Good Tamales are God-Tier food of Kings

Good Tamales are God-Tier food of Kings.

>god tier
pork
beef
>ok tier
chicken
>shit tier
bean
corn
rice

>mom makes tamales with only grain and cheese
>fucking disgusting

No argument from me.

The first time I had a tamale I was 23 and I didnt know they were wrapped in a corn husk, so I just bit right into it and everybody laughed at me.
:(

>>mom makes tamales with only grain and cheese

Grain? Fucking masa (corn flour) is an absolute requirement. Stupid ass ATK using damn grits instead of masa, have no idea why. I guess for the audience that does not have Masaca within driving distance, but fucking Amazon will ship that shit.

I like ATK, but their Mexican cookbook is garbage.

That's funny.

Last time I tried to buy a bunch of these at this takeout place by my house, they only had "cheese/jalepeno" tomales left. No pork, beef or chicken. Fuck that shit. Almost asked for my money back

Those are still good, but yea. That's strange they didn't have any pork left. Those are the main ones.

>corn filling in tamale
a tamale flavored tamale?

>tfw worked with bunch of illegal spics and they would invite me over to their place (employer had trailers for them on the property) and got to eat delicious tamales

I still reported them to INS because they had to go back.

Thats uh grits in a cornleaf at that point. Not that you couldn't do some Southern meets Mexican shrimp filled grit tamales with some kinda sauce but... eh

You did the right thing.

>tfw parents are mexican/peruvian immigrants(legal) but are fully integrated in american culture
Tamales made with leftover turkey from thanksgiving dinner are GOAT.
I enjoy them much more than beef or pork tamales.

>but are fully integrated

Lol no, you're going back Paco

Tamales are literally peasant food, pleb.

The only good tamale is a dead tamale.

b-but we're all citizens in this household user
fucking DROMP IS LITERALLY HITLER

This.

Tamales are a retarded meme food.

Why the fuck would you choose to eat a burrito made of steamed cornmeal paste, when you could easily get a fucking tortilla instead?

That's like making a sandwich in between two dumplings because you don't feel like slicing some bread.

Tortilla's just grilled cornmeal paste, just as peasant tier.

Food of slaves. That's the reason it's so delicious. Embrace the soul food!

Yeah if you like human sacrifice at the top of a pyramid

There's a tamale place in my town that does a god tier blue corn and squash tamale

Mexican hotpockets?

most of the best cuisine from any country originated from the lower classes (Lobster, Menudo, BBQ, deep fried... anything, Creole cuisine)