I love cast iron

Is there a single thing cast irons can't do? I have yet to think of any food or dish you can't use them for.

toast

>Is there a single thing cast irons can't do?
Stay cold enough in the handle for me to handle.

Care for themselves like a coated sautee pan

I had brain aneurism trying to understand this.

Most things really, they're shit for anything but searing

non-contact toast

It would take 10 minutes to heat the skillet enough to toast the bread and then another 20 minutes to cool it enough to store. Sounds pretty complicated to me.

>Turn on stove
>Slap bread on pan
>Wait
Wow, very complicated

PAN ON THE STOVE
TURN ON THE HEAT
GET IT NICE AND HOT
ADD A LITTLE OLIVE OIL
SWIRL IT AROUND TILL IT SHIMMERS
SLICE SOME NICE ROBUST CRUSTY BREAD
LAY FLAT SIDE DOWN IN THE PAN
LET BREAD COOK IN PAN, SHAKING OCCASIONALLY TO PREVENT BURNING
FLIP
BROWN THE OTHER SIDE
POP OUT ONTO THE PLATE
KNOB OF BUTTER
TOASTED TOAST IN AN IRON SKILLET WITH BUTTER: DONE

I wouldn't piss on cast iron if it was on fire. In fact, it would probably strip the curing if you did. Cast iron is garbage. You should use literally any other pan.

>using a nonstik pan over a camp fire

Cook acidic foods.

Get some enameled shit you broke bitch.

>>not using copper with wood handles

>push lever
>receive toast

nigga thats what my cast iron toaster is for

Anything acidic, like long, slowly simmered tomato or wine sauces.

Pretty straight forward sentence. You retarded or something? No offense.

This.

Act

>Storing your cast iron
It hardly ever leaves my stovetop

My point exactly. I can't spend half an hour to toast two pieces of toast

This. Cast iron is meme-tier bullshit.

Why would you need to?

10 minutes to heat up is a nonsensical exaggeration. And why do you need to put it away when you're done? Just leave it there. That where you're going to need it for cooking your next meal anyway.

If you are turboperged about putting all you stuff away then you can just rinse it under the tap and it will be cool within a few seconds.

No one said it would be quick or even efficient. Someone said toast is something you cannot make with a cast iron skillet and that's simply not true. Stop moving the goal posts.

If you are making breakfast and the pan is already hot from making a hash, bacon, eggs, or whatever then tossing on some buttered bread to toast is no problem.

How the fuck am I supposed to develop a good surface on this stuff?

It's not moving the goal post to say that people don't have time to use cast iron to do something. Its just a fact that some people can't use cast iron to do that task, because they don't live in 1875 and they don't have all day to spend in the kitchen waiting for their husbands and kids to come home from the iron smelting factory.

Cant do dishwashers and hence useless.

You can stick cast iron in the dishwasher, you just have to spend the next 6 hours removing rust and re-seasoning the pan. Quit moving the goal posts.

I'm not that blown away by them. You can do a lot with them probably, but there's usually a better choice.

I can't stop laughing

Is this autism or bait?

It's a joke, rainman.

_ ____ __ ____ ___ ______