Show us your cutting boards, Veeky Forums

Show us your cutting boards, Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

choppablock.com.au
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i have both of these

well that looks like a piece of shit that will fall apart in a couple of years.

lol learn wood working faggot

>he doesn't know about end-grain boards

Do you just buy shit without researching? How do you not know what an edge-grain board is? Why are you even on Veeky Forums?

*end grain boards

bought this big ol bitch

i wish i had my own home, that way i could make a little island thingie out of a giant piece of wood and use that

Mine is straight custom, but I turned this desk into a cutting board.

I'll take a shitty cell pic.

I use a solid diamond slab for cutting my foods. The hardness of the board resonates with the hardness of my knives keeping them perfectly sharp at all times.

from a month ago when I just got them as a graduation present. parents were family friends with a guy who owns a woodshop maybe an hour away and they had them custom made. been using em pretty often since I got them seasoned and it's so nice to look at even just for presentation

>Nigga gets a chopping board as a graduation present

Fucking Kek

What's the problem? I wish I got a kickass custom cutting board too

Which one?

Those are very nice. I got a really big acacia endgrain cutting board two years ago or so, a generously sized board makes prepping so much easier.

Were you drunk when you posted that? He gave no indication of not knowing what an end grain board was. It's held together with glue and they do fall apart if they are a low quality board or, as he put it, a "piece of shit". It will usually happen after a period of time or, as he put it, "a couple of years"

I can tell he's probably right because it doesn't say John Boos on the side

I got shoes. Not everyone gets a Mini Cooper and a "starter apartment" in Park Slope, rich boy

Do you use them them for preparing different things? I worked at pizza hut for a while and we were supposed to use different chopping boards and pizza rings (rings to guide where the sauce went) for vegetarian/halal customers but it didn't really happen because it's fucking stupid.

Like and subscribe if you like this blogpost

Guess how I know you've never worked with your hands before

Not a rich boy faggot but shoes or a chopping board as a graduation present is pretty low.

You think you're not rich because your starter apartment was only a studio in Park Slope and not a penthouse in TriBeCa.

The only people who compared graduation presents with each other at my school were the rich assholes like you.

I hung out with the financial aid kids. I got shoes. My best friend didn't get anything - his parents could barely afford to travel to the graduation ceremony.

Keep on being rich, it makes you a better person.

nah me mum has a bit of a redundancy problem. almost as if she genuinely believes that the cutting board nook isn't properly stocked unless there is no more room for another cutting-board.

There is no fucking element L, jesus christ almighty

Back to

Doesn't that slide around on the granite counter top, or did you put rubber on the feet or something?

Took the feet off, they just screw in.

>guaranteed_replies.jpg

I got a bottle of Wild Turkey.

Check your privilege.

I got to eat a big ass Beef Pho bowl at this Vietnamese restaurant. Was pretty rad.

If you insist

Got a lot of city miles on these

top comfy, user, i like it. but what's that shit under the table?

Jesus christ, use some chlorox on that fucking thing. Or throw it away and buy a new one. Fuck.

It shows. Do you actually use them according to their colour code?

It's just a tote bag for grocery shopping. The drawers all contain spices, oils, vinegar and tools, etc. I'll post a pic, give me a moment.

The left side is treated Zebra Wood, the right is treated Cherry, for meats (it's already red so blood doesn't stain). I put it on casters so it can move it around and it gives me easy access to ingredients. Also the cutting woods completely come off, so I can move it around if I want. All in all I'm pretty happy with it.

This is a really neat idea, user. Thanks for sharing.

>This is a really neat idea
Maybe for someone who is 4'10'' feet tall. For anybody else a normal desk would be way, way too low.

It's almost counter top height...off by like 1.5 inches. But you're right, I should probably use bigger casters to raise it up a bit. Wouldn't be a big deal, just yank the drawers out and flip it over and swap 'em.

I'm 5'11.

That's how I did it when I put it together. I mean look at those little adorable wheels.

How do you disinfect wood cutting boards after cutting raw meat?

