Pardon me, greatest cake of all time coming through

Pardon me, greatest cake of all time coming through

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5CMNpB_CVlA
youtube.com/watch?v=skWgki1Mqb8
indianhealthyrecipes.com/carrot-halwa-recipe-gajar-ka-halwa-recipe/
youtube.com/watch?v=Qx9Gj1X3mAc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Where? Is the pineapple upside-down cake behind the frosted yellow?

excuse me, i like wet cake very much

You're gonna need at least 10 more layers m8

>*blocks your cake*

this is pretty good
top 3 cakes

My nigger. Tres leches is a top tier cake

I agree with you, OP. It was my birthday a few days ago and my relatives got me an ice cream cake but apologized because they said they didn't even know what kind they got (they didn't ask an employee). Free cake though, so I was happy. They asked what my favorite kind of cake was and I told them yellow or butter cake with chocolate frosting. They got really offended like I didn't even appreciate what they gave me because I said that. What the fuck is wrong with people?

for me it's the sachrtorte, the best dessert cake

I like a lot of coconut pecan frosting and a dense fudgy cake.

>diabetic
>tfw this thread

only children and faggots enjoy cake anyway

fuck these people

>fuck children and gays
Yes please

>only children and faggots
>fuck these people
kek

But more seriously, my favorite cake is underappreciated. I blame people who put a fuckton of carrot shreds on the top. Of course, maybe my dessert tastes are just off because I don't like very sweet things.

My insulin-resistant African American..

My nigga. Everytime I mention carrot cake people just look as if they think the whole fucking thing taste like one faint regular carrot. Truly underappreciated.

Carrot cake is great.

get some insulin and you're good

I fucking love not so sweet sweet foods

It's pretty fucking sweet you sugar sucking American

>made yellow cake a few weeks ago
>let them out to cool for a while with the intent to frost them
>like ten minutes later i come back and 3/4 of one of the cakes is missing
>dad's sitting at the table with a plate smeared with butter and crumbs
>"good cornbread user"

idiot

how fat is your dad that he just eats 3/4 of a cake on a whim?

is that a russian honey cake??

>All these sponge cake ITT

Step aside, kiddos

Wtf is that? It's beautiful.

for once I actually agree with op

Meringue cake.
French meringue at the bottom with mixture of custard, whipped cream and italian meringue on top of it, crumble of french meringue as topping. Freeze the shit out of it and it's done. Picture has two layers but it's the same.

>Only 1 person posts Tres Leches
What the fuck? Where's the love for the GOAT cake?

For me it's the tiramisu

Sachertorte doesn't have a white bottom, wtf?

youtube.com/watch?v=5CMNpB_CVlA
I have had this video bookmarked for so long. I want to make it but have been lazy.
It's easily the best LOOKING recipe for carrot cake I've ever seen.

>smeared with BUTTER and crumbs

Did he actually butter the cake before eating it? I agree with 's question, just how fat is your dad? And does he have something wrong with his sense of taste if he can't tell cake and cornbread apart?

american "bread" is sweet like cake so i fully understand if they cant tell them apart

It's the reflection, user. Plays hell with the perspective.

Cornbread is supposed to have maybe a teaspoon of sugar per batch.

Spoken like someone who hasn't eaten a bite of cornmeal. I know you think Yanks are stupid, but cornbread tastes NOTHING like a cake made with wheat flour, eggs, butter, sugar, and vanilla flavouring, all of which the former doesn't have.

Wrong, cornbread usually has half as much wheat flour as cornmeal, and usually has butter, eggs, and buttermilk.

pray to god you don't drop that shit

youtube.com/watch?v=skWgki1Mqb8

fat autistic burgers cant see such an obvious joke

yeah, that was pretty stupid of me

I think a lot of people have never tried it. It's my favorite, or My grandpa used to take slices of regular cakes and put them in a glass/bowl of milk. He probably would've liked tres leches ;_;

That's northern cornbread, user, and that STILL tastes and looks nowhere close to yellow cake. Anyone with a functional sense of taste would be alerted to the lack of corn, smoother texture, and heavy sweetness. Either 's dad scarfed it down without a single breath, or there's something genuinely wrong with his tongue/olfactory system, the health implications of which are poor.

