Why does everyone love salmon?

It's the worst tasting fish

Other urls found in this thread:

topdocumentaryfilms.com/salmon-confidential/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's not very fishy

Tastes awesome when cooked properly.

pic related

It's big(4 u), doesn't have intramuscular bones, and is fatty.

Agreed. Bass and Halibut is the GOAT fish.

>"salmon"
steelhead? king? soho? sockeye? silver? pink? Atlantic? Landlocked? Chum? Char? Grayling?

there are dozens of types of salmon, and they all taste as different from one another as porkbelly tastes from elk.

My wife ordered some "salmon" from the fish market yesterday and it tasted so bad i had to spit it out. fishing and disgusting. Was probably pink. I asked hr what kind it was.. idk.. salmon.

No wonder.

Speaking of cooking properly, how do you plan on getting dat crispy skin with the silly plank in the way?

Receptive to a fuckton of different flavours, best boneless fillet for children, easy to cook, amazing smoked, colourful, mild taste meaning more people like it, sushi... I could go on.

You have to be either a pleb or contrarian to not like salmon

we get it, you know a lot of names for the same dull fish.

>steelhead? king? soho? sockeye? silver? pink? Atlantic? Landlocked? Chum? Char? Grayling?
No, SALMON, dum-dum.

it's got a nice color, they even named the color after the fish.

Steelhead is a trout dummy. Its colored like salmon

I don't get it either. Seabass and Haddock master race.

>asking a woman a specific question and expecting a specific answer.

Yeah, no. Having said that, it was probably Chum which is godawful even when you catch it and prepare it that day. Where I live it's only carried in the nignog neighborhoods and sells for $4.99/lb, flown in fresh. Literally dogfood.

i was just talking with someone about this like an hour ago

it's high in omega-3 fatty acids which are good for you heart. plus fat is flavor
basically it tastes good and it's good for you

We don't eat the skin when prepared this way senpai. McCormick makes an incredible Belgian White Ale seasoning that is a perfect to top with.

>a lot of names for the same
>wagyu is a meme
plz go

>Steelhead is a trout dummy. Its colored like salmon
Because trout is landlocked salmon, you fucking moron.

"Durr hurrr all three of us are equally retarded!"

There you go, solved it. Dont like seared/fried? Then do candied. Dont like candied? kill yourself. Dont like that, do pattes. Dont like that? Also kill yourself. Salmon is extremely versatile, has the best flavor, has the best everything.

I picked you because youve lost the plot piss off

>It's the worst tasting fish
You've never had good salmon. Washington-fag here, salmon is awesome and I eat it all the time.

let me guess you eat farmed salmon that you bought off walmart cheap

salmon is great, raw, smoked and cooked

its versatile, its easy to eat, compliments a lot of cuisine from asian to even eastern european

and its healthy for you

served raw, you mean

headcase

T*lapia is the worst fish anyone could ever have the displeasure of eating

True, also not debatable.

What's wrong with tilapia? It's cheap and shit and the flavor is pretty mild

>It's cheap and shit
>It's...shit

Glad you agree.

Fuck yeah Haddock!!
Also, Striped bass or Mahi-mahi

last time I said I didn't like salmon I got banned for ban evasion
whoever you are, you triggered the fuck out of a mod, keep up the good work

Honestly it's just flavorless

say it with me

sardines

It's the "beginner" fish, for people who don't like fish or don't eat a lot of fish. It can be very good, though, when cooked right. I haven't eaten salmon in ages, though. I prefer other oily fish, like mackerel for example, and other fish like halibut and trout. I'm going trout fishing in a couple days, actually.

This is also true. I prefer Coho or Sockeye, myself, if I'm going to eat salmon.

I don't like salmon alone at all. Probably just had shit tier cancer salmon. But salmon patties my grandma makes are nice. No idea what's in em.

s a r d i n e s

Walleye is the best tasting fish and if you disagree you are wrong.

>It's the "beginner" fish
>I'm going trout fishing in a couple days
Trout is a type of salmon, you fucking moron

Wrong, fuckboi. Closely related is not the same as.

>mobile poster cherry picks a wikipedia article
>muh taxonomy
how very autistic of you

I like lox on my toasted sesame bagel

I can't disagree. I always felt bad that I couldn't appreciate my mom's tilapia that she was so proud of

Salmon is an entry level fish of the worst kind.

He is right though.

That's why the idiot tried to damage control by misusing "cherrypicking" and ended up looking like an ass.

this is the type of autism I come to this site for, thank you

Tastes like vomit, when I eat it I vomit, get double the vomit

/Thread

This.

I've had some really bad wild caught salmon from the grocers. Had bones in it that i wasn't prepared for. The farm raised salmon is the equivalent to beef. Just fat and meat. I love how people think they're eating healthy when they cook this type of fish. Its always the fat asses who assume so.

Tilapia like any other lite tasting fish takes on the flavors of its seasoning. You're cooking must taste like shit tbqh.

Knowing what type of fish you're getting is autism?

Seriously, different types of salmon have markedly different flavors and textures. Chum salmon is pretty shit, wild caught sockeye or chinook/king salmon is absolutely god tier.

As are arctic char and steelhead, although those are both actually trout.

I used to eat it tilapia growing up. But it's certainly better then eating mackerel though.

Commercial salmon fisherman here, AMA.

Also holy fuck king salmon are nasty fish when they're alive. They're covered in sea lice (actually a good thing desu, though a bit nasty) and slime that smells like ozone and cum on top of looking like they got beat with an ugly stick.

Love me some salmon

>covered in lice
>smells like cum
>beat with the ugly stick
sounds like ur mum lol :)))))

This user is a smart user

I don't get it they just look like normal dumb fish

Literally no one who hears trout thinks salmon, you fucking idiot.

>"tuna"
pacific? longtail? yellowfin? albacore? Atlantic? Bigeye? Southern? Skipjack? Frigate?

there are dozens of types of tuna, and they all taste as different from one another as mcchicken tastes from big mac.

My wife ordered some "tuna" from the fish market yesterday and it tasted so bad i had to spit it out. fishing and disgusting. Was probably yellowfin. I asked hr what kind it was.. idk.. tuna.

No wonder.

This is the real reason. It's a meme fish through and through.

Tuna is beginner fish.

>trout is landlocked salmon
found the retard

>char are trout
wrong again fuckstick. for someone who claims to be a fish expert you're really quite dense

Look man i made a small mistake im sorry

>worst tasting fish
>not trout

>mccormick

Used to work with a bodybuilding dude (he was jacked so I'll give him that) who would straight up dump a can of sardines between two slices of wonder bread.

Holy fuck the stench.

Farmed fish is absolutely disgusting
Read labels annons

Wow, I can have bland overpriced fish in so many varieties... truly modernity spoils me!

>Smell and feel like they're covered in cum

Alright, my question is if you've ever fapped using this mucus or masturbated to the thought of being a cum covered salmon

Real answers only please

God no. It smells like someone tried to put out an electrical fire by dumping semen on it.

Well I'll give ya another reason to not eat salmon OP:
topdocumentaryfilms.com/salmon-confidential/

this. you want a white fish for gainz...ditch the tilapia and get swai.

dont fucking badmouth mackerel or i will kill you and your whole fucking family you fucking piece of shit