I made this from a tree I found in my backyard

Cost me 4 cents worth of mixed gas and 20 minutes of my time surfacing it.

There's a crack in the center so i only cut veggies on it.

Beautiful, I'd pay you for one.

Pretty neat. Usually those solid discs develop cracks, because the outside dries and shrinks faster than the center. Did you dry it in a microwave?

No, i seasoned the log for a time in my wood shed. Most of it went into another project.

I'll see how it develops over the years

Stop getting so mad, just stop being poor lol

I stopped being poor a long time ago. I'm probably worth more than your parents

why would you make this post? even if you could prove it, literally nobody here cares. you're on an anonymous imageboard, nobody knows who you are. stop being a vain little shit.

You cared enough to reply.

Lol one guy says he got a cutting board as a graduation present and this turns into a rich v poor dick measuring thread. Nice

You're both fucking 12

Whoa page 8? That cant be right.

SHOW IT

It looks pretty much exactly like this one. My kitchen isn't as nice though.

both refers to two, not four, dipshit

Does it like snap under the counter top?

There is too much shame in showing the cutting board here. It's been around, seen too too much action.

SHOW IT

No, it slides into a slot under the counter top and above the drawer.

>That's right, goys! Better make sure you buy (((John Boos))) cutting boards only! Other cutting boards just don't hold up!

Wow samefagging to look like someone agrees with you, sad!

How do you wash it? Does it come all the way out?

I've had 2 properly-maintained Boos boards crack on me. I have a large end-grain board from Crate and Barrel (cost less than the Boos equivalent) that has been great, lasted longer than Boos and shows no sign of failing.

I'm jealous as fuck.

>10 cutting boards
>all pieces of shit
Reminds me of how Ja/ck/ has that wall full of a million knives behind him, all of which are retarded gimmicky shit.

L is lead, jackass.

I believe the symbol for lead is Peanut Butter. I could be wrong.

I just use the kitchen counter

choppablock.com.au

Anyone bought from this place before? They have some real nice sizes and great designs/wood choice.

You aren't wrong.

Yeah that's mine.

It's a small piece of shit but it's easy to wash and was the cheapest board in the store.

Unfortunately I let my roommates use it and wasn't very zealous about oiling it frequently, so it's kinda gone to shit. Received it as a gift from someone I know who works in a woodworking shop (they mostly make furniture, cabinetry, etc.) Hopefully I can make it look a little nicer by sanding it down a bit and smoothing it out.

Also, how do people get good lighting for their pics? I swear every time I take a picture it makes things look even shittier.

Not really no though I suppose with the assortment I could probably manage it if I felt so inclined.

HDR

My phone has HDR.

chopping shit on that board?

They sell kitchen carts that are basically the same thing but with wheels

Yes, it comes all the way out. I normally wash it with hot water and soap. Rinse it, then pour boiling water over it. If I'm feeling extra fancy, I have plastic cutting mats I can lay over it if I want to cut chicken/meat/hot peppers/whatever and not wash it right after.

Use to have something that looked similar to this pic. Heavy and expensive, but they're so nice to have. Wish I still had it around.

2"x 16" x 20.5" Birdseye maple with Honduras rosewood center line, hand planed, homemade.

my ex's father, a casual-for-fun woodworker, made me this about 10 years ago. he died about two years ago, so it has sentimental value. my ex can still go fuck himself, though.

>himself
Who allowed fucking faggots on my Veeky Forums?

>implying Veeky Forums isn't bare minimum 50% women

>implying it is

no wonder this board is such a whiny bitch fest.

y'all i really don't care. this is a food and cooking based sub-board on a weeb anime board. if you think women don't regularly participate on this board, you're delusional. but it doesn't matter and again: i don't actually give a shit.

You, apparently. Anyone triggered by the mere possibility of gays or women on a mongolian moving pictogram board is a fag of the highest order.

I just use the kitchen table

Seriously? I got a new car as a graduation present. You got ripped the fuck off

they're beautiful, user. and congrats on graduating!

what's your knife user looks nice