Quick question:

Quick question:

I'm about to order a knife and I can choose a 19 cm blade (7.5 inch) or a 22 cm blade (8.5 inches).

Does that make any difference? What would be best for a rookie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gRzQtagagi8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Assuming they are a similar shape (Chefs) I'd say you'd get more use out of the 22, and it's not going to be unwieldy.

It's a matter of personal preference and also your body size.

To me anything shorter than 10" (25 cm) feels like I'm holding a child's toy. But then again, I'm 6' 4" and I have big hands. Point is that it varies from person to person.

Yes it's a chefs knife - pic related is the 19cm, pic in OP was the 22.

Is the 22 better for the rocking motion perhaps?

Don't "order" a knife. Especially not a cook's knife. Get shitty Santoku and learn to sharpen it. It'll cost you 3 dollars and you'll know how to manage your blades forever. Bought knives are steel for people who don't know steel.

Do you assholes want to learn how to sharpen a knife, or do you want to buy a machine to sharpen your knife? Pick.

Machines are fine in this day and age.
No one needs to be fucking around with stones.
The end result is the same.

youtube.com/watch?v=gRzQtagagi8

Fucking, INDEED.

very "helpful"

what do you want? I'll find what your dumbass needs. What, honestly do you need? That was a sharpening schematic.

Read the OP.

Sorry, I forgot you're basically a human gibble sent here to just fucking suck at all times.

ouch, having a bad day there buddy?

If you want to own a knife and not fuck it with a machine you're gonna need it you fucking faggot

No, you all just sound fucking stupid. How do you address universal stupidity? Or do you just walk away like I'm about to do?

Are you fucking idiots fishing for recipes? I have recipes.

Hi user, I have that exact same knife from your pic (22cm). It is a nice knife but you should be aware that it is not a chef's knife, it is a slicer. That means the blade is so low that you most likely won't have enough knuckle clearance for properly working on the cutting board ( i know I don't have, but I'm 6'3'' with larger hands), maybe if you are a grill it low enough for you. Some people also don't mind working with just the blade on the board and the knuckles "outside" the board and enjoy having a narrower, more nimble blade with less stiction.

The two most retarded posts I have read on 4 chan today, right as a one-two punch. I'm impressed. Also, hey look, it's "luthier" dude again, calling everybody an asshole.

They're sooo retarded, aren't they. It's almost like you don't have a fucking thing to say so you declare retard and we can all go home. Do you do anything at all? Can you do anything at all? Or are you just a pissy bitch? Wanting to matter, but can't?

Just walk away

I made this post - something that actually contributed to the topic on hand and answered OP's question, you know. Unlike your post.

That's truly important work there, and you brought stiction back into normal dialogue too. I have to go check if my ass can stiction to the toilet.

I really don't mean to make fun of you, but you're not suited for anything else.

6" blade is the most useful IMHO

6'' is just a petty. A chef's knife that you acn actually work on the board with starts at 8''.

I know you guys love your cook blades, but after years of actually cooking an offset blade keeps you safe.

An actual cook's knife is only useful for pulling a bird apart or some form of deboning of an animal. It's the reason the chinese use cleavers, they just cut through the bone and say fuck it.

So get an 8 inch Santoku and keep your knifing hand safe and stop hammering it against your cutting board.

Where'd you go, honey? I though we were talking about retards.

You ghosting me, bro? Cmon..

>unnoticed quads