked medium or they become very tough as they lose moisture.

I would compare them to a much juicier/softer shrimp with maybe some of the flavor of calamari. Not very similar to octo at all. They mostly just taste like themselves though, there is no "poor man's" version of scallops, though you can get bay scallops which can be as small as peanut m&ms, and are really only good in soups or deep fried. You want Fresh Sea Scallops, generally around U12-U8 in size is the dream. They cost between 20 and 40 dollars a pound, depending on where you are from. They are fantastic if prepared properly.

*She

look very tasty
dont worry about them going flat, you done good

Supper

ded thred

post food

finally made a dish I've been dreaming about for a while, pretty standard cast iron butter basted steak with butter, a ton of garlic and thyme. Used a bone in ribeye medium rare and while I let it rest I fried up two eggs over easy in the leftover fat. probably the best thing I've ever cooked but god damn was it rich.

That looks all over the place.
Probably tastes good though.

Split chicken breasts on the barbecue.

this should be obvious but
>clean your're grill dude wtf

This.
Not to be mean, but invest in a scraper for the taste if nothing else.

It's seasoned. :^)

plating could've used some work and the eggs were a little crispy for my taste but it was great, crispy on the outside warm and pink inside

It's inhibiting the heat transfer of the grate. Clean it. Some times I will just use a ball of aluminium.

what did you do there?

/
fried eggs and tamarind onions on toast. good mess

Chicken and sausage gumbo my famalam

Ketchup and rice

I love this post op.

esp. the, just for me

>rib eye steak
>tomato
>mushrooms (cooked in the juices from the steak)
>avocado
>sharp cheddar
this was one of the best sandwiches I've ever had in my life

gnocchi with white sauce and parmesan

damn that looks good

I have a million of pictures and I don't want to spend an hour posting them all. So here's just one.

Pesto with fresh basil from the garden.

no need to post the others

No bully

Thoughts?

Eggo too cooko

Skipperlabskovs? Delicious

I was testing out my new slow cooker. It's lamb, carrots, onion and potato. It doesn't look that pretty but it was very tasty.

A year or two ago for christmas I made a orange-glazed duck with a plum sauce stuffed with carrots, shrooms and something else. On many reasons it looked like shit, but it was one of the most delicious dished I'd had in my life, the combinations, etc.

where would you even get let alone one ball of aluminum and why do you have so many that you can use them on a whim to clean your grill

he means foil you goof

It's really not that hard.

Choose a filling (I had, minced meat, onions and mushrooms) and make the dough. Roll it out, make circles with a cup or something the size you want them. Take circle in one hand, fill with a teaspoon of filling, wet the edge with water (so it sticks together) flap over, close in a fancy or rustic way (my granny always pushed a fork around to close them off). Place into boiling salt water for around 7 minutes.

Let them cool down on an oily plate (so they don't stick). I like to fry them with butter and bacon in a pan till they are a bit cross.

scotch egg looking dank m8

>cheese
>mushrooms
>clams
pick one

it kinda looks like those sandwiches are gonna kiss.

Stirfry

pan fried Ribeye with mamposteao

Lunch today

I'd say you got your starch/veggie/protein portions right there.

>1:0:9000

Skirt steak and scrambled eggs mofucks

you got a big enough steak there rick

I rolled ou tthe potatoe egg and flour dough with salt pepper. Then rolled and diced the chunks, and pan fried after boiling them in butter garlic basil and sage

Jalapenis poppers stuffed with monetary Jack, mozzarella, and cheddar.
How the fuck do you bread a smooth pepper, the egg wash just runs off.

que asco que mierda es esa cosa basura estupido norteamericano jjajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajjajajajjajajajjajajjajajajajjajajajajajjajajajajajajajajajajajjajajajajajajajja

There's a little Kevin McCallister in all of us.

More so if you're on Veeky Forums.

Namely the part where he's an annoying, whiny little shit with terrible taste.

grilled these along with some pork chops and processed some butter with chopped chives and basil.

forgot pic

you should try keeping the eggs sunny side up, and maybe just cook one egg. If you wanted to get "fancy", two quail eggs (sunny side up) over slices of perfectly cooked steak could be great.

garnish with chives for color.

Here is a Cheese Soufflé I made that rose so much it spilled everywhere. It was my bad for overfilling the moulds but it tasted good nevertheless. Made with a Béchamel base and shredded Comte and Emmental.

Samefag, I also tried an imitation recipe of the Ratatouille from the movie and came up with this number which I've made a few times now. It's just peppers, eggplants, and squash roasted/braised in tomato sauce and doused in cheese.I also throw in some Nuremberg sausages because meat.

Samefag once more, these are some burgers I made. Homemade buns: a standard bun recipe that came out pretty thick. Beef: chuck steak and rib coarsely minced in my food processor then wrapped around a disk of Camembert cheese cut out a small wheel maybe three inches across. On top of the burger is a piece of pan seared foie gras, an idea I got from a restaurant I'd eaten at. The veggies are fresh arugula and some onions and peppers sautéed in the rendered foie gras fat. Probably one of the richest things I've ever enjoyed, totally worth the four hours of effort.

Underrated post.

That fillet mignon is an amazing color and it looks like you got the crust perfectly golden. Is that a traditional mushroom duxelle? It looks like garlic.

Thanks, I am not a huge mushroom fan so I did one with roasted leak and just went for an onion version.

Ah shame, mushrooms make the dish for me. As long as you absolutely carpet bombed it with black pepper though I'm sure it worked well enough.

Everything on the plate is overcooked