RATATOUILLE

RATATOUILLE.

What is overdressed, overrated side dish for $500, Alex (plus tip)

Sell 10$ worth of ingredients for 45$ per small serving

Genius

And cooked

Taste is unexpected, very reminiscent

>reminiscent
Of what?

A dish that has in it exclusively the ingredients (vegetals) that i dont like. I think i'll fucking pass.

Hahaha

Looks really good user. Do people ever add pasta to ratatouille or is that blasphemy?

that actually sounds really good with it

you'd probably give every hipster, and French peasant a heart attack

The really peasent ratatouille doesn't look as fancy as the movie one. The movie fellows a recipe of somw parisien chef.

That's one of those "It's no longer ratatouille" things. Like adding cream to a carbonara makes it not a carbonara. You can do it, but you're no longer correctly making the dish.

>underage

>Does like tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes and some peppers and herbs

fuck off underaged

I see and I thought as much. I was just wondering if there where any good recipes with pasta.

>French peasant a heart attack
French Peasants give 0 fucks. The thing giving France a bad name is the Parisians. Get out in the countryside where the people are nicer and more laid back, and the food is better

The movie recipe isn't even actual Ratatouille. It's Confit Biyaldi, which is an arranged variation. And the movie version is actually a version made by an AMERICAN chef doing an interpretation of a Parisian chefs dish, which itself was just an interpretation of the peasant rdish.

Ratatouille itself is literally just a fried veggie stew made french peasants with maybe one or two pots and not a lot of cooking fuel. In fact, until the 20th century, Rataouille was ANY coarse vegetable stew.

>The modern ratatouille - tomatoes as a foundation for sautéed garlic, onions, zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, marjoram, fennel and basil, or bay leaf and thyme, or a mix of green herbs like herbes de Provence - does not appear in print until c. 1930

Why would you ever need to? It has no need for pasta filler.

>It has no need for pasta filler
But muh complex carbs.

look i would not consider myself picky as a 25 year old man but i still to this day hate zucchini and squash with its disgusting bitter taste

>10$ worth of ingredients
Do you shop on the moon? Why are your vegetables so expensive?

Post the recipe my dude.

How's the taste m8? Is it worth the effort? Does it have sauce?

I roasted a pablano pepper, white onion, red and orange bell pepper on a grill, and used three medium sized blanched tomatoes for the, sauce or whatever, which I blended with salt, pepper, olive oil,2 cloves of garlic and rosemary till it was semi smooth, but it's up to you for that

Then thinly sliced a zucchini, squash, three small tomatoes, and eggplant thinly with a knife, and stack it on top in whatever pattern you want

Then bake it at 275 for 90 minutes with parchment lining the top

Bake it for

It's worth it, way too much effort for a knife though, so don't make it the Parisian way unless you have a mandoline

Oh yeah, don't forget celery and basil in the sauce

Pretty non traditional

Chili Cheese Tots

:3

You can always make pasta w/ratatouille

This is my favorite variation of ratatouille.

give me some of your tots

All that tomato seems like it would be super acidic. Is it?

So ratatouille is just veggies in marinara? I don't get it/ It's like if you stack it like dominoes, it's ratatouille

If you just throw some veggies in a pot with marinara it's a stew? What's the difference?

I eat tomatoes like apples.

My favourite movie

You don't need to stack it

Ratatouille is just a simple veggie stew, the fancy gettup is a breakaway dish using the same ingredients, but laid out so rich Parisian can feel separated from the lower class

It's more or less a similar, tomatoes pepper, squash, eggplant carrot flavor

ra-ta-to-u-il-le?

> The movie recipe isn't even actual Ratatouille. It's Confit Biyaldi, which is an arranged variation. And the movie version is actually a version made by an AMERICAN chef doing an interpretation of a Parisian chefs dish, which itself was just an interpretation of the peasant dish.

That.

To me (born and raised in Paris), ratatouille is about getting the most delicious veggies you can find, and making a hearty peasant stew out of them, so they're melting and not too mushy.

You'll kill the dish if you put canned food or bad ingredients in it. You'd ace it if you could feel the taste of the land. Confit Bialdi is a fancy version, but still ratatouille imho, you lose the peasant dish side, but it was supposed to be fancy. As for pasta, I'd definitely eat it, but not call it ratatouille.

Looks fucking fantastic and the first thing I thought of was the Pixar movie, looks just like Remy's. How did it taste?

I always like the aesthetic but when I think Ratatouille I think of an ugly, rustic but homey dish.

>I always like the aesthetic
>aesthetic
What exactly do you think that word means?

The method or principles used in an artistic expression.

A peasant dish!

>ra-to-tou-iru?

OF WHAT

RAT-TIE-TOU-REE

>He doesn't get it

GET WHAT!?!