Cook along

let's cook a tian provençal
I'll use this recipe for guidelines, but this is basically a ratatouille as far as I'm understanding this
let's start with preheating the oven to 180 deg C and slicing two tomatoes

Other urls found in this thread:

heneedsfood.com/2009/12/tian-provencal/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I had also minced garlic because this is a French recipe (I think) and they p much always use garlic

came out nice enough, now a couple zucchini, or maybe one since I have veeery long ones, like half a metro long ones

I've been lied to, this only barely resembles a zucchini
still, I press on

looks good enough

keeping at it

alright now let's arrange this shit

Keep going, OP. I'm watching. I've been looking for some tasty veggie dishes to make, lately.

yes I'm going on thanks for the concern
looking back, I should have cut the eggplant thinner

almost
mind you, this thing stays surprisingly together/cohese

k looks good, definitely should have made thinner slices out of the eggplant
now I'll be making another dish/plate/pot and after that I'll be back with a pesto recipe

Looks purdy. Are you using anything besides the garlic and olive oil?

by the way, I added 4 pinches of salt and a bit of pepper, some evoo and the small garlic cloves, then I'll probably have to add some goat cheese to make it salty enough, else I reckon it'll be a tad bland

the stuff in my post above post and some finely minced basil leaves on top

why ruin it with animal products ffs

That actually looks so fucking good. Cook it!

OP, where do you live and can I come over?

because that particular animal product would give it a fuller taste while adding saltiness, which I feel is lacking
that is just my humble opinion and you're encouraged to shut the fuck up and make your own better version since you can
both plates/dishes/things are in the oven
Northern Italy
yeah sure, just bring some decent wine, I lack that

anyway for the pesto
I hoped my mother would help me with her recipe, because she makes the best pesto I've ever tasted (I haven't tried a lot of different persons' pesto tho) and she basically said
>put enough basil, grana cheese and garlic
>yes but how much
>enough, come on
so I got a bit more than a handful of garlic leaves, then I'm going to put in half a handful of grana, a bit of pecorino(goat cheese) and two very small garlic cloves in the blender

here is my sexy oven in ventilation mode, first dish/plate/thing should be ready any minute now

fuck me I had forgotten to put oil in the pesto
well everything is fixed now, I'll update you when the first plate/dish/thing is ready

>why did you put any sauce under the veggies?
>I like to use a raw vegetable sauce if the veggies are decent enough.
>blend some bellpepper and tomato with salt, pepper, olive oil and anchovies and maybe garlic if you like it raw-ish, put it in a strainer above a bowl and wait half an hour, then use that under the veggies

>anchovies
sounds tasty, probably better than the goat cheese
anyway it's out of the oven
is it good? is it overcooked? I'll taste this in a moment, and BTW I'm serving this with pesto, baguettes, maybe mayo and probably gonna put some ham if somebody feels it's a good pairing

>pesto
mmmm
>baguettes
delicious
>mayo
...what?

something about your shitty pictures and shitty lighting makes you seem like a poorfag

Yeah I mean it's still a French, mayo sounds appropriate
I ended up not using it tho
my phone's camera has some problems, previous owner made it fall in a toilet and that's the result
regardless of that, sadly I am poor...

Looks tasty, OP. How is it?

I don't care how poor you are, if I lived close enough, I would bring a barrel of my finest sacramental wine and bless your home and oven until we get fershnikit.

the thought is very much appreciated
the dish was a bit light, we ate both dishes/plates/things, the pesto was absolutely necessary because by itself the vegetables were, as expected, not quite salty enough, it was a good combination
some mozzarella cheese also was brought on the table and gladly paired with the vegetables

until next time, somebody do some of this stuff, that amount of mcchicken and meme threads compared to cook along is too high

been a pleasure yall, be seeing you

good thread

How long did you keep it in the oven, OP?

wow neat, good job. I've never actually had ratatouille maybe I can make it doesn't look too hard

looks decent

is it like confit blyat from ratatouille?

first tray(I decided to look it up) for about 55min, second one 45 to 50min, and 50min was better, main difference was that the eggplant skin wasn't as hard/burnt
this isn't exactly ratatouille in that it lacks peppers and stuff is arranged differently, so a ratatouille will probably come out a bit less dry and with a more complex flavor, if you will
arranging the slices like this was actually a lot easier than I expected tho, so you can probably make a ratatouille fairly easily as well
I'm sorry, I don't know enough memes to interpret your question
this is nothing like a confit, if that was it

oh fuck I haven't linked the recipe I was using for guidelines, sorry, here it is
heneedsfood.com/2009/12/tian-provencal/

Good thread OP. Have a bump. I told my family about this recipe and they are interested

Thanks, OP...and nicely done.