If there is no tipping in Australia then how do wait staff support themselves?

If there is no tipping in Australia then how do wait staff support themselves?

Other urls found in this thread:

numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Australia
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Chinese_milk_scandal
smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/dna-search-first-americans-links-amazon-indigenous-australians-180955976/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

by earning minimum wage of $18/hr, and up until recently with award wages on weekend. If that's not happening then the Fair Work Ombudsmen has yet to be gutted and more often than not will side with the worker. There's still some tipping though, I like to if they do well.

Sunday award rates are only being reduced, and even then over 5 years. Severity depends on whether you're perm part time or casual. Pretty sure Sat rates are the same across the board.

oh okay, haven't been in hospo since 2013.

The same way every other worker does, I would imagine

its still implied in some high end restaurants. i mean i earned $13/h when i was 17 at subway. the pay isnt bad,id just rather kill myself than work for someone

>$20hr minimum wage
>still paid below minimum wage because some people tip
>cost of McDonald's meal is $20
>having to work an hour for a single meal

HOW progressive and superior.

numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Australia

>reading comprehension

It says right there a McDonald's meal is $10

>9241420

what's the point of misquoting stats you link to? /drunk/ refugee or something? Enjoy getting shot and your subsequent $90,000 ICU bill.

>spending $100 on jeans
>spending 1/3 of your income on food
>spending 1/3 of your income on rent
>working an hour for a single meal is okay

I don't see the benefit at all.

@9241420
No (You) for you
Please stop shaming America

Hey, nobody's saying life in Aussieland isn't shit. Just stick to the facts, there's no need to lie

they get paid a decent wage

>below minimum wage
>decent wage

truly

Nobody tips in the UK either. You're kinda meant to tip in restaurants but if you leave without doing it you won't get fucking accosted by angry waiters at the door or get shamed on twitter with photos of the bill

How could you possibly spend a third of your income on food

Americans drink 2 litre bottles of soda and 2-3 large burgers with every meal and get fast food twice a day.
It's part of the freedom loving lifestyle so no wonder it's so expensive.

See
Apparently it's not hard for Australians, who spend nearly 33% of their monthly income at the grocery store.

I'm honestly not far off that if you deduct money put away for savings from the equation.

lets look at it this way

Jack and Jane both spend $300 each on food solely each month

$300 is 1/10 of his salary because he earns 3000 a month

while Jane, unwilling to suck corporate cocks, is paid $900 a month, so 300 of 900 is 1/3

1/3rd in food
1/3rd in bills
1/3rd in drugs
Isn't that how it works?

Jake and Jane spend the same percentage of income across Australia for food though, according to facts. How many MemeMask™ do you own?

thats out of necessity, our prices are hyper inflated. even the shitty stuff like beef rail is expensive now because theres so many chinese here.

Don't forget food for your babies as well. Nearly all of your baby formula goes to China, and dairy powder products as well as liquid milk because they don't trust their own factories/government to regulate the quality of products made there. I have a friend who's a commodities broker here in New York. Most of his income is being the middle man between dairy farmers down under and Chinese consumers. Considering they've repealed their "one child only" law(s), it's safe to say dairy farmers in Australia will be VERY profitable for the next century or more because of this:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Chinese_milk_scandal

I wonder if the cost of baby formula is astronomically higher down under now with such a high foreign demand.

You realise the only place mcdonalds is cheap is burgerland?

You'd be working an hour for a big tasty meal here in bongland too.

Australian food economy thread?
I remember pork ribs were 7/kg. Now 'American Style Ribs' go for 3 times that in Coles and twice that at the market & fuck buying decent beef without going broke.

I don't eat at McDonald's so it doesn't affect me really. The cost of living in Australia seems wildly disproportionate to the earning capacity of its workforce. Let all the boatpeople starve to death and turn them back to the shores of their own countries, you'll have surpluses of EVERYTHING as a consequence and the cost of living will go down dramatically.

So why do you take on so many immigrants?

I eat out almost exclusively... so I spend quite a bit on food, and even then it's not close to 1/3 income.

