Best Milk Alternative

Thought almond milk, but turns out they just pump a bunch of sugar into it to compensate.

Other urls found in this thread:

naturalhealth365.com/almond-milk-ingredients-1453.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You know that almond milk is trivially easy to make at home, and the precursor, almond meal, keeps for months at room temperature? Just make the stuff when you need it.

Get unsweetened almond milk. It's fucking fantastic.

>when you need it
Nobody ever needs almond milk.

Nobody needs any sort of liquid beyond water, but since people have been using almond milk since the 15th century, think you can probably go fuck yourself with a rusty potato peeler.

there is no alternative to milk. others should be called "juice" or "extract". however, try unsweetened chocolate almond milk, add some vanilla, stevia, malted milk powder. great flavor, then add ice and blend: chocolate milk shake, pretty low calorie. NOT healthier than milk, just different. there is no health food. all food in theory has calories. no calories=no health benefit.

calm down, kid

>there is no alternative to milk
>proceeds to offer an alternative to milk
chief

rekt
fuck off you got rekt

>almond milk is trivially easy to make at home
the only almonds i have right now are pic related

also, i dont have a blender

I like oat, hemp, or rice the best, nutmilks are good but not my favourite. Soy is nasty.

They always fortify them with calcium and the only reason i drink them is b/c i can't have calcium in the morning with my medicine, so i have to avoid all dairy products. So i just make my own oat milk. It's not bad at all.

Do any of these work correctly in place of adding milk to eggs when beating for scrambled eggs? And in other recipes?

Maybe I need to still get a small thing of milk for cookery.

No. The effect on eggs specifically relates to dairy protein.

Making your own almond milk is definitely the way to go. I add a few cashews as well for extra richness.

You would have to go to the store regardless though, right? You wanted the 'best milk alternative' and were disappointed with store-bought almond milk. Presumably after Veeky Forums gave you some alternatives you'd have to go buy them right? So buy some fine ground almond flour from a catering supplier; it shouldn't cost more than about $8/pound if you're buying a kilo bag. You just mix it with hot (just off boiling) water and agitate regularly, then strain and press. No blender required.

Of these, oat milk is probably the only one you can make at home

Any high-fat substitute (mostly the nut or whole-seed milks) will work reasonably well. you can also melt butter into water and use that for scrambled eggs, which is almost indistinguishable if you can make good scrambled eggs. The dairy proteins are negligible, it is the fats that are important.

sure, but i could have thai chili milk if you let me borrow your blender

I like unsweetened cashew milk the most.
I wouldn't buy cows milk at all anymore if puddings and custards didn't need the proteins in it in order to set.

Oat is quite good imo. I consume dairy, but sometimes I'll get oat just for kicks. Doesn't work quite as well in coffee though.

Panna Cotta is your friend here.

no you're my friend here

If you're wanting to avoid gelatin then the best alternative is going to be k-carrageenan. This forms a very solid gel on exposure to potassium ions, which cashew nuts have plenty of. ι-carrageenan gels on exposure to calcium ions, of which cashew nuts have fuck-all.

It's milk.

We call pastes of peanuts and nuts butter.

You can hand this too, I believe in you user.

Just stop consuming milk.

just stop

There is no such thing as "pus cells". Pus is composed of dead leucocytes and protein rich fluid. Also 135 million cells in a 12 ounce glass of liquid is basically nothing.

Cease your rationality and be horrified by the word pus, you filthy carnist!

>135 million cells in a 12 ounce glass

so... vegans are worried about eating 0.0000012% the weight of an average cow in dead cells?

>half a dick

no, not at all, and they never will.

Goat milk.

>not inventing the first sweet thai chili almond milk

its like you desperately want to fail financially

You need to activate your almond milk before drinking it.

Milk almond milk at home. Its easy and doesn't need sugar.

You can make almond milk at home by just putting some almond butter and water in a blender.

not sure if I'm being sarcastic or just retarded but I'm gonna say water

Flaxseed milk winds up tasting like whole milk but with the thinness of skim. So good.

>I drink almond milk because I don't want to harm any animals!
>150 some odd gallons of water to make a gallon of milk
>MORE THAN 900 FUCKING GALLONS OF WATER TO MAKE A SINGLE GALLON OF ALMOND MILK
>Absolutely horrible for the environment
>On top of that literally no nutritional value

This. I have converted to unsweetened vanilla Almond milk.

Almond milk holds no nutritional value.

Milk is healthy, bitch boy.

>appealing to the "yucky!" factor
Works every time

Well if you do decide to drink almond milk OP, it really is better to make your own instead of buying it since most almond milk in stores is basically just sugar water
naturalhealth365.com/almond-milk-ingredients-1453.html

tried that in my cereal, which led me to create this thread...

cereal + water = downthumb

OP here. Fuck the environment, and I'm eating a steak right now. So... thanks for a lesson in projecting, but

i dont know how to end that sentence
how bow dat

Why don't you want real milk?

never really liked milk much, and it never really made sense to me that it's something people drink. figured i'd give the other choices a shot.

I don't see how any of the things you said are relevant.

At all.

I'm just annoyed by the irony of people thinking almond milk is more wholesome and """earth conscious""" because almonds, in spite of the fact that it's the exact opposite.

Lay the land bare and empty the oceans for your colossal almond-megafarm for all I care.

>I don't see how any of the things you said are relevant.
This is THE single most intense example of irony I've ever witnessed.
Thank you user.