Has any one else tried making these? I just did and it's fucking horrendous...

Has any one else tried making these? I just did and it's fucking horrendous. Are my American taste buds too patriotic for Nippon food or am I just a shitty cook?

shut the fuck up

woah kinda hostile there buddy haha

Post pics of what you've made please.

Dango are flavorless for the most part. Its the sauce that makes the shit taste any good.

Probably both.

Has anyone tried making these? I just did and it's tottemo disgusting. Are my Japanese taste buds too honorable for Murrican food or am I just a warui cook?

I had them grilled in japan and they were pretty fucking good. also the sauce is really the only flavoring . the char from the grill is nice.

There they are. I guess the sauce was good by itself, but the dangos were basically Playdoh.

Too much sauce, but the texture looks a little funky.

Go on to Youtube and watch someone make this in a 5 minute video and give it another shot.

Serious suggestion.

did you just take one fucking bite?
wow

I've got enough ingredients around to try again, so I'll probably do that. I finished two of the sticks before calling it, and another one went to a friend. I'm not wasting anything; that rice flour was fucking expensive.

Put on red bean paste for sweet, reduced soy sauce with seaweed for savory.

Made them for a while back during my weeaboo phase. They're not that hard to fuck up but they dough is tasteless. Unless you put sugar in it. The sauce is what makes it but yeah they're definitely not as great as anime freaks make them seem.

Sheesh, what a madman. You need to talk to someone about your anger.

lol in what world is rice flower expensive?

that is part of the scene. That they are tasteless balls.
>the characters are plain janes

The world where your shitty town has nothing in stock and you're forced to use Amazon

what the heck. This is fucking madness

>being literally this flyover

How do you not even have an asian market

make pink ones with red bean paste and green ones with mochi

I could never get rice flour to cook in to a cake properly either. Just buy a dried pack instead. Boil for like 3 mins and it turns back perfect and gooey.

It looks a little flavorless. I'd recommend modifying your sauce and grilling the rest on both sides for color and a little crunch.

Looks like raw dough

No offense (lie), but these look really poorly made. It's like you mixed some mochiko with water, boiled it, then rolled it around a dirty pan for a while.

Even more flyover here
>30min drive for fucking chickpeas

You made it right. Mochi is just shitty.

south east Asians have horrible desserts/sweets shame really their drinks , starters , mains and general variety in cooking and spices make their meals top notch however their desserts are subparagraph with their hard on for black beans and shitty American chocolate.

Subpar*

sauce too watery, faggot

They are festival food. Its not something worth making at home

I fooking love dango, the sauce is what makes it.

You sauce is like water.... and char them more.
Red bean =/= sweet

Whomever posted this has got some major issues. What a madman.

>Red bean =/= sweet
?????????????

americans have a distorted sense of what's sweet and what's not from only eating HFCS

that's because they just eat more fruit

fpbp