Georgia (country) is known from its' god tier cuisine culture

Georgia (country) is known from its' god tier cuisine culture.
Post Georgian cuisine, preferably with recipes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gvPntsxSxRY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The wine is pretty good, but Veeky Forums thinks it's "neckbeard shit" I guess because wine is for fags and wine that isn't cab sauv, chardonnay, or pinot grigio is tryhard

youtu.be/gvPntsxSxRY
CookingInRussia has a bunch of georgian recipes, want to try making this sauce
is georgian wine readily available in the us? I would like to try

It's available, albeit not everywhere, in the stores where I live, but I expect it's essentially unheard of in flyover land. You can barely get wine that isn't Constellation Brands. Probably via the internet anything is possible though.

Also there are some American growers making Georgian varietal wines, at least in the Finger Lakes area. Napafags need not apply.

>finger lakes area
damn I've been there a bunch of times and had no idea

pretty sure the total wine where I live now has some

It's kind of tough to find. I live in NYC and can get it, but I have to go to Georgian restaurants or make a trip to the remote parts of Brooklyn where there are Georgian immigrants. It's isn't an easy ask, even here.

I'm surprised you skipped Dr. Frank, that would have been my first stop if I did a wine tour of the finger lakes

Not sure you'll get anything that tastes like Pheasants Tears other than Pheasants Tears though

never did any wine tours there. family is from the area and vacationed there a bunch when I was younger. my parents went to wineries though. will definitely check out some wine if I ever go back.

>wine that isn't cab sauv, chardonnay, or pinot grigio is tryhard
that's your opinion
stop projecting

>projecting
remember when that word meant something?

Bump

I only know harcho and kachapuri, both of which are delicious as fuark m8

For me, it's ტყემალი

>Finger Lakes area
Nice. I also got some Georgian wine while I was in Japan.

Does Georgia have wines they specialize in or would just picking one and trying it be best?

I was invited for dinner with a local georgian family several times by now, but it never really blew my mind or anything. I remember somekind of ground beef-filled, steamed dumplings which were pretty bland but smothered in black pepper

yeah, being into obscure wine is pretty neckbeardy

>but I expect it's essentially unheard of in flyover land
you can get the same foreign wine in every state

i was ablet o get it in western, MA even

georgian tomato soup is good, khinkhali are good, katchipori is good

Ok, go head down to Billy Bob's Ye Olde Bottle Shoppe in Abeline, TX and try to scounge up a bottle of Chateau Musar or Pheasant's Tears Shavkapito

inb4 it's the same as Kim Crawford and Ravenswood so it doesn't matter that you failed

Not every backwater town will have good selections, but every moderately sized city will have at least a couple shops with a bunch of more obscure stuff

This is not true. What wines are imported is controlled on a state by state basis. My bro in PA can't get a lot of the wines I can in NY because the PA liquor board does not have as wide a selection of wines approved for sale there.

PA has super fucked up liquor laws, big government really fucking the citizens there, so I believe that

You're not speaking from experience. I've lived in moderate to large flyover cities and the wine selection even at the best stores is barely above mediocre. "Obscure" is relative. In a real bumfuck town probably Kim Crawford or Ravenswood is considered "obscure". In a larger town or small city maybe Faiveley or Marques de Riscal is "obscure". In a quite decent city by flyover standards, Minneapolis or Cleveland tier, perhaps something like JJ Prum or Whispering Angel could be found at some real hipster shops (although the Whispering Angel would be 3 years old and the Prum would be twice what it should cost). If you visit every store in town you MIGHT and I say MIGHT be able to get sherry that isn't some nasty ass Harveys type garbage in some of the better cities. Maybe Lustau or something common like that. Certainly nothing truly interesting.

But I would bet you $100 right now that you're not going to find Pheasants Tears or Musar outside of Chicago, and in Chicago, perhaps 1 or 2 stores if you're lucky.

Harrisburg is hardly big government, but yeah, the liquor laws in PA are unnecessarily complicated. NY isn't that much better, though.

>Harrisburg is hardly big government,
compared to the consumer, every state government is big government