Is Boars Head really better?

is Boars Head really better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/P7TIaltHyd0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warmed-over_flavor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sometimes yea, sometimes nah.
Their roast beef is better than the "publix" brand. However, the "Publix" ham is better.
t. Florida resident.

Better than what? school lunch meat? prison food? Sure I guess

Only plebs think it's some kind of premium luxury meat

Their bacon is garbage tier

Better than the cheapest off brand stuff, but hardly all that good. But the brand awareness at the deli counter is a thing. They push really hard to try get delis to carry their products exclusively. They rely on that exclusivity to build the brand's association with quality. Every place that carries only Boar's Head is free advertising at point of purchase, in addition to presenting the brand as an exclusive thing, which always boosts prestige.

>luxury meat
What does this even mean? Everything I've had from Boars Head is high quality

For you.

Not even memeing.

the advantage is that you are paying for consistency
when you get boars head shit at the grocery it'll taste the same as if you travel across the country and go to a deli

I just bought their extra thicc bacon today FUCK you pleb

How is their capicola?

it's pretty good gabagool, tony.

Their shit is overpriced and kinda watery. Better than the super cheap stuff, but you can usually find Thumann's or something for a buck or two less and that tastes better to me.

>For you.
>Not even memeing

Boars head is good quality stuff in general

Shitting on it is lame, ive had some great bites from places that get deliveries from "BH"

I really like the spicy coppa
there's a local place near me that makes godly coppa but it's more than twice as expensive so I settle for boars head

>is Boars Head really better

I don't know. I have to go searching for a place that sells any other brand

(It's nothing amazing.)

the low sodium roast beef tastes like how silly putty smells

if you must have expensive sliced red meat get their london broil

It's actually good, I don't mind getting it over Citterio or other imported gabagool.

not bad

Ex deli worker here. Ive tasted a lot of their stuff. Boars head is high quality meat but only marinally tastier for the much higher price. The main good thing with then is they dont add any filler to their meat so unlike most delimeat there isnt any seaweed in it. I do have to admit that their cheese sucks

everything this. the cheese does suck, and it's too expensive for meat that's not much better, especially when I just flat out don't like some of it.

I also don't like how they won't let store employees slice meat before customers get there. it makes no difference and I'm sure they appreciate being prepared before they get swamped on busy days, and boars head won't let them do that as a policy.

Three pepper cheese and cracked pepper turkey makes for one damn fine 'wich

its spelled GABAGOUL. with the capitals

I worked in a kroger deli for 3 years, short answer yes.

Long answer, they offer a good variety of flavors, all flavors have a consistent quality. It's expensive though, frequently $2-3/lb more than store brand. Flavors you can replicate with store brand usually were fine in the sandwich if you were adding veggies and sauces. I only got it if there was a specific flavor I wanted.

As an add on to that, they made the comfiest hats. I still have a few of theirs, they're lined with cushy soft material, unlike are our garbage kroger hats.

Will deli workers still shave meat for me? When I was little it was the only way I would eat it on sandwiches. Shaved so thin you could see through it and it wouldn't even lay in sheets/layers. Like so thin you could not separate them into slices it would just ball up and you would have to put clumps onto the bread instead of slices. I want to try that again to see why I liked it so much back then.

Nope. My brother in law works for a company and is in charge of the labs for testing their meats. It's the same as the publix brand, just a different name and priced different.

What's up Krogerbro? I was across from you, pushing those fucking carts of produce back and forth all goddamn day.

It's pricey as fuck but I love their buffalo chicken breast and smoked gouda cheese.

Some of the other stuff isn't as good as generic brand stuff but, at least where I live, they usually give out free samples so you can try out what you like and go from there.

Oh my God no one gives a fuck about publix

reviewbrah does.

youtu.be/P7TIaltHyd0

In Florida Publix is pretty much the only store that carries boars Head, that's why he mentioned it retard.

You're a retard, fuck your post apocalyptic shithole state

>Assumes I'm from Florida

You need to just stop posting, you can't get anything right.

Good, I fucking hate floridians, always talking about publix in every thread FUCK

Slave state retards think it's impressive though. It's like black people "casually" mentioning that they had some hennessy VS last night. Sort of a status symbol for them, I assume.

Publix is the worst grocery store chain in America

Even Winn-Dixie is better. And Winn-Dixie fucking sucks

It's better for poultry products. The cheaper chicken and turkey lunch meats will usually have the "warmed-over flavor" to them which makes them taste old, but Boar's Head won't. You're fine with the cheaper pork products and cheeses though, for some reason pork is less likely to get that flavor.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warmed-over_flavor

Back in the day krogerbro, First "Freshfare" Ralphs in Orange County, CA. Our deli was like the flagship Boars Head deli down thar. I can really say that they have a lot of weird shitty flavors. And their cheese is garbage. But! Their staples? Ovengold turkey especially...is a step above other meats. They, at least back then put forward a very extensive training program, That was like 12 years ago. Who knows how shit it is now? I don't work in food service...but I still enjoy ovengold turkey every week.

[citation needed]

Come to Florida.
Walk inside a publix.
For living in the "Australia of America", it's pretty comfy.
Not sure what you're so salty about though user, it's just a state.

This is just plain wrong.
Winn Dixie is the worst grocer I have ever been in. Even Albertson's was better.
I live near a Winn Dixie that's as dirty as a Dollar General.

Boars Head Buffalo chicken & oven roasted Turkey are the best available lunch meats available to white middle class excluding black market meats.

Apparently it's a lot healthier too. I don't know if it contains soy but from what I hear, it doesn't. I wish they'd advertise that

What even is Publix

I've never been in a Winn Dixie but Food Lion is the worst we have around here.

I really like it

I doubt Winn Dixie is as bad as a Piggly Wiggly. The 3 I've been in all smelled like mold and mildew combined with rancid meat.

Don't hate on the pigg bro. Their produce is usually close to (and past) expiring but otherwise they have solid deals

A grocery store chain notable for being somewhere between a poorman's grocery and a wealthy yuppie's grocery. They have a good deli and bakery, but they have employees whose entire jobs consist of bagging groceries and then taking them out to the parking lot for the person who bought them. They help you load it in your car even if you're perfectly capable of doing it yourself, then they hand you some coupons and go back to bag the next guy's groceries. Yes, they have to do this. It's really fucking weird and off-putting.

>They help you load it in your car
That's reason enough for me to avoid the place. How fucking weird.

All the Winn Dixies in my town got bought out by Kroger. I'm surprised there are any left.

Are Europeans really this autistic?

Its about as good as it gets for a chain deli

Nigger, I'm from Ohio. the fuck am I supposed to know about euros

That's because you live in a shit area