Hey Veeky Forums is culinary school worth ? 3 semesters into uni I dropped out...

hey Veeky Forums is culinary school worth ? 3 semesters into uni I dropped out, and currently have no direction in my life. I've always been a decent home cook and people always say that I should consider it as a career. Any tips and suggestions on how to become one ?

Broth.

Its clearly a bevarage because i leave it at the bottom and drink it when im done with the cereal

Obviously a broth, since the ceral is floating in the milk.

Broth was my guess.

I'm with these guys. It's a broth.

Broth. Cereal with milk is a soup.

Milk and cereal is it's own category.

OP here, so I'm guessing none of you can answer my question about culinary school ?

Fuck off and let us figure this out. A woman's life is at stake.

Cereal's pretty much it's own thing imo. Like oatmeal or granola.

Classic blunder, OP.

Well it depends. What kind of cook do you want to be? Like 5 star restaurant or is a diner plenty for you? Be warned that the food industry is something that chews up and spits out 95% of the people who are in it long term

This is why you don't get involved in a land war in Asia.

it's neither broth or sauce mr johnson has been given a trick question.

If the opportunity presents for more difficult/rewarding or so positions I wouldn't back down. Just wanted to know where to start. The culinary schools i looked into required 2 years of experience in a professional environment . Which i cant get without going to culinary school first .

In culinary terms, it cannot be a broth yet, because a broth is the liquid into which you dissolve water soluble flavourants. By French tradition is has to contain meat, but I think this is somewhat relaxed now. Conventionally, the source of the flavourants is discarded after the broth is produced, so the fact that you eat the cereal is evidence against broth. Regardless, it is not currently a broth, and cannot be one until after the cereal is disposed of.

It would only constitute a beverage if it was intended to be served alongside food. A beverage is never served over the food, or even in the same container. One could decant the milk and separate it from the cereal, at which point it might be used as a beverage for a future meal (see Cow Wow).

A sauce is a preparation which is often used to add additional flavours to a dish, but is always necessarily used to add moisture. In all cases a sauce is an addition to an existing dish, which is originally prepared without it.

If I knew that the cereal would be discarded then the milk would be a broth. The milk is certainly not a beverage, as it is not served with a meal at the moment (consider that an infusion of tea-leaves is still just an ingredient if it is going to be used to marinate fish, even though it would be a beverage if it was put in a cup and served) I conclude that, without knowing the future disposition of the milk, it must be a sauce.

I moved up in a small time family diner from washing dishes to working cook with no experience. Most diner cooking is stuff that you can pick up with a little bit of common sense and by paying attention.

If you want to try and go that route, get a job washing dishes and be really really dependable. Most people in that position are flaky as fuck so owners end up replacing them like socks. Try and be as friendly and helpful with the cook bros as you can (if they're dicks they're dicks it's probably not on you). They'll probably be willing to show you what to do on the line if you show interest and initiative. Most line cooks start off dishwashing. If you want to get into culinary school and start being head chef or something working in that environment for a little is pretty much essential.

If that feels daunting, just remember that many cooks are straight uneducated immigrants who figured it out. No reason why you couldn't too

I will add to this, most bars that do food are under-staffed in the kitchen during the evening rush, so if the KP is willing and able to chop some fucking potatoes/onions/tomatoes then hoo-fucking-rah, you're a hero and the cooks can get on with the rest of it.

Also, KPs are the bottom of the ladder, and everyone above you on the ladder in a kitchen is 'chef', so the right thing to say to any instruction is 'yes chef', even to the most greasy-ass prep cook.

Thanks for the help man appreciate it . And since i dont live in the states im not sure if your advice will apply but ill give it a shot either way

Hard work, reliability, and dedication are internationally respected. You've got this friendo

>since i dont live in the states
Neither do I. This advice applies to the UK, Ireland, France and Spain, at the least.

But what if the cereal is shreddies? They sink in milk

I live in Mongolia bruv :c

Well, as long as you speak the local dialect you're probably golden.

I didn't even read your OP to be honest.