What's the best light beer?

What's the best light beer?

It's all fucking terrible, but the Sam Adams Light is the one I'd reach for if I had to choose.

I like miller lite because it tastes the least like flintstones chewable vitamins.

But I never go out of my way to buy lite.

For me, it's McNatty light

Light beer is only for rural and suburban retards

???

Not him, but its marketed towards people who want to "avoid calories" so they pick up a lite/light beer. Well if you compare even the basic Budweiser to budlight. its 5.0% to 4.3% ABV. Basically they watered it down to trick you into thinking you can drink them all day every day without getting a huge beergut. Well, if you're at a party or you're borderline alcohol, you end up drinking a shitload more of them. Its why tallboys, 18, 24, and 36 packs were invented. You have to drink 25% more beer to feel the same buzz, moreso to get drunk due to metabolism and time. However I will concede that a bud light has 100 calories and a budweiser has 145. A 30% reduction of calories.

So, if you look at the buzz-to-calorie ratio you come out slightly ahead. HOWEVER, you'll have to drink a little faster to achieve the buzz at the same rate, and drink faster to keep your buzz or get drunk. Which leads to bloating and burping anyway.

>not everyone who drinks beer is trying for a buzz or getting drunk
Then what the fuck are you drinking light beer for? Get a real beer and enjoy it.

tecate light

sorry, you have to drink ~15% more beer to feel the same buzz.

sure thing, fatty

Light beer is acceptable for:
>drinking games
>keg for parties (see above)
>drinking while out in the summer heat

Natty light because I dont care

They're all flavorless pisswater suitable only for rednecks who's idea of beer is the pseudomasculine feminized adjunct image pushed during sporting events and NASCAR which makes them vicariously feel like a man while playing with their popgun.

tl;dr They're all the same flavorless garbage and it makes 0 difference which you choose.

milwakis best light

>heineken light
>amstel light

I'm Dutch and I've never seen these. Didn't even know they existed.

Yeah, Sammy or Amstel Light are acceptable if you're forced to drink light beer for some reason.

yuengling light

miller lite

michelob ultra

sleeman 2.0

all acceptable choices

This stuff is perfect for drinking on summer days. Slam a six of these over a couple hours and you'll probably still be right to drive home.

Belgian Krieks are taken into account? In that case, I'd say the Lou pepe or Lindemans kriek

I love light beer on a hot day, after working outside.

I dig a lot on my job, but my boss never lets us drink at work... even when wineries offer it to us....

Sometimes they give us bottles though.

Water

I've always wondered why Coors light is so heavily advertised on TV and it shows how it always sponsors their insane parties. Seems like a very popular beer desu.

I think the term "light beer" means something different in USA than it does here in Australia.

In Australia light beer means low alcohol, in America it means low carb.

Light beer in America has to do with fewer calories. The beers are also piss colored and generally even lighter in taste and the body. But the calories are the primary reason why its called "light"

Guinness

Who gives a fuck if you can't get a buzz off one of them

I'm a PBR guy but I've been on a rolling rock kick lately. Shit's good.

Those aren't light beers

This or Lowenbrau. But I actually prefer this by a little

Amstel Light and Sam Adams Light are both pretty good. Anything Miller or Bud can fuck off. Natural light is for homeless people and Coors light is for chicks. Corona Light tastes exactly like Corona regular...which is to say like shit...that's why you need to jam a lime into it to make it palatable.

Never tried Beck's Light, so I have no insight into that. But Heineken Light tastes like water.

Coors Light and Corona are amazing

Easily in my top 10 beers overall

Uh not really?

Light beer is pretty good and I love the stuff and malt liquor

Stop forcing yourself into marketed ideas by the craft beer community on forums, etc.

>Uh not really
Kill yourself, you fucking poofter.

Michelob Ultra isn't great, but it's the best light beer I've tried by a long shot.

In a can, hands-down Busch Light. Off tap, Coors light. Beer water perfection!

On a side note, Miller High Life is the best canned full flavor. Coors and Rolling Rock close behind. I have no idea how in God's name Bud or Bud Light have even got popularity, because their water automatically ruins every beer they make to the point where the only acceptable thing that comes from their brewery is that god damn abortion Bud Lime.

But I am an alcohol, and just like it in my hand "all day every day." It leaves me more hydrated and lets me last longer.

Montucky Coldsnack

>this fucking retarded
Do you know what the main source of calories in a beer is?

Miller lite

I don't get the hate on light beer I want to drink 12-16 a night and not feel like death the next morning