Water fasting doesn't achieve resul-

A true water fast maintains a zero caloric intake. This means water only, nothing added to it. ... While it is true that water fasting is the most intense path to detoxification and therapeutic benefit, other types of fasting, and even cleansing diets, detox and heal as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

livestrong.com/article/331163-water-fasting-side-effects/
lifehack.org/379951/little-known-health-dangers-water-fasting
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11416824
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'd like to try a PSMF, I might just maybe would have the will power for it. And it wouldn't kill my gains.

>>>/fit

Look at the pic in OP. Water fasting actually BUILDS muscle. You've just been lied to by McDonalds

This is the food and cooking board. Water fasting is the strict avoidance of both of those things. Go to r9k or something.

Enjoy seizing in a hospital bed dumbfuck

and that "result" is the result of steroids not fasting you gullible prole

That guy's DYEL as shit though.

I'm trying to lose some weight but I think I'll stick to 1 or 2 pounds per week since I can't afford to be weak at work due to no eating

I started an all water fast on July 23
I've lost some pounds though I'm not doing it for the weight loss
sleep was horrible the first couple days..sharted myself the 3rd day..4th day body felt super energized..ran 2 miles on the 5th day..everyday since has been the same, a little bit of nausea and I tire out around 2-3 o'clock
>dubs decide what food I break my fast with

Bouillon water

A full head of iceberg lettuce.

I did a water fast once and after 5 days my heart felt like it was bursting into flames. Never tried it again. There's better ways user

But it obviously damages your brain, given the fact that you're flooding the board with off-topic shitposting threads.

Cook hot dogs but throw them out and just drink the water.
You need to slowly ween yourself onto food again.
Baby steps

>A true water fast maintains a zero caloric intake. This means water only, nothing added to it. ... While it is true that water fasting is the most intense path to detoxification and therapeutic benefit, other types of fasting, and even cleansing diets, detox and heal as well.
Fools gold

Try doing such activities under doctors supervision

Consider having shit eating habits and crossing them with healthy in the most extreme combination without considerable observation

Lame shit from lame shitter

Water is part of this boards content as is smoking along with other forgettable content

Running for miles while water fasting for nearly two weeks

What sort of nonsense is this

yea..I know I wont be able to jump right back on the food wagon
I get depressed If I don't run

Retard.

Diet and exercise works

Semen, buckets of semen

>sharted myself the 3rd day.
why

Wow this really works? This is amazing... thank you Veeky Forums. I'm really glad I checked this board tonight

Doesn't it cause brain/muscle deterioration? Your body doesn't JUST burn fat when its starving.

brain wasting isnt an issue here

what's that a picture of that that little anime guy is looking at?

Deep fry some pasta.

>detoxification
>cleansing diets
>detox

These are the redflags. Nothing but pseudo science bullshit.

top b8

eat a dick, that picture is not 28days. detoxification, cleansing diets and 'detox' is horseshit psuedo-science.

Bosna preferably with Vienna sausage

DUBS

But what about those white strips you put on the bottom of your feet at night and it draws out toxins and it's brown or black when you wake up

oh those things that don't exist and that you just made up? i dunno man.

>he doesn't want to go full Terri Schiavo mode
Not gonna make it.

same thing as those foot baths with the copper element with a slight electrical charge in them
after just a few minutes the water becomes all brown and chunky from sucking all the toxins out of your body through your feet

however you could also just turn the copper element on without feet in the tub and the water will still get all brown and chunky. weird

closest bosna place I found user
>willing to meet up if someone is in the area

I'll have dinner with you but you have to fuck me afterwards. I'm a dude and I will take my bad day out on your prostate.

Mmm, butterdogs, just like nana used to make

I would, but I'm taken
sawry :(

haha dude that sounds kinda gay...

Holy shit, I live in Des Plaines. Not even joking

I don't want to meet up with any anons though.

That place is good too. Also check out Restaurant Mehanata.

I grew up in Des Plaines
Ill join you Veeky Forums bro, Skype me
rpmegalie
Im a law student and semi-professional cook. Im straight af but its good to have bros when going out.

>FASTING BUILDS

Holy fucking shit.
Sometimes you really can't tell when its bait or fucking idiocy.

