Anchovy pie

How do we restore the dignity of the most maligned and loneliest of all pizza toppings?

Other urls found in this thread:

bonappetit.com/story/anchovies-on-pizza-joe-beddia-pizza-camp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All I can think of is blending it into the sauce or something so people don't say "ew fish."

I love anchovies.

You are now aware that the reason why anchovy pizza became "uncool" and unappetizing to youth is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

anchovy is a shit tier topping unless they're arranged in a radial pattern with one fillet per slice

it's too salty otherwise because you just get random mouthfuls of salt when eating the slice

dont use anchovie shaped hunks of salt

Anchovies don't work with the salty ass pizza hut sauce and cheese made to be shelf stable for 10 years so common on shit pizza these days.

what do they taste like? are they briny/salty? I like green olives on my pizza so I feel like I might like anchovies but i've never tried em

>anchovy is a shit topping
>main ingredient of most gourmet french pizza/tart recipes

Fuck, anchovies are good. My mouth waters like crazy every time I think of them. Gonna have to get a chove pie this week.

IT'S SALTY SHIT!!!!

It's a pleb filter topping. Those who love anchovies are patrician. Those who hate anchovies are invariably plebeian.

very salty. goes good with the cheese and dough

I always wanted to try it but then I imagine almost no one orders anchovies on their pizza so whatever they put on there is probably like 5 years old

anchovies do not go bad very quickly

Doesn't matter, they come from a sealed tin most likely.

Anchovies, black olives and basil leaves = GOAT topping combo

'chovies and spinach for me, please

Put them in a Caesar salad, where they belong.

Anchovies, pepperoni, greek olives and jalapeƱos. Salty as fuck but makes my cock hard.

anchovy only place is on roman style pizza aka "pizza in teglia" with no greasy cheese

I've only ever had it once but that one time solidified anchovies as the ultimate food for curing hangovers.
I was never that glad to have my mouth filled with pure salt

Why not try something good like jalapeno and pineapple pizza

you might as well just put a handful of salt on each slice

anchovies are bad
olives are bad
green pepper is bad
pineapple is bad

too overpowering for good pizza
I want to taste the dough and sauce

Use deens instead

Or wash the chovies

Or dont use cheese

Pineapple
Onion
Broccoli
Anchovies

Something sour acidic to cut throuugh that salt

Why dont you just dip mozzarella bread in tomato sauce

Hey faggot, Michelangelo never steered me wrong before.

I don't remember this. I remember them liking pepperoni.

anchovis need the company of artichokes, at least on a pizza.

Man, now I have a craving for pineapple, jalapeno, and anchovy pizza.

That does actually sound great.

Garbage fish does not belong on a pizza.

If you must make a fish pie, it's either japanese style tuna & mayo, or it's salmon with avocado.

t. pizza chef

Bullshit. Seafood pizza is bloody amazing.

How do you make taco pizzas? Or do you do that?

I'd try it, I but live in So.Cal, OC to make it even worse, a fucking wasteland for pizza that isn't a huge chain.

holy fuck newfag detected

Promote pissaladiere. Anchovies are properly showcased on a caramelized onion base than they are with tomato and mozzarella.

I have a lot of trouble finding anchovies here. Last time I got some it was an old a fuck tin almost hidden amongst the "weird" cheese products that don't fit anywhere else.

Should be by the spam and other canned and tinned meats are.

By not putting whole anchovies on the top, they should be crumbled into pea sized amounts and sprinkled over the top to give a burst of salty flavour not an overpoweringly salty flavout.

Yeah that's what I'd assume but I dunno they're just not a common thing here. I tried asking the clerks but the young ones have no idea what I'm talking about and the older ones just don't have a clue.

Tuna, sardines, fake crab and similar stuff all have at least 4 brands but anchovies seem like a rarity.

I'll try looking near the spam next time, thanks for the tip user.

Can't beat a little 'cho 'za.

Np good luck. If you didn't look hard you might have missed them. They tend to be on the top or bottom shelf. They don't get the premium middle shelf space very often.

You give it some friends to play with.

They hated anchovies

what about realchovies?

Dice up the anchovies and sprinkle them lightly over the pizza.

pretty sure it's just because unless you're at a nice/specialty pizza place it's going to taste like the pizza washed up on the beach

not really. They're coming from a can regardless.

Take pizza
Add the sauce and cheese.
Take the anchovies, tear them up into little pieces and sprinkle them over the pizza.
Add capers and black olives
Cook
Press fresh rocket into the pizza as soon as it comes out of the oven.

Eating a pizza with anchovies, pineapple, onions, and jalapenos right now.

Jalepeno, sure.
No pineapple, not only is it unappetizing with cheese but I live in the States so the sauces are sweet as is.

>fresh rocket
That's arugula for folks in North America.

That recipe sounds good by the way, not a big fan of black olives but girlfriend loves them.

Thank you. That shit confused me for a second.

Damn this is an avant garde shitpost

No problem.

On a related note:
bonappetit.com/story/anchovies-on-pizza-joe-beddia-pizza-camp

Not much of an article, just the guy promoting his pizzaria but his advice for putting the anchovies on the pie once its out of the oven and letting the residual heat warm them through sound good.

Needs black olives and fresh tomato slices.

The most important, yet often overlooked step is to rinse excess brine from the anchovies after removing them from the can. Any good Italian chef will tell you that anchovies are meant to be savory, not salty. The salt is a form of preservative that if not removed will overpower the natural flavor of the fish.
That being said, the saltiness is what most anchovy pizza lovers crave it for, but is also what often turns away those who shun anchovies as well.

I had never heard about rinsing them, but one day I decided to do it myself and I have to agree with you here.