I clear about $1600 CND a month and spend maybe MAYBE $300 of that on food.

obviously, i think for the decent ones its $30/kg. thats all fine and dandy because im all about that breastfeeding and all but obviously not everyone can / poverty / medical issues. i can say with little doubt the main cause of australian financial issues is the chinese (and a few corrupt politicians)

>CND

Since when is Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament a currency?

330,000,000 people vs 24,000,000 friend.

America has the room and economy to support mass migration. Australia and European countries don't.

There are nearly as many people in my state that there are in your entire country. Neither of us have a choice really, just have to live with the choices our governments make.

That being said, Australia was breddy interesting. The GBR was an nice place to visit, sidenote to that long story I saw abbos drag a manatee behind their boat until it drowned then butchered it on a beach full of tourists. Also raided endangered turtle egg clutches and hacked a sea turtle apart with a machete while it was still alive. Awful.

Of course it's the Chinese, they're monopolizing all your valuable resources including agricultural, mineral and real estate portfolios. Fuck, the Chinese are the largest consumer of fine wine and champagne in the the 21st century.

plus we only take in the worst immigrants. vietnamese, somali, etc. who thouggt it was a good idea?

Corporations that have lobbyists who convince politicians to accept bribes so the average wages can be driven into the dirt. Happens across the planet. I don't know WHY European countries think illiterate Africans will become doctors and investment bankers. Confusing.

Australians call Manatees "dugongs" for some reason. Don't ask me why, I don't have the answer.

>Dugong dugon is the only extant species of the family Dugongidae, and one of only four extant species of the Sirenia order, the others forming the manatee family

huh, things you learn.

>The dugong (/ˈduːɡɒŋ/, /ˈdjuːɡɒŋ/; Dugong dugon) is a medium-sized marine mammal. It is one of four living species of the order Sirenia, which also includes three species of manatees. It is the only living representative of the once-diverse family Dugongidae; its closest modern relative, Steller's sea cow (Hydrodamalis gigas), was hunted to extinction in the 18th century. The dugong is the only strictly marine herbivorous mammal.

A manatee is a dugong, a dugong is a manatee, doesn't change my personal experiences in the land down under. Abbos kill them for food for some reason.

The dugong looks like an old gent that's severely disappointed with his feckless manatee son.

Yeah, this thread was definitely made by an American with genuine concern of wait staff in Australia. In no way does it appear it was made by an Australian to meme shit talk about different customs amongst different cultures.

shame they can't make it to japan. I'd like to eat one.

killed. i doubt theres more than a few abos that do anymore. maybe trash strate islands.

Apparently, according to the guide it's a regular occurrence that isn't illegal because it's a tribal heritage/rights issue. Raiding clutches of endangered sea turtle eggs also falls into this category/legal limbo.

really it shouldnt be allowed, hunt land animals or other fish. i dont think any aboriginal tribes are left that are legit either nomadic on savage so theres no reason to see it be legal

What land animals? Australia doesn't have many indigenous land mamals that are edible besides kangaroos and emus. Both of which can fuck your shit up.

just cook the kangaroo. get them eating introduced species like eabbit and boar too

Just because they invented a stick doesn't mean they know how to use it.

its pretty comical that there hunting methods never really evolved. on the same note i hate this recent trend of pushing abos as being "warriors"

What I want to know is what happened to them, that they went from a sea faring people who transversed the globe, to devolving into the "we stick nao, dream time sniffin' " people colonialists encountered when first establishing Australia. They devolved long before the arrival of Europeans. Fucking why though?

smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/dna-search-first-americans-links-amazon-indigenous-australians-180955976/

You're a funny little redditor aintcha?

It's not my fault your fingers are too fat to type CNH properly.
How do you even get that fat in Hong Kong?

Are you a retard? CND as in Canadian dollar? Fucking Americans Jesus Christ.

That's the CAD you retard. Any Canadian would know that, we've been keeping a watchful eye on the CAD-USD exchange since it tanked last summer.