Fuck off creeper. I wouldn't eat dinner with someone like you. I can smell the cheeto dust from the words on my screen. Post your addie so that other user can come after your prostate.

>Your body doesn't JUST burn fat when its starving.

ketosis is literally that pham

ketosis is burning protein pham

literally type 'ketosis' into google family

well its the internet.....
cool....let me dig up my skype (im straight also, and I'm black btw..won't be offended if you back out)
not me

OK faggot then what was I thinking of? I was pretty sure ketosis was burning protein.

not me. someone is larping at me. don't meet up with me on skype or for food you fudgepacker

neither of you are actually me. fuck off.

how'd he get shorter

this isn't me either. my skype is biggnigdick69 btw.

Currently doing one. Evening of day 3. So hunger has pretty much subsided completely. Down 8.2lbs but pretty sure a good chunk of that is just all the food that was sitting in my GI track.

Know how a bottle of ketchup will kind of sputter and spritz out little droplets when it is nearly empty? Same thing but with your asshole. No new food means the stuff at the end has little to compact with and is mostly bile.

How does your hair not fall out ?

The only danger is dehydration.

>Your body doesn't JUST burn fat when its starving.

Yes it does, it's called Ketosis.

I lost 30 pounds fasting.

It will eventually. Mines falling out right now, but I see some of it growing back.

That's the only negative I've experience form fasting for weeks at a time.

from*

both day 1 and day 28 lack the actual good type of faggotry, if i was OP i'd kms

That's Yozora from Haganai, bullying MC by forcing him to eat her cooking and looking down her breasts at him

And completely lost your metabolism.

yeah, because your body just burns away it's grey matter when you haven't ate in 24 hours right hahaha

fucking moron

Post the picture of day 60 where he is twice as bloated as day one

They exist man there were commercials for them

I think they were called kenoki footpads or some shit

No I haven't.

I thought fasting was okay, but not for too long? I don't know too much about this, but if recall correctly you'll lose weight during the fast but your body begins to burn calories more slowly? I'm often really busy, far too busy to dedicate any meaningful amount of time towards proper lifting, the most I can do are some body weight exercises early in the morning so I've been wanting to try fasting but I don't really know how to go about it all.

This was from several years ago but it did prove a few things about water fasting, at least in my eyes.

The whole metabolism meme is just that. I calculated for my TDEE and that was almost preciously what I lost. I am by no means super fit but I was not all that fat. We're talking just regular guys with a bit of a gut have nothing to fear from water fasting.

How do you guys get past the hunger pains?

I have acid reflux so when my body is hungry I fucking FEEL it, but if theres some way past that I'd be all for it.

Taking acid controllers on a completely empty stomach hurts like hell.

Just sip man. You'll have all the energy you need to get through the day

eat a small meal (250 cal) at the same time every day (12pm and 8pm).

Beef bullion broth is the trick. It is warm and filling and while having next to no calories feels like a meal. Plus it puts a nice salty after taste in your mouth for a long time after.

>bullion
Kek.
Retard.

Oh go eat baguette dicks.

Barely any change noticeable to be honest.

This is bullshit, consider that even if you were to maintain your mean MBR through the whole fasting (Which will not happen) you'll barely get into a 28*(2000)= 56,000 Kcal deficit that is about 5 kg of fat, some muscle and other vital tissues.

Slow and constant wins this race.

The advantage of a water fast over just lowering your caloric intake is that your body actually enters proper starvation mode (ketosis), which slows down the breakdown of muscle relative to fat. On just a low calorie diet with a normal amount of carbs, your body doesn't really stay in ketosis and breaks down some muscle for energy - whereas water fasting puts you into ketosis, so as your weight drops your bodyfat also drops more steeply while lean muscle mass stays roughly the same.

That said, you could still maintain ketosis while eating a fat source, for example a green salad with sugar-free vinaigrette. There are some other advantages to "pure" fasts in terms of the immune system, though.

>I started an all water fast on July 23
I started on 31st July, breaking it on 9th September.

>stomach will be too small to stuff my face
Feels bad, man. I guess fruit salad will have to do.

The dude's obviously been doing push ups. Jesus christ you diet people are as bad as religious fanatics.

Along with stroke or a heart attack.

>This thread
Maybe people cant be trusted to self medicate after all

>detoxification
>even cleansing diets, detox and heal as well.

