Why are Nespresso capsules still not widely accepted as a perfectly legitimate way of making coffee?

Why are Nespresso capsules still not widely accepted as a perfectly legitimate way of making coffee?

because keurig won that format fight

reminder that if you drink coffee you are a slave to the capitalist regime lmao you need to drink a drink so you can perform basic human functions lmao cucked by the system yet again

Define "legitimate"

If I'm stuck at a client site and that's all they have, I'll take it rather than disrupt work by walking out to the parking lot, getting in my rental cage, and caging for an hour and a half to the nearest third-wave coffee shop

It's a bit like "washing" your hands with hand sanitizer gel because you're not near running water

In this case, flyover cage bound places are the equivalent of no running water

This. VHS beat betamax. CDs beat tape after tape beat records. Blueray beat whatever the list goes on.

When 2 different things do pretty much the same thing, 1 always wins and becomes the preference.

Not in Europe. And Europeans actually know good coffee.

Keurig tastes like gas station coffee and Nespresso tastes like battery acid, so when someone is lazy they prefer the gas station coffee to the acid.

No you don't. Cappachino maybe. You fuckers don't know shit about coffee boy. All the best beans our from our Hemisphere.

>Europeans actually know good coffee.
Shit tier bait

why are Nespresso capsules still not widely accepted form of currency?

Because everyone just steals them from their office like a bunch of savages?

ITT: americans claim their 100% genuine artificial freeze dried coffee substitute flavor capsules (now melt!) are 'real coffee'

But it was a European who claimed that their favorite brand of capsule coffee is better than some other guy's favorite brand of capsule coffee.

Eurofags unironically believe Lavazza is good.

Europe on suicide watch. Put some American coffee on so we can babysit them.

What's going on here? Why does he wear the mask?

i dont get it, i thought that disaster was to do with aluminum mining?

Nobody cared who he was before the mask.

Dolt.

what do you think the pods are made of?

the real damage is all the garbage they are creating. my office alone must use 40 of those fucking things daily.

if you are solely concerned about environmental impact, you should be drinking instant coffee.

1. Coffee goes stale minutes after grinding
2. Consumer coffee machines are shit at getting water up to temp and maintaining temp

Comes in plastic. Congratulations you just destroyed the planet.

Instant coffee has the least amount of packaging compared to how many servings you get out of a container.

And a lot of it comes in glass containers if you're freaking out about muh plastic.

wow coffeefags are awful people

reminder that if you eat food you are a slave to the capitalist regime lmao you need to food a food so you can perform basic human functions lmao cucked by the system yet again

I'm just being facetious. I'll burn styrofoam I don't give a shit.

>drinking coffee
>supporting the deforestation of rainforests and the air pollution from shipping the coffee to the store

My instant coffee comes in glass containers... but with not only plastic caps but RED plastic caps. I'm considering suicide via coffee overdose so I can suffer almost as much a the environment does at my environmental thoughtlessness and bad. Forgive me, Goku.

keurig isnt espresso though

I was given a nespresso machine and use it out of convenience, it's not the worst. Espresso autism is far more expensive than coffee autism so I spend my money on good coffee and use a v60 for our overs.

Not only are all pre-packaged coffee "capsules" completely mediocre in every conceivable way to classic methods of brewing, but they're unbelievably wasteful.

The *only* benefit to any of these formats is convenience.

I'm not even a coffee snob, it's just that with a $10 walmart grinder, $30 Mr Coffee espresso machine, and cheap bulk whole beans from your generic grocery store, and 5 - 10 minutes every morning... you're going to get coffee that's 1000x better.

they have these at my workplace and they're not awful tasting, but at home i use a french press and enjoy that more. i think all pod based coffee machine things like this are stupidly expensive (i think each pod ends up being about a dollar if you aren't buying the ''premium'' ones, and here we can't just buy them at the store, they've got to be shipped), generate tons of trash, and are annoying to keep clean. The last point is even worse in a group setting when you have morons who don't quite understand how it works that never empty out the lil pod catcher or tray filled with old coffee drippings.

>I'm not even a coffee snob, it's just that with a $10 walmart grinder, $30 Mr Coffee espresso machine, and cheap bulk whole beans from your generic grocery store, and 5 - 10 minutes every morning... you're going to get coffee that's 1000x better.

