Hallo Leute

Hallo Leute,

I'm going to Baden Württemburg (Freiburg im Breisgau) for October-December, what should I eat?

Other urls found in this thread:

baeckereiweber.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

currywurst paired with white guilt is about authentic as it gets there

I thought that was a Berlin thing

It's a fast spreading cancer. And terminal.

>Germanistan

Kebab and sandnigger semen

you are going to Germany, you drink beer, eat sausage and svinesachsen

Born in Freiburg, so I recommend:
Get a sausage called "Lange Rote". You will get it at the place around the Münster aka the big Church in the inner city. Wednesday and Saturday there is also a farmers market where you can get a lot of good food.
Freiburg has a big brewery (Ganter Brauerei) and some small ones that just sell their stuff at their own inn. Go to the Feierling at the Augustinerplatz and have a good beer.
Freiburg is in a wine region so you should take part in a wine tasting.
Famous cake is the Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte (Black Forest Cherry Cake) lots of cream, biscuit, cherries and cherry spirit. Tasty as fuck.

And don't forget the sauerkraut, Fraülein :)

Well, Sauerkraut goes fine with "Schupfnudeln" and bacon. Something you may find at the "Weinachtsmarkt", a chrsitmas market, from end of november to christmas at the Rathausplatz. You also might get some souveniers for you loved one.

Ein Döner bitte

Cultural enrichment.

Thanks! Any specific wine varieties?

They generally grow a lot of wines.
Pinot noir ist called Spätburgunder - best taken from the Kaiserstuhl - the inactive volcano west of Freiburg where they grow great wines.
Pinot gris aka Grauburgunder is very nice. From the same grapes they make a sweeter wine called Ruländer which is not that common but very delicious. I'd recommend to take a tour to some "Wintergenossenschaften" aka wine cooperatives and just taste. Drinking age for beer and wine is 16 - for distilled stuff it is 18. When you go to Freiburg you will get a monthly ticket for public transportation, that allows you use busses, street cars and trains in Freiburg and the two surrounding counties so you will have the option to go to the Kaiserstuhl and the Markgräfler Land and visit wine makers and places where food is very good.

Hello /pol/

Zwiebelrostbraten. Thank me later.

M E T T B R Ö T C H E N
E
T
T
B
R
Ö
T
C
H
E
N

Rosmarinkartoffeln, all kinds of bread you don´t get in burgerland and drink all the cheap beer they sell you for ludicrous prices in other countries.

Just try some sausages, kartoffelsalats, sauerkrauts, and a schnitzel or two, plus the beer, and you'll have a good time.

no

This is correct.

Also, for an authentic and delicious dinner just some good bread (I'm not quite from Freiburg, so I can't recommend a bakery, but this one looks good: baeckereiweber.com/ ) with butter, maybe some cheese/sausage/smoked bacon (Schwarzwälder Schinken) and radish/pickles or alternatively "Zwiebelschmalz/ Griebenschmalz".

Drink this:

Also beer of course. Kartoffelsalat, Fleischküchle/Leberkäs (All kinds of deli meats really), on the christmas markets maybe "Rote" sausage, though I'm not a big fan of the markets.

Also, surprisingly enough, fish (sweetwater). Trout is good if you can get it.

Kebab in the south (well, anywhere but Berlin, really) is usually mediocre/drunkfood

Thanks! Btw, Süßwasser is "fresh water" in English

"Süßwasser" is just non salt water.

Go to Munich and eat at Ratskeller
just go there as often as possible and eat everything on their menu
Right in the center of the city on Marionplatz.
Then you will know good German food.

In Freiburg I don't remember anything specific. Some kebab shops are really legit.

Döner macht schöner.
Currywurst ist auch ganz gut.
Und natürlich nicht das beste, das gute alte Schnitzel vergessen.

Hamburger Royal TS

It's Germany so everything you eat is going to be some combination of Wurst, Brot, Bier, und Käse.

Aber ich mag Wurst, Brot, Bier, und Käse.

Käsebier mit Wurstbrot

>Käsebier
That doesn´t exist
>Wurstbrot
Actualy exists, pic related.

>Kebab in the south (well, anywhere but Berlin, really) is usually mediocre/drunkfood
The best kebab in Freiburg is found at the "Euphrat". It is in the inner city near the university. Boss is a woman and food is fucking delicious. But never go there at lunch time, the row of people goes out to the street.

Solid pick, i'd second this.

>Cheese beer

Käsewurst mit bierbrot.

Spätzle mit Soß
Zwiebelrostbraten
Läberwurstbrot
Läberkäswecken
Wurstsalat
Saure Kartoffelrädle
Flammkuchen
Berliner
Obstler