What is this shit on my blueberries...

What is this shit on my blueberries? I can't tell if these bumps are a natural blueberry feature or something more sinister, and I have found jack shit searching online. Anyone know what this stuff is?

Other urls found in this thread:

winemaking.jackkeller.net/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Blueberry AIDS

Guess I better go get myself checked at the local clinic.

I think the scientific term is "shitty blueberry." Do all the ones you from that batch look like that or just that one?

>Big Agriculture sells blueberries with TUMORS because it is not PROFITABLE to seperate them out
ISHYDDT

I got one batch that had a lot of them with that.
It felt like there were more near the end, making me feel like it was something happening while they were sitting in my fridge, but I only noticed at the end, too, so who knows. I got a new batch and it seems like there are less, but I have noticed a couple.

Blaids

Big Berry wants us to get sick by eating their contaminated berries so that we'll clamor for more blueberries to consume their natural antioxidants that we think makes us better.

#boycottbigberry

#buylocal

We picked 22 gallons from a pick-your-own farm this year and I never saw a single blueberry that looked like that.

get fresh blueberries, faggot

I'm shocked by how apparently non-prevalent what I'm seeing is.
I feel like I need to go to a fucking blueberry expert to get this shit diagnosed I don't want to eat these if they have actual blueberry aids.

I am trying to buy bulk to save money.
I guess there might be a blueberry farm near me or something I could look into. Would it be cheaper than $5 for 2lb?

wait I just checked and the farm i got them from is apparently 1 hour away. i dunno how recent the ones in the store have been picked though

>cheaper

1 gallon holds @ 5lbs but the owner lets us fill to overflowing so they usually measure 6lbs and it costs $10/gallon. A bit cheaper. The benefit is you can select the best flavored bushes and ripest berries. She has a commercial side where she ships to retailers and those berries are picked before they fully ripen otherwise they wouldn't hold up. So they won't have the flavor of picked when fully ripe.

Not bad; thanks for the info. I dunno if I could handle 5lb of blueberries (let alone 6), but I imagine I don't *have* to pick in that bulk. Do you guys freeze any, by the way, or do you just eat a lot of blueberries?

I like to snack on frozen blueberries, open the freezer and pop a few in my mouth, they're like little pop sickle bites consistency-wise.

While this thread is here, anyone notice blueberries have tasted especially shitty this year? Not sure if it's just my state or region or what, but most of them taste like snot

I don't think my tastes have changed either, I picked up a few from a farmers market and they tasted as great as always if not better

Did store bought ones finally water them down to completely tasteless crud?

TEACH THE CONTROVERSY

They were in your fridge for slightly too long. Unless they're mushy they are still fine to eat

Yeah? Aight; so long as it ain't mold or nothing.

We freeze most of that 22 gallons and eat them with bananas and nuts for breakfast throughout the year. But we also use 6 gallons to make 10 gallons of blueberry wine.

That's really cool; thanks for sharing. I'm definitely going to check out what my local farms have to offer, see if I can get in on this bulk blueberry thing.

I sure hope you DDT? I don't think that'll help matters

Almost all fruits are like this: one year on, one year off. Some fruits are on even longer cycles like starfruit.

Blueberry wine huh? Bet that's very very good for you

>blueberry wine good for you

Idk, but I've brewed it for the last 3 years and it always comes out tasting like a decent quality merlot. For @ $80.00 I get 48 750ml bottles. I'll take that price point any day.

Sheeit, I've always wanted to make a berry wine. Do you have a recipe or guide or anything to follow?

Another user desperately wanting to know your recipe.

Flies. Those blueberries are filled with fruit fly maggots.

Please user, tell me more about this blueberry wine.

The secret is adding a liter of smegma

>He actually eats starfruit.

oh shit I think you might be right.
Should I just considered it extra protein?

Pearly penile papules (PPP)

I basically used this guy's recipe for the dry blueberry wine. He's got recipes for a ton of different wines.

winemaking.jackkeller.net/

The amount of sugar you have to add varies depending on the sugar content in the berries but you want to add enough sugar to get the SG to at least 1.090. Also Champagne yeast like Lavlin EC-1118 will ferment out most of the sugar so it's like a Merlot. This year my recipe for 5 gallons of wine:

3 gallons of blueberries (juiced with pulp)
18 cups sugar
4 tsp yeast nutrient
4 tsp acid blend
4 tsp pectic enzyme
Water to bring to 6 gallons
2 packets Lavlin EC-1118.

His website covers the steps and procedures as it would be too much to go into here.

Stop fucking your blueberries, weirdo.

don't judge my love

Thank you, based user.

kek