Why does this not taste like watermelon?

or lime? all i taste is normal beer. this may as well be flat tire. don't get me wrong; it's still good and worth drinking. love new belgium. but there is no watermelon taste at all.

fat tire omfg lol

>fat tire
That is so rude wtf. You're obviously thinking of mean names to call me.

Dunno haven't tried it, their citradelic has a bit of orange taste to it. I think trippel is their best. Not too impressed with anything else (tho it's all drinkable)

This tasted exactly like watermelon, not a thing like beer.

It was a limited run, though. I don't know if you can buy any now.

I had this before. My gf bought it thinking it would be like one of her regular sweet, fruity cocktails. Her assumption was incorrect. It tastes like... jesus I have no fucking idea. You really just have to try it yourself to understand because it defies explanation.

no it literally just tastes like fat tire. stores should still be selling it all over; someone go out and buy it to confirm!

New Belgium sucks (their Lips of Faith is pretty good though)

21st ammendment has a good watermelon wheat

I like most things New Belgium ever made, but the watermelon was stupid and the lime citradelic wasnt very good either. Ranger, Trippel, Fat Tire, Voodoo Ranger, Lips of Faith and all the seasonal big bottle high gravs are all at least decent

WE GET IT YOU VAPE

I hope you kill yourself.

because youre a faggot who bought watermelon lime ale

because they likely added the watermelon during the first fermentation.

Light flavors like fruit added during the first ferment doesn't add ANY sweetness, very little flavor, and no scent to any brewed beverage, because the yeast devours any and all sugars and the CO2 from the fermentation pushes out any scents and light flavors as it diffuses.

If you add fruit, add it AFTER the first racking, where the yeast won't eat nearly as much and there will be far less co2.

>see that cat?
>see the cradle?
good taste user. maybe not with the beer though

New Belgium are noobs. Their raspberry brew is the same way. Slight scent of raspberry and that's about it

>user
Are you blind? It's a nice book, though.

Their coconut curry hefe was so fuckong good. Goddamn lips of faith. I wish they continued it.

>are you blind?
Maybe? Did I miss something? Sorry... I just really like cooking and vonnegut.

>New Belgium
>beer

Pick one

>but there is no watermelon taste at all
I mean this in the nicest way possible: your taste buds are fucked. Someone handed this to me in a glass, and I asked them what was with the watermelon jolly rancher in the beer. It's extremely obvious in the flavor.

Whoever decided to make watermelon beer should be castrated. Along with the people who buy it.

As much as I hate to be a Leinenkugel shill, their watermelon shandy ain't half bad if you're genuinely, actually, for some goddamn reason looking for a watermelon beer

I loooove Trippel and Fat Tire, but I thought Voodoo Ranger DIPA was pretty bad. Is the regular Voodoo Ranger any better?