Just bought one of these and-

-why is it impossible to find a univerdally agreed upon "Best steak recipe"-recipe? Been pretty much every single website says something else. Not even mentioning youtube cooks and celebs like j. Oliver.

So i decided to keep the best site for last. Here i am, literally on my knees right now, asking you guys to tell me how to cook this thing. (0.404 kg. 7.67€)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e3bz3gmePTs
youtube.com/watch?v=GZ4xl7XJM08
weber.com/US/en/blog/how-to-sear
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Universally*

Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder.
BBQ.
Enjoy your meat.

Eat it raw. You are a bad chef if you need to prepare food to make it taste good.

I have garlic, a lot, but no powder. Will the results be the same if i hack it down till it's almost powder? Also no olive oil? (Rub it on the steak, not the pan)

I guess minced would work, you might want to be careful about burning it, and you can oil it up if you want.
Just be careful about that chunk of fat if you are going to grill over charcoal, that thing screams fare up.

Aight thanks. Wish me luck lads.

One more thing. Does tha Frying Pan have to be Hot af before placing the steak?

Yes

try this
youtube.com/watch?v=e3bz3gmePTs

Die Jungbullen-Lüge: Das größte Fleisch-Missverständnis Deutschlands

Eine ganz grobe Schätzung: 85% aller deutschen Verbraucher gehen mit einem guten Gefühl nach Hause, wenn sie im Supermarkt an der Frischetheke ein Stück vom Jungbullen ergattert haben. Ich gehe noch weiter: Sie glauben, sie würden der Familie gleich etwas besonders Schmackhaftes vorsetzen. Ist doch klar: Jungbulle – das weckt positivste Assoziationen. Kerngesund, vor Kraft strotzend, frisch, knackig und muskelbepackt. Sowas will man sich gerne einverleiben. Viel lieber als eine Fette Alte Kuh. Fleischkenner verstehen diese Anspielung.
Je günstiger das Preisniveau, desto öfter findet man das „Qualitätsprädikat“ Jungbulle. Nirgends wird behauptet, dieses Fleisch sei schmackhaft, saftig oder zart. Die fehlgeleitete Interpretationsleistung der Verbraucher wird zwar durch die bewusst prominente Platzierung dieses Begriffs forciert, doch letztlich geht der Konsument dem Schwindel ganz selbstständig auf den Leim. „Jungbulle“ suggeriert einen Genuss, der nicht geliefert wird.

This is the best steak "recipe"

youtube.com/watch?v=GZ4xl7XJM08

Instead of mincing the garlic, squash a couple of cloves with a knife then cut them in half and rub the steak all over with it before you cook it

Fuck me that's a depressing image;

> Barely any pepper in the grinder
> Cheap thin non-stick pan
> Single clove of garlic
> Dried out half destroyed cutting board
>Salt from a fucking camping shaker

Your steak will be literally 1/10

That pan is the same size if not smaller than the steak itself, do yourself a favour and use a bigger pan.

>why is it impossible to find a univerdally agreed upon "Best steak recipe"
Because cooking is an incredibly creative process whereby every single chef can make alterations to every single dish they make based on their equipment, personal taste preferences, skills and techniques they want to use, and how previous attempts at the dish turned out. You're never going to find a universally agreed upon "Best " recipe because what tastes great to you might taste average to someone else and shit to a third person so you need to just try something you think looks good based on how a recipe describes it and then make adjustments based on your experience and personal taste.

Welcome to cooking.

using garlic on a real steak is stupid. to make good steak it needs to sear at 600 degrees. that burns garlic and makes it rancid and bitter.

salt and pepper, and even pepper can burn.

>Needs to sear at 600 degrees

Where do you people come from?

crustalvania, dumbass.

why does that look like pork?

It's tasteless. Just.. wow. It tastes like nothing. I even let it get room temperature and let it "soak in" the salt, peper and garlic.

Here you go, hun.

weber.com/US/en/blog/how-to-sear

Kauf dein Fleisch nicht günstig bei aldi oder lidl geh zum Metzger wenn du ein ordentliches Stück Rind haben willst.. Huhn vom discounter versteh ich ja noch aber wenn es um steaks geht haben discounter meistens nur dreck.

oil, high heat, dry meat, coarse salt, fresh pepper
two minutes on each side for one inch steak

Ich würde noch weiter gehen und sagen: "Man kann nun mal als Mäusescheiße keine gute Butter quirlen!"

Es gibt (leider!) kein deutsches Fleisch, was mit einem traditionell aufgezogenem Rind in Südamerika qualitativ mithalten kann. So ein Jungbulle wird schnell und billig auf Schlachtgewicht hochgepuscht. Das Fleisch kann nur nach Nichts schmecken. Ein Weiderind in Argentinien, was sich mühsam über einen viel längeren Zeitraum von dem ernährt, was die Natur anzubieten hat und langsam von Futterstelle zu Futterstelle laufen muss, schmeckt wie ein Rind schmecken muss. Und die Reifezeit, die für das deutsche Rind als Qualitätssiegel genutzt wird, bekommt es durch die Verschiffung ganz von alleine. Wenn das Fleisch dann auch nicht gefroren wird, kann man da nichts verkehrt machen beim Grillen. Und außer Salz kommt da auch nichts mehr dran!

Trust me! I am a doctor.

>weber

hello wildcats

Das mit dem frischen Knoblauch hätte ich gelassen, der sieht teilweise echt bitter aus.
Ansonsten hätte es auch schlechter klappen können.
Cheers

My pan was only at 599 degrees last time i made a steak no wonder it tasted so shit.

>Be me
>Planning on cooking steak
>Take out of fridge 30 mins before cooking
>Rub with a bit of oil and season with pepper
> Pan on NICE AND HOT
>Take laser thermometer out of drawer
>Measure pan, 600 degrees achieved.
>Place comparatively ice cold steak in
>Pan temp drops to a mere 500 degrees
>Steak is ruined
>mfw

610 degrees here faggots get on my level.

>>Pan temp drops to a mere 500 degrees

The maillard reactions happen at about 345-380 degrees. Low enough that you could sear steak in a heavy Teflon pan like the professionals. Don't worry, your steak is not ruined.

actually looks pretty good OP.

Not bad for what you cooked it in.

Do yourself a favor and get yourself a cast iron skillet, put it in an oven and preheat it to 500 or just leave it on the stove to get wicked hot until canola oil starts to smoke on it.

I prefer just salt and pepper. Cooking in two minutes each side in butter. Wonderful.

Wrong.

>Und außer Salz kommt da auch nichts mehr dran!

geh zurück nach /deutsch/ schwachkopf

agree, it looks like you did a good job.
if it sucked the meat sucked, no way to hide that when making steak

Fuck you, bitch!

Stick your dick innit.

salt
pepper
brown it well on both sides

everything else is just bickering over details