Deep fried mushrooms

>deep fried mushrooms

is this a meme?
what won't you yanks fry?

It's not a meme, they're good once in a while.

Probably nothing. I'm sure somewhere in some kitchen at some time, someone has even put his own dick and balls in a fryer

These are one of the few fried foods I actually enjoy and don't think taste like the rest of every other generic fried shit.

do they get soggy inside?
i love mushrooms but the idea of battering them and throwing them in oil has never passed my mind

Those look like shit tier ones senpai.

Gotta go with the big fat kind stuffed with cheese and garlic. Breading isn't strictly necessary, I could take it or leave it. It IS necessary that they be served hot enough to burn a hole straight through my tongue.

Never had them. But I have had:

>Fried Potatoes
>Fried Fish
>Fried Pickles
>Fried Onions
>Fried Tomatoes
>Fried Ravioli
>Fried Pizza
>Fried Octopus
>Fried Shellfish
>Fried Beef
>Fried Pork
>Fried Chicken
>Fried Rice
>Fried Ice Cream
>Fried Snicker's Bars
>Fried Twinkies
>Fried Beans
>Re-Fried Beans

Yea, we'll fry just about anything. And it's fucking delicious.

Also, no. I'm not overweight.

>Let fried mushrooms sit for 6 hours
>Upon biting into one searing liquid cascades down your mouth
>Canker sores have already formed before you've swallowed

Fried mushrooms are great

Yeah, they're soggy-ish, depending. They definitely don't maintain a sauteed firmness on average.

More like what can't we fry

Not fried cheese curds?
The best possible bar food

>Fried Potatoes
stop right there you mad man

Wish I had access to cheese curds with the almighty squeak

Aren't mushrooms traditionally fried in japan?
Or are you just completely clueless about cuisines?

Pretty good. I bake mine.

Maurice Lamarche is pretty cool guy.

Yes, they get a bit steamy soggy, but the breadcoating is pretty crisp. Mushrooms are typically served with a horseradish dip, which I think is the genius in food pairing and why it is so popular over the years. Its unusual enough.

As much as I love mushrooms, I love fried okras and fried green tomatoes more.

Boudin balls
Fried "toasted" ravioli
Arancini
sweet plantains
chicken livers

Are there any solid foods that shouldn't be deep fried?

never tried okra but i make green tomatoes from my garden all the time

desu it's the only reason i even grow tomatoes at all

shame you can't find green tomatoes at any grocery stores around here. idk if you can even find them anywhere

i was going to say cheese and then i remembered how good mozzarella sticks are

better question: what solid foods taste better raw than deep fried

All of them. Eating fried food is self harm and shouldn't be socially acceptable.

lettuce?
i can't imagine any way to get deep fried lettuce to work
it's fun to throw pieces in a fryer though. they crackle and pop like firecrackers

They do, but the breading stays crispy so when you bite in it's like a hot eyeball popping in between your teeth.
Feels good man.

Cucumber

You haven't had fried okra?

Yeah. The US has nothing on Japan when it comes to frying food

Corn? Most fruits?

>hasn't had fried cauliflower

bruh...

>he's never had corn nuts

>you yanks fry?
>you yanks

Aren't some of your classic dishes Fish and Chips and the Chip Butty? Didn't you invent the fried twinkie? Isn't your traditional breakfast called a Fry Up?

We have a fast food joint here called everest and they sell them, they're actually firm on the inside and delicious

You should try my Boudin balls

You should definitely give, the crispy batter and the soft mushroom form an excellent combo

t.non-burger

>No fried oreos
>No fried butter
>No fried banana
>No refried fried chicken
>No fried okra
>No monte cristo
You are no countryman of mine.

>never tried fried kool-aid
We simply dont give a fuck

in my experience they don't get soggy if you put them in straight from the freezer

they make a specific sound in the fryer when they're ready to be pulled

Not a meme. We do far more ridiculous things like fry bubblegum, and ranch dressing. Though in my opinion, fried pickles with a peanut butter vinaigrette is the best.

Not a yank, but I'd eat it.

Water.

fried pickles are seriously one of the best fried foods IMO. They used to sell them at sonic too but I haven't seen them in forever.

You know sonic is all about crazy food/drink combos. If you ask them to fry you up pickles guaranteed they would do it.

>Be me
>Live in Wi
>Like beer
>Everyone from out of state memes NG
>It tastes like shit
>Comeatme

If you have a Buffalo Wild Wings or a Freddy's near you they should sell fried pickles. I like 'em occasionally but some places really overdo the batter.

Fried mushrooms may be my favorite fried food, it's hard to say. Dat texture. I think the best dip is chili con queso

>no fried zucchini
>no fried sweet potatoe

I too watch the Wolfe Pitâ„¢

We won't fry your balls no worries

Fried button mushrooms sound pretty gross. Now if you where to fry something like portobello or porcini then it at least sounds edible.

Texas Roadhouse.

Fried Eggplant, zucchini, mac n cheese, spinach, Vidalia onions, corn on the cob.

fried mushrooms are great with ranch

Fried mushrooms and fried jalapenos are my favorite bar food

Dont mind me
Just posting the superior fried food

The british don't even LIKE food why the fuck are you giving us shit over fried mushrooms? You guys think beans is a normal breakfast, like cereal or some shit.

You people treat food like it's just there to stop your stomach from growling. Disgusting ass british people, fuck

>No fried cereal
Time for deportation

The one time I had falafels they burnt my mouth so badly that skin was coming off the roof of my mouth for the next two weeks.

yeah, these look like the kind thats frozen then shipped and then refried to heat them up at the restaurant

That's like 1/4 the menu at the Texas State Fair. I'm gonna try some fried alligator at the next Fair, what to expect?

It just tastes like overcooked fatty chicken honestly

Never heard of tempura, you ignorant, uncultured Nigger?

Yes, little nog. Japs fry every veggies know to man as "tempura."

I've had these at a vegetarian Chinese restaurant that coats them in Orange Chicken sauce, tastes pretty damn good.