Anyone else here not interested in sweet and sugary food...

Anyone else here not interested in sweet and sugary food? Give me a second helping of a main dish before a pile of sugar and cream any day. I can't comprehend why people want to eat this stuff after a proper meal, as though it has to be done, or as though they wish they didn't want it but can't help themselves, or as a treat. What the fuck? Have another helping of something that isn't pure diabetes. You didn't enjoy it, or didn't have enough?

>being this bothered by what other people do

Do you have panic attacks when the waiter asks if you want dessert?

Do you have any friends not scared of visiting you?

I love sweetness, but I hate sugar. So I pour a mound of aspartame on anything I want to be sweet.

Do you have panic attacks when someone doesn't serve any dessert? Do you head home to eat a big bowl of ice cream?

I've never been a sugar person. By all means give me some ice cream and cake if its there but I don't have cravings or ever feel the need to have it

>What the fuck? Have another helping of something that isn't pure diabetes. You didn't enjoy it, or didn't have enough?
This is a really weird argument to make because it hinges on there being some inherent virtue in lack of variety.

So variety is the only reason for chugging a large soda after a meal, or a bunch of cake and chocolate and cream.

You again equate things as always happening and just attributing new attributes to sweeping groups of people as convenient to you.

Yes, refined sugar is addictive. This does not make the occasional dessert in any way inherently bad.

You're an autist.

Are you denying that dessert is a common theme in cooking? There's a whole side of cooking concerned with being creative with the half cup of sugar everyone wants to smash after their meal. Addiction? Didn't mention that but it's interesting that someone defending the style would bring it up.

No, but I don't go on an anonymous forum to autistically project things other people do that bother me

Stop wasting site bandwith over something that isn't even an issue

[autistic screeching intensifies]

>Are you denying that dessert is a common theme in cooking?
I'm saying it is and there isn't anything wrong with it and you've yet to provide any sort of convincing argument that it is.

What's Veeky Forums's favorite dessert? What are some easy ones that you make for yourself when you're in the mood? What should I make out of the chocolate I have in the pantry and the cream I have in the fridge?

Why get so defensive when someone wants to see if they are alone in not enjoying this kind of food? Is it because you have half a cake by your pc right now?

In Japan, disposition towards eating sweet things is seen as feminine, while men are more likely to just enjoy savoury foods.

Maybe you could move there OP. Or you could just pull the stick out of your ass and not care if people eat dessert.

Panna Cotta is GOAT

>Alone

I don't think you're the only person who feels that way, what makes you feel so singled out user?

I like extremely small deserts, like just a few bites. If I eat too much sugar I don't feel good.

>In Japan
japan is a retarded culture, who gives a fuck what the zips do when they aren't bowing or pushing eachother into train cars.

I don't know. Maybe the same type of people who obsess over why people eat desserts?

>Who gives a fuck about what the zips do

Apparently you, if you care enough to reply to his post

I'm not OP, OP is retarded too.

No. I'm telling him that Japs are retarded and not relevant to the discussion.

I'm just making a thread about the cultural phenomenon of eating so much sugar following a meal, mostly in countries where every second person is overweight, and how it's never been attractive to me despite being a big eater, but apparently people are so offended by the idea that someone might not share their addiction they want to become pseudo psychiatrists and derail any talk entirely?

I don't think people here are necessarily offended by you not liking dessert

I think people are just sick of seeing the same kind of autistic rambling, and hate that has literally no purpose on a cooking forum

The discussion is just annoying, we've seen this kind of post hundreds of times, for hundreds of topics, so you posting some autistic rant about dessert comes off as a joke, or bait

Sorry people don't agree with you, but this shits is annoying

Don't reply to him, you'll only encourage him

Yeah, in general I've checked out on sweets. Started happening about 10 years ago when I was 21. I still enjoy a bit of ice cream or a cookie every now and again, and I'm a sucker for strawberry shortcake, but in general, I'm not as easily-excited by pure sugar as I was when I was a kid. I almost always end up saving room for dessert because my gf always wants to split it.

Most arguments people make on the internet are weird because they infer there is some inherent virtue in whatever they themselves prefer.

I used to have no taste for sweet and sugary food. None whatsoever. I'd skip dessert regularly, and people would always be surprised when I'd pass on some sweet treat I was offered. I'd say, "I'm just a salty/spicy/savory kind of guy, I guess."

Then I quit drinking alcohol, and all of a sudden I had a raging sweet tooth. I guess I was getting all the sugar I could possibly want in the form of all the beer and booze I drank, and once that was gone my body began craving sugar.

For whatever it's worth, I think all the people getting pissy about OP's question seem more agitated and weird than he did. At least in his first post, before he joined the autistic screeching.

Mainly this. Your initial post comes off as some weird diatribe against sugar. I don't even like sweets but if you want to start an actual discussion, don't start off with complete nonsense.

I'm with you OP. Desert is bullshit. I can eat some more real food that has actual nutrition rather than some overly sweet garbage.

Also deserts are always too big.

Is there a worse kind of cooking? Put sugar cubes on a plate and marvel at your ingredients.

My wife likes to have dessert after dinner. I was the type to go for a second portion. Now I eat less and save room for dessert. It leaves your palate in a pleasant state. Even just a piece of fruit can be very refreshing.

well your wife is a dumb whore and objectively wrong. desert is not good for you, you should eat a moderate about of dinner and then stop. sugar is bad.

Are you vegetarian/vegan?

No

Veeky Forums

No, Veeky Forums runs and lifts. An occasional few hundred calories of sugar isn't an issue for us, only couch potato numales

pots de creme is really easy to make, and very nice to eat

I run a 5k every day and still managed to stay a fat ass. I just eat too much.

>melt cup of butter
>pour in cup of sugar
>add this to the melted chocolate

topkek fat people that continually exercise absolutely floor me. why not just eat less and count your calories and be thin?

>I run a 5k every day and still managed to stay a fat ass. I just eat too much.
1. stop running. walk
2. stop eating fat
3. stop snacking
4. eat only twice a day.
you will lose weight, I guarantee it.

I'm not running to lose weight, I'm running because I enjoy it and so I don't get winded doing things.

Well start losing weight anyways. I'm so tired of looking at you fat fucks. You are disgusting.

>2. stop eating fat
Fat isn't bad for you, in many ways it is a good choice because it is satiating and doesn't spike insulin levels, provided not too much is eaten.

Eat more than your body consumes and you grow, eat less than your body consumes and you shrink. Exercise determines whether you turn into simply a smaller or larger version of yourself or a stronger and fitter one that's actually better at something which isn't just skipping dessert and beer, or shoveling down a dessert when you didn't before.

Only thing wrong with this is fat

As long as you eat healthier fats, then they'll be good along with not snacking

running is a crummy exercise. it wears you out so you move less, and it makes you hungry so you eat too much, and it wears our joints and muscles and enlarges the heart.

Any sort of activity is exericse. You do not need to keep your heart beating hard for hours to get fit and healthy. I mean, think about it, we lay down motionless for 6-8 hours every day...

i like sweet stuff but i don't eat a dessert after a meal often (once a week at most)
i love Tiramisù.