Seeing the joke and finding it funny aren't inclusive, especially when you're just plain wrong. And I'm not even a 'burger'.

replying with a correction means you didnt get it

I think it's the same autist patrolling the Canada thread for people saying mean things

this
last year on my birthday i ordered tiramisu, everyone gave me funny looks until they tried it
it has everything, its sweet and bitter and sour its the perfect dessert

I have never had it before to be honest. Looks good though.

My nigga. I've also made some amazing pumpkin sheet cake that was just as good.

While I certainly agree about user's dad and the sheer ridiculousness of anyone mistaking cake for any style of cornbread, I was under the impression that the main difference between Southern and Northern cornbread is that yankees put a half cup of sugar and a bunch of whole corn kernels in it, whereas Southerners either do barely a teaspoon or omit sugar entirely, and don't put any whole kernels in at all.

At least, that's the way my North Carolinian mother always made it.

I'm from the Northwest, and any time I've seen cornbread, it's been kernel-free and low sugar. There's often honey on top, though, if it's meant to be eaten alone..

POWER RANKINGS
Yellow cake w/ chocolate icing=tres leches>tirimasu>pound cake>>>>>>everything else>>>>>>>>>>>carrot cake

aesthetic, I'll give you that
the inside also seems quite dense, can be a good cake

But can we call it cake? I've personally never seen Tiramisù as a cake, just a slightly complex cold dessert

If you like carrot cake, try this

indianhealthyrecipes.com/carrot-halwa-recipe-gajar-ka-halwa-recipe/

Try again sweetie

my dad is so proud of his cornbread, it is pretty much literally cake
i understand the way you feel
he puts butter and honey on t op

>Comes to a thread about cake
>Hates cake
Why?

Thats not coconut cake

I didn't know yellow cake with chocolate frosting was so popular. It's my favorite as well.

Oh hell to the fuck yeah

It's ok user, you'll bury him one day.

no it isn't, you fucking moron

Is that this?

Superb taste my friend. Carrot cake is the best cake.

Looks more like a Smith Island cake to me...

I propose pumpkin-carrot cake.

I put black pepper and a slice or two of bacon chopped into bits in mine. The secret is to leave the fat from the bacon in the skillet and pour the batter in while it's still hot so the outside crust has a fried texture. Savory cornbread > Sweet.

Welcome to Veeky Forums

patrician's choice right here

>every birthday cake I've ever had has been yellow cake with chocolate icing

does anyone else know this feel?
I actually like this cake though even if it is poverty-tier. I also hate my birthday.

Ganache

lulz

What's this junk?

>thread about the """""""best"""""""" cake
>it's not basbousa

this thread is a fucking joke

especially fond of this

Step aside, plebs.

Tiramisu. Perhaps my favorite cake ..when done right,

I thought it was jelly at the bottom for a second.

i'd kill for that right now

deeply
deeply underrated

That one doesn't look like it was done right

>cornbread

>Live in Canada
>Want to make cornbread because I always see it in movies and shit
>Find a recipe that is literally bread with corn flour
>Tastes like ass bread
>Find a different one that is corn bread, but turns out more like a cake and nothing like a loaf of bread
>Tastes like amazing

I can see where all the confusion comes from. Cornbread is an ambiguous term.

The only cake I'll ever make.

>opens thread
>no red velvet cake
This thread is a joke

This far in and no mention of boston cream pie or black forest cake? What kind of drugs are you people smoking?

teh cake iz a lie xD roflmao

>thought red velvet cake was some special type of cake
>literally just regular cake with food colouring

one piece of cake a day is more than enough

Excellent taste.

Red Velvet is a meme.

Red velvet is literally a waste of ingredients.

>eating the yellow cake

>best cake thread
>no esterházy
Come on

Unfortunately true today but it was originally supposed to be a buttermilk cake that is spiced with cocoa (so not really chocolate flavored but chocolate scented). Most places get it wrong by doing a white or chocolate cake that is colored with way too much food coloring to the point where you can taste it and it's disgusting.

Also no French Opera cake, or Hungarian Dobos Torte (Dobosh) which is the great-ancestor of modern cakes in the style of such as the Smith Island Cake of Maryland, Doberge cake of New Orleans LA, and the Little Layer Cake of the rural Southern United States.
youtube.com/watch?v=Qx9Gj1X3mAc