All my life I had only made meatballs with beef

All my life I had only made meatballs with beef.

Yesterday I used a half and half mix of beef and pork.

It was really good. What other meat goes into meatballs? Don't say veal because I won't eat that.

Other urls found in this thread:

marinebio.org/oceans/conservation/moyle/ch2/index.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Don't say veal because I won't eat that.

veal

Sausage is usually pork but it's seasoned, you can use that. You could also use fish. Don't really see chicken or turkey meatballs too often, probably because there's not as much scrap meat from birds as there would be from pigs/cows.

Why would you waste chicken on spaghetti when you could be making sweet and sour chicken balls?

Is fish something that you would have to make 100% of the ingredient?

I can't imagine mixing fish with beef would be good?

I occasionally make lamb meatballs with a bit of rosemary, they're pretty good

I usually use half beef half ground Italian sausage. Lamb is great too.

Exactly, meatballs were ways to use up the trimmings but there isn't that much from a chicken so you usually make something better.

I don't think I would mix it with beef. Chinese places usually mix ground pork and shrimp for wontons though which is basically a meatball wrapped in dough and it tastes pretty good.

Three kinds of meat in the meatballs. Veal, beef, and pork. You got to have pork. That's the flavor.

veal because I won't eat that

I usually use an even mix of lamb, pork and beef

How would a venison, bison, and turkey meatball taste? A Pre-Columbian meatball if you will.

Venison and bison is pretty dang lean and overcooks easily, makes for a dry-ass meatball or sausage

Hell, the turkey is just the same.

Those are going to be dry as hell without some fattier meat in there. I say ditch the turkey and replace it with pork. Turkey is very mild in flavor anyway so it's not contributing much to the mix.

I don't eat testicles.

Have you considered veal?

Shrimp

Don't use too many onions in the gravy either.

>the gravy

Go home and get your scriptbox.

like always: less is more.
stick with one meat; i do prefer beef over pork.
salt, paper, mustard(djon), tomato puree.

pork, turkey and paprika sausage.

Lamb/apricot/red onion with cilantro, cumin, coriander are wonderful.

1/3 lamb, 1/3 pork, 1/3 veal is bretty good

Ah, but pigs didn't inhabit North America until they came over with Europeans. What would be a good fatty meat from an animal native to the Americas?

Unless you can get a hold of fatty northern mammals like seal then you'd probably be better off making pemmican

>Ah, but pigs didn't inhabit North America until they came over with Europeans

Who cares? I'll still happily use pork. I'm not choosing to limit myself to native-american-only foods.

>>What would be a good fatty meat from an animal native to the Americas?
Waterfowl would be the most obvious choice. And there is also fat on a deer or bison carcass, just not as much as you would find on other animals. You could supplement lean meat by adding back in some fat from other parts of the carcass.

Good question. Most game is pretty damn lean and venison fat is unpalatable. The closest flavored native game to pork I've eaten was raccoon, but it wasn't very fatty either. I guess it would have to be bear meat after they've fattened up through the summer and fall.

Injuns ate a shitload of fish

>you are like baby, watch this
>50% grass fed beef
>25% store brand spicy Italian pork mince
>25% lamb mince
>cook on broil pan 400* stab with fork then turn over to cook other side
>broil on high to brown and crust both sides
>add to sauce nigger

No more shines, Billy

marinebio.org/oceans/conservation/moyle/ch2/index.aspx

Ground turkey meatballs are surprisingly good.