Kek, what a bunch of bull shit. Fuck off, fag.

Yeah because he lost all that fat from doing pushups for 28 days right

Well I was already on the lower end of dad bod so visually it might not have been all that impressive.

However that was a true 16.2lbs of weight loss. That is factoring in the weight added by refeeding and stabilizing out. The point was to show you don't wither away into a weak skeleton or go crazy after a week. It will very rapidly burn fat and I didn't do a single damn thing but light walking/sitting at that particular job.

It proves that slowing of the metabolism is either complete bullshit or so insignificant it doesn't bother mentioning.

>acid reflux from NOT eating

do americans really suffer from this? the only time I get it is from too many rich foods or drinking too much.

I've had an opposite experience with a super low calorie diet, like 500 a day, and it's all anecdotal anyway. I was already falling asleep randomly so I really can't imagine going without food for more than a couple of days.

I fluctuate in weight because sometimes I'm really into exercising, and other times I'm not, and no matter what I still eat the same way

like nigga, just lose weight, it isn't hard

>I've had an opposite experience with a super low calorie diet, like 500 a day
That is probably why it was so miserable. Just enough calories to keep the body from entering ketosis. Probably enough food to make the mindset of fasting damn difficult. It is far far easier to eat nothing and just stick with that then eat a little something but only so much.

>has weight issues
>just lose weight lol
Retard.

You probably just dont have GIRD. Fuck yuropoor education lol

Idk maybe but I lost like 3lbs in 3 weeks with that. Not that I was overweight, even then I was at a very healthy weight and now I'm very slim so it's a nonissue. I wouldn't fast for weight loss though, a slow and steady loss is way better.

Whenever I skip meals I feel like throwing up if I don't fill my stomach. Does this have to do with my acid reflux pains?

I'm positive that nobody is serious about this but please if someone is even CONSIDERING this then please do some research before you try it. For the sake of your health.

livestrong.com/article/331163-water-fasting-side-effects/

lifehack.org/379951/little-known-health-dangers-water-fasting

Basically fasting like this will eat at your muscle tissue, and when you DO go back to food your metabolism is so fucked that you'll most likely gain back what you lost.

Of course if you're healthy doing this for a day won't kill you. But spending multiple days like this is just asking for severe health issues.

>How do you guys get past the hunger pains?
Drink lots of 0 calorie liquid until you temporarily feel full? I never really properly figured this one out either. That's why I went from 145 lbs to 176 lbs over 4 years after finishing undergrad. Then I got back on my adderall and I'm losing 2 lbs a week average. Losing a years worth of weight gain every month. In a few months I'll have to get into the habbit of forcing myself to eat so I can get up to maint.

>I'm positive that nobody is serious about this but please if someone is even CONSIDERING this then please do some research before you try it. For the sake of your health.
For the sake of your mind, I recommend you actually read scientific studies and look at the raw data yourself instead of treating "articles" as research. Just fucking add pubmed to the end of your google search or something. It's not hard.

Yeah everything I've read seems to support the stuff I linked earlier. Whenever they DO mention that it has positive effects (in very niche situations mind you, like this study on hypertension: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11416824 ) they also mention that you should be SUPERVISED BY MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS THE WHOLE TIME.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or an active idiot but please don't fuck around with this shit. Please, if you have articles that expound the glories of water fasting then by all means link them. Saying "you're wrong" and offering no evidence is kinda silly.

Oh and one last thing, there's plenty of people who also believe the earth is flat.

Something about your post tells me you didn't comprehend mine. Did I ever claim you were wrong or right? No, I told you to use better fucking sources. If you want to back up claims, regardless of what they are, use data and not hearsay.

Do you want an anecdotal example on why you want to quote scientific studies and not articles and websites? The center for disease control, cdc.gov, makes statements regarding blood pressure, quoting sources. When you actually open their sources and read them, you find that what they claimed is not only not supported by the source, it's not even mentioned or a part of the data.

Nobody is going to listen to you when you quote lifehack as a source. If you want to inform people, hit them with science.

>that much weight loss in under a month and minimal loose skin and retained muscle mass
Fake, and if not, not healthy. 1kg a week MAX. That looks like a bout 20, maybe more. So this person lost 5kg a week? LOL it took me 3 months loose that much.

Global Rule 2, fuck off.