Is there a better way to ruin a steak than cooking it well done?

is there a better way to ruin a steak than cooking it well done?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QCGKvGisptg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Moooooo!

Pissing and shitting on it

deep frying it

yeah but dude

youtube.com/watch?v=QCGKvGisptg

I'd eat the fuck out of this.

I've never truly understood why getting it welldone is bad. Like... is it just that it's drier or something? I don't really get it, then again I don't like steak that much regardless.

I need it.

yes it's dryer. and of course that's really fucking bad when you're spending so much money on one cut of meat. the way you worded your question makes you sound so baffled but I don't know why. are you really wealthy or something?

it also changes the flavor entirely when you overcook it. sometimes it's overly charred, so it tastes like, well, burnt. and it being dry means no juices or fat left in the steak, because it's all been rendered out, so you're left with just a tough piece of brown caveman meat with no flavor than just the salt that was put on it. also it just will not be as tender.

I don't know why you'd ask such a silly question. that being said, I don't really give a shit if someone likes their steak well-done unless I'm the one that paid for it, then it's kind of annoying. I would rather just buy you a chicken breast or something than shelling out 15 bucks on a thick cut strip steak, and then actively making it not good.

You've apparently never heard of well-well done.

is that a fucking chicken

At least you can't get food poisoning.

Doing what this guy did

Or worms

Yes, you let someone who thinks well done is ruining the steak, cook it. There are people who can put a well done steak on a plate just moments after passing past the medium well stage, it'll be juicey, flavorful, and NOT BURNED, those are the talented cooks. Then there are the fuckers who will destroy a steak because they're pissy about being asked to cook it to well done.

You think you're real fucking clever, OP? We all know this is just a thinly-veiled attack on the God-Emperor. Well, guess what? HE WON. That means well-done steak is the best, period.

>throw steak into cast iron
>put a pot lid on top
>let it boil in its own juice

Eating it raw like a subhuman.

Boiled in milk

Milksteak is good, ok!

Well-done steak is tough, chewy, dry and flavourless. And its basically the same no matter what cut you got. And that last part can be especially irritating because some steak can be damn expensive. So getting an expensive cut of meat and preparing it in a way that means you could have put discount meat on the plate and no one could tell the difference is particularly galling.

If you like, compare it to wine. Imagine you sat down at a restaurant, and the person sitting across from you ordered the best wine off the menu but requested they get it piping hot in a mug. That's what people who order well-done steak are doing.

While personally I like my steak super rare, i'd call it a matter of opinion how you like your steak if its anywhere from blue (you seared it slightly then threw it on the plate, with the inside still 'warm') to medium rare. But once you've gotten to well-done, you just ruined it.

And unlike most preferences, I don't think you could find one professional chef (within reason anyway, no pastry chefs) who would be okay with well-done steak.

It's just ruined. Might as well ask for your fettuccine alfredo with that shitty american processed cheese.

I don't even understand this post. I just keep re-reading it and it keeps making no more sense.

Who mentioned burning the steak? Who even can burn steaks? Burning steaks is fucking hard for anyone even vaguely familiar with how cooking works.

There aren't legions of people who don't know how to cook a well-done steak and who are accidentally burning it - that's fucking nuts. Everyone knows how to cook a well-done steak. The chefs that don't want to do it are the ones who give a shit about their art.

Why are you on this board? Why aren't you back on your home planet, because you sure as hell aren't making sense of this one.

Only if you don't know what you're doing. My steaks are just as juicy if not JUICIER than a med-rare someone else cooked.

Impossible. Pure bullshit. Cook one and show a cross section. No way in hell it will be as juicy or tender as rare or medium rare.

>The chefs that don't want to do it are the ones who give a shit about their art.
There is no art in cooking, it's assembly line skills with a thermometer and a timer. Chefs that tell you it's art, are trying to justify, to themselves, being a food mechanic.

You wouldn't be able to tell without eating it.

What you suggest is both logically and scientifically impossible.

By definition, there is less moisture in a well done steak than a medium rare one. Therefore, what you claim is simply impossible.

So, either you're a troll or a moron.

My bet is on the latter.

Dis nigga be cooking boxed mac n cheese and feels he a chef.

If you think cooking is assembly line skills with a thermometer and a timer, then you have no idea how to cook. Maybe you know how to follow a recipe but, you have no idea how to cook.

Also, you're a fuckin moron.

awww, someone got their jimmies rustled. How cute.

I wouldn't go as far as calling them food mechanics but the "artistic" part of it is from my experience a fuckin' sham. Their job, first and foremost, is the running of a business and being leaders. The majority of them can do neither of these things and try to hide it behind their "craft". Oh and their rampant shitty drug addictions and general bad behavior.

All typical methods for cooking steak are flawed. It may be impossible to cook without losing SOME juice, but with my method, I still retain more juice than someone cooking med-rare with typical methods. Enjoy before wrong.

I've been having steak well-done most of my life but have been trying to cook it medium-rare. Sometimes I'd succeed and sometimes I'd find a way to fuck up.

You could technically sous vide a steak to well done, and it would be impossible for it to lose any moisture.

>I have a super secret method that produces a juicy well done steak but I can't reveal it on an anonymous texas oil industry frakking board.

Kek

Yes.
By serving it rare.

Bready much. Was going to share it, but since everyone is being a dick, I'm keeping it with me and mine.

Black and blue, baby!

I want to swallow him.

And the steak afterwards.

no you couldn't, that's not how it works. are you under the impression that the pressure of the water keeps liquid from escaping the steak? that's not how it works.

it doesn't escape until you open the bag, then it's just drippings on the plate, just like a rare steak. I was speaking on a technicality, it can't escape the pouch, so no moisture is lost.

You're only supposed to fry those cheap cubed steak abominations

the steak itself would have lost its moisture.

boil it

Nice ass

Why has noone noticed that OPs pic is tuna?

get it well done with ketchup like trump

While I don't prefer it, you can cook a steak well done without completely drying it out like everyone seems to think. Just like you can also cook a chicken breast, pork chop, etc, thoroughly without drying it out.

Wat
Chicken fried steak is best

Ha
Thats gross

Cook it in nYquil.