en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling-point_elevation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

boil kettle first, then pour it in a hot pan
(do americucks have kettles?

Watch it

Just use a straw.

Literally zero waiting.

>The fastest way to boil water is to boil water

What the fuck were you expecting lad, someone to give you Superman's phone number so he can come and laser eye it for you?

Electric kettle on British power outlet: ~1min

Electric kettle on American power outlet: ~4min
"Turbo Boil" stovetop: ~4min

Stovetop: ~11min

Get an electric kettle. Takes less than a minute, unless you live in Denver or some other high altitude area.

Your times make no sense. An American electric kettle is slightly more than half the power of a British one. Therefore it should be roughly double the time, not 4x.

It's also kind of stupid to give times without specifying volume.

Regardless, the Japs have everyone beat. See

My sides.

please view

I did. It's obviously incorrect as explained.

Get a boiling water rap.

Those still take time to boil ya dingus, and Jap outlets have even less power than American outlets.
They're not faster to boil, they just keep water hot all day.

If you'd like to boil by all four methods and compare times with me go ahead, but I can only tell you my own personal experiences.

>2017
>he doesn't have a nuclear reactor to boil water with

*tap desu

>Those still take time to boil ya dingus, and Jap outlets have even less power than American outlets.
>They're not faster to boil, they just keep water hot all day.

They keep the water just two degrees less than boiling. Thus it takes only a couple seconds to get it to a full boil. Therefore, if you were in a hurry to get boiling water there is literally nothing faster, except which is the same damn thing, just located under your sink instead of on the countertop.

>> but I can only tell you my own personal experiences.
I can tell from simple mathematics that there is something wrong with the data you're reporting. There's something missing--either you're comparing different volumes, your timing is inaccurate, or there's some other source of error. It's easy to compare US vs UK electric kettles on Amazon and see the difference in power. That doesn't match your results, therefore you must have some other inconsistency present.

>Your times make no sense. An American electric kettle is slightly more than half the power of a British one. Therefore it should be roughly double the time, not 4x.

according to what fucking rule you illiterate mong

>either you're comparing different volumes
Same volume every time. Enough water for three or four cuppas.

>your timing is inaccurate
Timing was not exact, hence the tilde, but those are the averages.

You looking at amazon doesn't retroactively alter my experiences.

Reduce the air pressure in your home to near vacuum levels.

>according to what fucking rule you illiterate mong

It's pretty simple, really. In the UK the standard household outlet is 240 volt. In the USA it's 120 volt. Both with a 20 amp breaker.

Since power = volts x amps you can get twice the power from a British circuit before tripping the breaker compared to an American one.

You can easily confirm this by looking at specs of electric kettles online. The USA models are rarely over 2000 watts. The 240 volt models are usually over 3000 watts.

I own and operate a small family business that I needn't describe. Because of this, however, I have an extremely large vacuum pump located a mere 50 metres from my kitchen. I have a void tank connected to the kitchen with fittings to a slightly modified pot lid, and can boil a large pot of water in half a minute or less. I have never actually done this in the kitchen though, as that is retarded.

>Same volume every time. Enough water for three or four cuppas.

So what was it? "Three or four" doesn't give me much confidence in your precision.

>> but those are the averages.
What was your standard deviation?

>>You looking at amazon doesn't retroactively alter my experiences.
Correct. But it does cast doubt on the accuracy of what you are reporting. So do many other factors, like you not specifying what make/model of kettle you compared, and you assuming that all stovetops cook the same.

You're reporting either utter bullshit at worst, or really sloppy "science" at best. Neither is trustworthy.

that wasn't the part of the calculation i was disputing.

Well, if the American kettle has roughly half the power of the UK one then it should take roughly twice as long to achieve the same heating.

Of course whether it's exactly half the power or a little more/less than half would depend on precisely what brand and model we're comparing.

>Well, if the American kettle has roughly half the power of the UK one then it should take roughly twice as long to achieve the same heating.

according to what rule

I went to my uncles house when I was five years old. He had a whole separate sink in his giant kitchen for the bwt, because I was a retarded kid and didn't know what it was I thought it was a normal sink and turned it on burned myself, tried to "adjust the temperature" and burned myself at least two more times.

> like you not specifying what make/model of kettle you compared
Why would I specify? the times are averaged out from dozens of kettles.
What kind of sperg knows the model name of an individual kettle, nevermind dozens across the globe?

I see a whole lot of autism and not one bit of counterpoint.
Boil your own kettle and get back to me on your times if you care so much, in the meantime I will continue to offer practical advice from personal experience.

Basic physics user. Water boils when you put enough energy into it to raise its temperature to the boiling point. If you are inputting that energy at half the rate it takes twice as long to reach the same total.

can't believe no one said it yet
if you are boiling in a pot on the stove, use a lid
that will keep a lot of heat from escaping, faster boiling
pretty much the only way to speed it up on the stove top

>or use a bunch of souffle torches and hit torch the pot while heating your water

Ohms Law and Power Law, user.
You should do some research.

Bunch of retards in this thread

Just pre-boil a couple of gallons of water at the beginning of the week and freeze it.

Heat the water in a really powerful 3000W electric kettle or heat it on an induction stove. If that is still too slow stick in an additional immersion heater.

Are there really people who boil water without the lid?!

Just boil a few gallons at the start of the week then save it for later

>can't believe no one said it yet

no one said it yet because its so obvious it doesn't need to be repeated.

I bet half the neets in this thread dont even have lids for their shitty flea market second-hand pawn shop pots.

Half this board is 'wife cooking' and the other half is fatty-eating-habit shaming.
How many do you think know how to cook efficiently around here?

Might as well just buy pre-boiled water.

