I caught two of these fuckers today

I caught two of these fuckers today.
>any prep suggestions?

smoke 'm

I suggest you learn what greentext is for newfriend.

What kind of fish is that?

Looks like some cross between a mackerel, Barry and tuna.

I would hit at some sort of mackerel though.

it's a bonito. In the same family as tuna.

>I suggest you learn what greentext is for newfriend.

Use 1: quoting a previous post
Use 2: providing visual contrast to isolate unique thoughts

I suggest you stop being an asshole?

Atlantic Bonito, member of the tunoid family.
>I hear praytell they are tasty

>Use 2: providing visual contrast to isolate unique thoughts
Try again.

It's used for quoting posts/external sources and when referring to events in the past.
Maybe on old bulletin style message boards or some traditional forums, but not here.

I'm not sure if the filets would be thick enough for steaks, which is what most would consider when they hear "tuna family". And personally I've never caught any. More of a surf/bridge fisher. I'd try blackened on a grill, or in foil and lemon/butter.

Where'd you charter/sail from user?

Take the guts out before eating

Falmouth, Cape Cod. Caught the bonito at the 3nm line south of Martha's Vineyard at a shoal known as the hooter.

The bonito are cleaned into 4 loins, not steaks unfortunately.

Also caught a dozen bluefish (they're going into the smoker) and a few Black Sea bass. Black bass are amazingly delicious.

Pic isn't me, but it's a nice looking black bass. Beautiful fish.

Blues I have experience with, sounds like you had a good trip overall. Kinda wish my trip weren't a month away now.

Nice catch, regardless.

Looks like tuna on he inside. The "steak" of the loin is about thumb sixed

since fucking when?

Deep freeze, then thaw. Eat raw at room temperature with some soy and wasabi to your taste.

carve them into galleons

OP, I am a Floridian. Only weird people who like fishy fish, caribbean poverty people or actual asians will touch anything in that mackerel family. I'd have tossed it back. I caught some pretty gorgeous king mackerel once with family who didn't believe me that it is oily and not delicious, and literally called 20 people who didnt want the free fishes til they believed me that we should have tossed it back.. No one wanted it.

lol I go once a week. Just never caught any of these Atlantic bonito before. Mostly striped bass and black bass.

Good luck on your trip!

The only oil on the bonito was the sesame I seared the medallions in. It was delicious.

eat the organs and throw the meat to the dogs, way more nutrition that way, user, don't get fat by eating empty calories

I worked with a guy a few years ago that became beast mode when he had sip. Crazy how I can take 3 scoops pre-workout and not be as intense as Kevin got

Alaskan here. I would toss back anything that comes outta that dirty ass warm Florida water.

Throw it away if you don't want to be a sad faggot with lead poisoning