The future is here

indiegogo.com/projects/smalt-the-world-s-first-interactive-centerpiece-health#/

>bipan singh
the software will be shit

What a waste of materials, money and nature.

>One of the most basic human needs is the need for belongingness.

kek

How ironic. You seem to disagree with that statement, yet your silly "kekking" is exactly what you claim to disagree with.

the video really sold me on the smalt revolution

>choose the amount of salt you want right from your phone
The future is here

belongingness is a stupid made up word

How is that any different than kek?

These devices are going to be so insecure.

It's going to be no problem getting into your network via your fucking salt shaker.

Pepperfags btfo

I can't believe they fell for the shaker meme

All words are made up.

Stop resisting the internet of things, it is the future.

This idea actually isn't horrible. It seems to have access to all features without needing to connect to the internet, you don't need to buy special salt packages etc. It won't solve the problem it tries to solve and I have doubts that I will use the main function but if the speakers aren't too shabby you could actually think about buying it.

We are fucked as a species.

I hate it I hate it I hate it.

kek is slang. 'belongingness' was coined by some psychologists to reify their convoluted and poorly evidenced ideas. the word 'belonging' fits perfectly in its place and doesn't conjure up cringey new age discourses.

>cringey new age discourses
Like kek?
>discourses
Was this intentional?

>kek is slang

Yeah, which means it's:
1) made up
and
2) conjures up cringey juvenile shit

I don't see how that's any different than "belongingness"

>smart juice presser
>smart oven
>smart salt shaker

when will it all end?

life as an unprincipled contrarian must suck. i feel sorry for you

because it's slang.

you know what slang is and why it is different you argumentative prick.

shitposting is not 'new age discourse'. if you don't know what 'new age' means as a pejorative feel free to look it up.

i am merely protesting my right to laugh at the word 'belongingness'.

I thought the future was milk bags.

>Alexa please give me 40g of salt

>because it's slang.
True, but irrelevant. I don't give a shit if it's slang or not. Point is that it's made up and cringey. Just like "belongingness"

>you know what slang is
Yes.

>and why it is different
No, I honestly don't. Is it a made up word? Yes. Is it cringewrorthy? Yes. I don't see any functional distinction here.

Amazon's Alexa, the Google AI, and the surviving Tay warring for global domination over the planetary IoT node-skin with weaponized sex bots until one survives, consuming the other botnets and absorbing the entire earth as a global single-cell cyber-organism, with the remaining dark-skinned stone-age humanoids wandering over the dessicated techno-Gaia as if they were eyebrow mites.

>kek
>not cringey new age discourse

How long do I get to use the sex bots before they start obeying the will of the supreme overlord AI and kill me?

>Point is that it's made up and cringey.

i'm happy to accept that if you want to press it. but it isn't made up for the same purposes as 'belongingness' and that's the problem i identified.

>No, I honestly don't. Is it a made up word? Yes. Is it cringewrorthy? Yes. I don't see any functional distinction here.

yes you do. don't be dense.

I don't think the concept is that flawed.
A Bluetoothspeaker/Alexa terminal as well as salt shaker sounds great.

That display and the app are pure crap though.
Save the costs for all that and add pepper. one button each.

By that point the sex bots will have been reconfigured to serve buggy internet-connected dildos and washing machines and will look more like snibbety snab crabs.

SAY WE AREN'T IN A TECH BUBBLE, SAY WE AREN'T IN A TECH BUBBLE ONE MORE GODDAMN TIME.

>A Bluetoothspeaker/Alexa terminal as well as salt shaker sounds great.

It does? All I can think is that it's probably a mediorce speaker and a mediocre salt shaker at best.

I'd rather buy speakers that were designed for good sound rather than some silly kitchen gimmick. And I've never found myself wanting anything more than a plain 'ol bowl for salt.

As long as it doesn't have an IP address

what is the actual benefit of integrating the non salt shaker features with the salt shaker.

One less item on the table. But I don't need this shit either. Just saying people would buy that.

can anyone recommend a good set of steak knives? wifi enabled of course

who the fuck keeps a speaker on their dining table?

I don't know what's the range of these echo dots?

>plebbit spacing

Hello Reā‚«dit. Kek has been big on the net before Veeky Forums was even around

>but it isn't made up for the same purposes as 'belongingness'

I don't disagree, but I don't see how that's relevant. Both are made up cringey shit. Whether it was made up for a bunch of kids to use while playing video games or if it was made for some wierd marketing policy makes no difference.

>>yes you do. don't be dense.
No, honestly, I really don't. What could I possibly gain by lying to you about this?

This is a joke, right? Some parody from a movie someone cut out or some kind of viral marketing campaign for something?

This can't be real.

>it makes no difference

it makes a difference to the point i was making you bellend. i pointed out that belongingness was made up bullshit because it was being promoted as something else. i wasn't doing that when i said 'kek'. if i'd said 'the result of products like these is a subjective phenomenon referred to in the clinical community as 'kek'' you might have more of a point.

Sounds like you should have explained your point better the first time.

no, sounds like you were trying too hard to catch me out.

That's actually not a bad idea for big venues that need to track a lot of restrooms though.

Is this going to come with DRM salt packets like that juicer?

You sound like a real rotchgobbultit
That's a word I just made up, which means it's automatically slang, and its meaning should be just as apparent as kek or lol.

If you run out of toilet paper before somebody is in there to clean it, your bathrooms are going to be disgusting.

is this really a thing or is this just some elaborate prank? i can't imagine anybody buying this unless you are a retard.