Nope

Yup.

Making good coffee is not hard. For an hour's research on the internet and less than half the cost of one of those machines, you can produce something far better for far cheaper.

It's just that you're fat and have no taste.

Are you a fag?

this, nespresso and Kurig pod systems are for middle class soccer moms 'Don't even THINK of talking to me until I've had my morning cup :^)'

reminder that if you're a communist you're supporting a dead ideology that only you and your liberal arts friends care about

Because you should be using, at minimum, a La Marzocco GS3.

>not drinking coffee because it tastes good
Caffeine is just a plus, but of course a nu-male like you wouldn't understand.

Do we have an IoT coffee machine with verified capsules yet?

Yes, I am a registered democrat, I can read without moving my lips, and I have a passport

What the fuck are you going on about when you say "cage"? You sound like a fag.

>cage
>caging
>flyover
>cage

>What the fuck are you going on about when you say "cage"?

The term started with motorcycle enthusiasts. They would refer to people who drove cars as "cagers" because they were "locked up away from the experience of the open road". However over the last year or so the term has been co-opted by environmental nutjobs who want to put down people who drive those evil polluting cars.

Your fedora might be on too tight

What makes you say that? I was simply answering user's question, not advocating the use of "cager" in this manner.

>damage control in progress

>when some group of "enthusiasts" make up a name for normal people
>"oh my god you're such a non-shiteater, can you imagine a non-shiteater like this, I was sitting there, eating shit as one does, and this non-shiteater comes up to me, his breath smelled delicious, I laughed right in his face and asked him if he even eats shit. Then he just looked at me with that weird non-shiteater look that they all have and walked away. Fucking non-shiteaters when will they learn"

>Americans
>Freeze dried coffee

Think you're getting us, and the Brits mixed up

Poor bait

>Europeans actually know good coffee.

Europeans don't even know good tea, and that's like 90% of your glorious heritage. Let alone coffee.

Friendly reminder, only itally and partially France know anything good about coffee

The rest of Europe, Britain especially, use freeze dried instant coffee

Italy*

>Don't even THINK of talking to me until I've had my morning cup :^)

If it wasn't coffee, it'd a hash brown or an energy drink or some shit. Women are always looking for new excuse for being cunts instead of just admitting they're cunts.

Why?

>implying the middle east and north africa isn't accepted as "europe"

bring in a Mr coffee, some filters, and a cheap bag of ground kroger coffee

report with results

Turkey, maybe. Sometimes. The middle east and North Africa? They don't share a cultural heritage, and they generally aren't a part of the same international organizations. Lay off the Moroccan Hashish, Mohammed.

Yeah, but you'll look like a tool

...really makes you think

Only 15 year olds and people who still think like them care about not looking like tools. Grownups do what they want.

well said

>over the last year

>drinking coffee for the taste
>not just for the energy

The capsules are a bitch to find, AFAIK they're only available online or at their specific standalone retailers. I end up just doing an order of like 300 capsules in one go and I'm set for the year. I have a Pixie and it's a great little machine, always use it for my morning coffee before heading out to work.

what? Instant coffee comes in glass jars

I don't use them, but I'm pretty sure you can buy the little capsules at any grocery store or walmart, at least in America.

I'm neet and I drink coffee.

what happened?

>communist
>liberal
Pick one

Please don't tell me you really think this is a good argument

>Not just /sip/ping for your energy.
Shaking my head.

>typical american horsepiss sipping douchebag answer

calm down u fucking dork, only thing u guys know about is burgers, and even those are mediocre at best.

Not in Australia either. We don't drink shitwater here. Not saying that nespresso isn't rage enducing, but it's better than the swill they drink in fatland

>capsules

MFW master roasting/grinding/cupping race ending thread

Seems coffee pad machines are quite rare in the US, isn't it?

>Coffee pad
Wait what, like tea bags but you also need a machine for them?
At least the capsules keep the coffee somewhat fresh.

I'm a fan of coffee bags, which are just large tea bags with coffee inside them. They are overpriced in NZ though.

My old security job in rural flyoverland had a machine like that.
Marginally less stupid than a keurig, I suppose