The rule of simple maths, you mong: if the energy required to bring the water to a boil is Q = PT, where P = power and T = time, P and T are inversely proportional if Q is constant (for the same mass of water, that is).

Sure, but what if American houses had a higher ambient temperature, or British houses were pressurized at twice the pressure of an American house?

both notions are absurd, at least to any agree which would matter.

You're a fucking idiot. Your high school physics equation does not take ambient air temperature into account as has pointed out. Moreover, you also need to account for elevation. It's obvious that you have never done any real world tasks outside of your physics book and TI-84.

it's simple to the point of being simplistic.

pre-boiled from the store will never be as good as home-boiled.

Ambient air temperature, and elevation, affect the results so little that it doesn't matter. Remember, the original claim was "roughly".

kek

>both notions are absurd

Are they though? A house with shitty single glazing in Scarborough in the dead of winter could be as cold as 40C ambient. That's actually a huge difference, and would very much affect the result.

That's still negligible. The reason is that the act of boiling the water requires far far more energy than simply heating it up.

Let's say we're dealing with 1 liter of water. First we have to get it to 100C (4.2 J/g), then we have to boil it (2257 J/g)

So, in Scarbourough we have to raise the water temp 90 degrees: 90 x 4.2 x 1000 = 378 kJ. Then we have to boil it. That's another 2257 x 1000 = 2,257 kJ. Total we have 2635 kJ.

In Florida we're only heating by 60 degrees. So
60 x 4.2 x 1000 = 252 kJ. Boiling is the same at 2257 kJ. So total in Florida is 2509 kJ.

the difference between those is roughly 5%.

>affect the results so little that it doesn't matter.
WEW LAD
You cannot honestly believe that. Say we run an OLS. Guess what? They contribute significantly, and throwing them into epsilon term results in losing information that can be used to best account for differences.

>the difference between those is roughly 5%.
which is statistically significant!

youtu.be/dDLw1Rx_cAI

I forgot the pic for

get a gas stove, faggot

>which is statistically significant!

No son, it's not. It's negligible. And it sure as hell doesn't explain the massive difference in performance the other user "reported"--especially given that those results showed the opposite of this example.

>When Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums collide

>negligible
I don't think you understand the meaning of that word! If it was negligible then you could account for it all in the epsilon term. Moreover, you basic stats education is showing as you have not disputed my sufficiency claim. Run OLS within parameters while not extrapolating and you will see that you're wrong. Bayesian fags with any prior are welcome too.

LOL why did the bro attack her like that? Any backstory?

Really obnoxious, manly trans picking fights with people and expecting nothing to happen because he's a "girl".

>What's the fastest way to boil water?
Place in a vacuum chamber

Water boils cold in vacuum.

Yes and water is also wet

>Water boils cold in vacuum.

This sentence is a great example of something that is technically correct on the surface but actually meaningless when you think about it.

Well then, try boiling water in vacuum and then brew tee in it. Personally, I prefer brewing tee in hot water.

Tea* Forgive me, English is not my mother tongue.

Why would it be meaningless? Yes, water boils quicker at lower pressure, but that is just because the temperature it boils at has been lowered. Cooking eggs on top of the Mount Everest would take a shitload of time, water doesn't get hotter than 70°C there.

Start out with nearly boiling water..

>This entire fucking thread

30 000 btu propane stove

I want that.

Boil water then freeze it for later, when you need some boiling water just toss the cube in a sizzling hot pan.

>buy pre-boiled water fresh from the water farms (organic)
>it's tepid by the time I get home

What the hell guys

Cover the top

We already know about your mother tongue heh

>he doesn't know about cold brew

>Well then, try boiling water in vacuum and then brew tee in it.

How hot can I make the tea leaves?

oh neat, Washington starting 2 hrs early today.
Finally some tennis without dozing off after set 1.

High temperature, highly conductive container, lots of surface area, under a vacuum.

Light it on fire you dingus

this desu

Adding salt lowers the boiling point. If cooking pasta add salt.

Standard British circuits are 13A. Standard US circuits are 15A (most places are 125V as well). Standard high power kettles in the UK and US are 3000W and 1800W respectively as the maximum draw for each circuit is 3120W and 1875W.

>2017
>Still uses nuclear power

>Adding salt lowers the boiling point
That's literally the opposite of true
Go take a chemistry class

It *is* true that adding salt to water will make it boil faster, but the time difference is minimal. Like, you'll only be shaving seconds off the boiling time. However, if you want to min/max your water boiling time... I can't believe I just typed that out...

>Boiling-point elevation describes the phenomenon that the boiling point of a liquid (a solvent) will be higher when another compound is added, meaning that a solution has a higher boiling point than a pure solvent. This happens whenever a non-volatile solute, such as a salt, is added to a pure solvent, such as water
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling-point_elevation
It *literally* does not lower the boiling point

I was mistaken, and I misinterpreted the info I initially found. What I read was based off of a brine mixture. It seems that brine will get hotter faster, *but* the boiling point will rise. It basically means as you said: it will take more time to boil. Thank you for correcting me on this.

If you wanna know something crazy its that hot water freezes faster in a freezer than tap cool

a nuclear bomb will boil it really fast

Boil a big batch on Sunday, freeze it, and then use it all week

Have a liberal stick their hand into the pot, and then whisper into their ear, "PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump."

I boil all my water on Sunday and then freeze it so I can get boiling water a lot faster later in the week

Put hot rocks/metal objects inside it desu.

>He doesn't live RIGHT by a water farm
It's like you don't even like boiled water

kek

Add a bit of salt. It lowers the water's boiling temperature.

>It lowers the water's boiling temperature
Which means that your stuff just takes longer to cook than it would at a higher temperature. This is just as stupid as the vacuum fags.

>2017
Americans still can't into kettles