Beer thread

Beer thread
I am Vietnamese and just curious how everyone drinks beer?
>How many bottles?
>When?
>What brand?

Ho Chi Min is a son of a bitch

I guess I start drinking at around 5 pm, eight beers unless I'm drinking wine with dinner. Brands: Grolsch, Hertog Jan, Brand, Jever, Flensburger, Kölsch if I'm in the mood.

>>How many bottles?
Fuck man, depends how early I start and how strong the beer I'm drinking is.
>>When?
I've cut it down to Friday and Saturday nights plus social occasions at the moment.
>>What brand?
Always trying new stuff.

i like Moretti at the moment. i can drink around 8 or 9 before i get bloated and have to drink spirits.

Start drinking at 3. Usually start with Jameson, and after I get a good buzz going I'll drink a few Shiners or some good craft beer.

I just try to drink 1 or 2 beers on a friday or saturday night. Other than that, I avoid it for the rest of the week.

Other than that, in my pursuit of chasing new flavours and making different styles of beer that I can't find. I have started to do home brewing as a hobby. I bought a kit which came with a lager, I'm hoping it will turn out alright. Personally, I want to make rare styles since others can't be bothered to do it for w/e reason.

>>How many bottles?
a lot, 5-20
>>When?
whenever I can
>>What brand?
When I have money:
Rothaus, Waldhaus, Budweiser, Flensburger, Kilkenny
When poor:
Oettinger, 5.0, Markgrafenbräu

PBR or Miller Lite.
As many as I can as quickly as I can but I really can't drink them fast enough to get drunk anymore.

I like you

Never drink german beer because it is the worst, only czech, belgian and been to a festival this summer in serbia so I developed a taste for their beer aswell.

drink cold in big glasses, never out of the bottle.

English/ Welsh beer is OK, but I've disliked most German beer I've tried.

>How many bottles
>6 or 8
>When
>A couple times a month, usually it's yuengling, a few local beers, ending with a bud heavy.

Got the blue ball scratch and the seven year itch

>How many bottles?
1 to 4
>When?
when hanging out with the boys, rarely one beer alone when I feel like it
>What brand?
brands don't really matter, what matters is styles
germany is best for weizens, czechia is best for pilsners, belgium is best for the shitload of belgian styles out there

Lots

I drink between 6 and 12 Yuenglings every day.

>how many
I'm a 15-20 pint man on a good day's drinking
>when
When hungover, when going out, when hitting up sports and the lads. I'd say during uni time that'd be 3-4 times a week
>what brand?
Drink lots of real ale mostly. Drink cans of brewdog if not. Diversions into coronas may occur if the weather's great.

>how many
any given night, 2-6
>when
usually start around dinner but closer to noon some weekends
>what brand
bunch of local stuff. I've been partial to Castle Danger and Fulton lately

>How many bottles?
Depends. Am I eating a meal, relaxing alone, or at a party? Anywhere from 1 to 8, with 8 being a party I will only hazily remember and 1 being a nice accompaniment to a meal.
>When?
Usually after noon, but I've started really early in the day while on vacation at a beach.
>What brand?
I drink pretty much whatever is available, but PBR is my go-to for cheap beer. For middle of the road and while traveling, I usually get Blue Moon. For high-end, I go with whatever's local. For me, that's Highland Brewing and Asheville Brewing, from which I enjoy the Oatmeal Porter and Ninja Porter respectively.

i don't drink anymoe because i've decided to stop going to the grocery store, but i like Guinness and other dark beers generally

I don't know but I've been told

>about 6-10 pints
>whenever I'm bored
>doesn't matter as long as it's not an IPA or taste like flowers and isn't less than 5%

Im german so
> 2-3 on a weekday, more on the weekend
>see above
>Kölsch or Weizen (prefered franziskaner kristallweizen)

>>How many bottles?
One or two, sometimes three
>>When?
Long weekends, so every three months or so
>>What brand?
Local craftbrew

i down 2-3 bottles of desperado on fridays at night.

sometimes i drink 300 ml of gin.

bexause i drink so rarely the gin gets me loose and happy.

its good.

dutch / northwest german degenerate detected.

I usually only drink socially, but sometimes I can knock back a few country brewed beers (Karlovačko mostly).

When outside though, I like my good pint of Paulaner Lager - the place I go to has a tap so damn clean it feels like you're drinking honey. Kilkenny is also another personal favorite but not much of it in the country so I have to settle for shit like O'Hara's.

When I used to travel around Germany, I grew a fond taste for Dinkelacker and Flensburger, although Stuttgarter Hofbrau is also incredibly good.

>i don't drink anymoe because i've decided to stop going to the grocery store
the fuck
don't you have bottle shops/liquor stores in your country?

I have a question.

When pouring an unfiltered beer, do you agitate the bottle to include the brewers yeast? Or do you try utmost not to disturb the sediment?

At least a few, preferably.

Sometimes up to 20 bottles at a time.
Shitty light American pisswater beer because it's all I can afford to drink in excessive amounts.
Once or twice a week.

23yo alcoholic. Need help pls.

If I'm drinking something to enjoy, Dragon's Milk or any milk stout.

Most homebrewers that don't have a kegging system and bottle end up with a layer of yeast at the bottom. Most decant leaving behind the residue to have a clear glass. That's what I do, but then I'll drink the dregs from the bottle. That yeast is high in vitamin E.

you're not supposed to drink the yeast, it fucks up the flavor

depends on the beer
I think it fits very well in weizens, makes them seem thicker and taste like a yeasty banana cake

I know drinking the yeast from my shitty homemade alcoholic ginger beer gave me the shits. However I always drink every last drop of beer I've bought and never had the same bum quivers.

stay in your containment thread alkies.

Various forms of crispbread

I said I decanted it into a glass first, then tipped the bottle up to my mouth and drank the dregs, numbnuts. Do you know what "decant" means?

>How many bottles?
Until my mate gets pissy at me
>when?
When my mate can go out
>What brand
A local one called KEO used to work there and get free merch

I usually take like 4 or 5 shots of liqour then ill drink 2 or 4 at the max of some nice craft beer. It helps cut down on my consumption of my expensive liquor and beer. Only do this 1 time a week unless theres a party or something.

Or just whatever shit the party im at has, i dont give a fuck if its free, give me that rolling rock nigga!

Eskimo pussy is mighty cold

Mama and papa were layin' in bed

gotta finish with a head buster or you're wasting your time.

boulevard

>vietnamese OP
>"it ain't me" starts playing

Op here, you forgot the "h" in Minh

there are liquor stores but not many since in IL they can sell beer, wine, and liquor in the grocery stores.

Why is warm beer less bitter than cold beer?

I usually drink most of the yeast behind. Then after I've drunk most of the beer, I mix it with the yeast.

Mama rolled over this is what she said

I drink it with my mouth, after work sometimes, usually something local. Right now I'm drinking pic related and grilling a bunch of tilapia for lunches this week.
It's interesting and pretty refreshing, but nothing I could pound back. I'll be moving on to something else later maybe.

Hu Zhi Min

Grandpa, the war is over, remember? It's 2017 and you're not in the jungle anymore.

i usually drink 333 or beer larue, but i think Huda is best

In Belgium, they serve the beer without the yeast, and the little liquid with the yeast left in a shot glass.

I drink only socially, now. I used to drink about a pint a day, but trying not to be fat.

When I drink with friends, usually 2 to four pints.

I drink leffe and goudale. Sometimes other Belgian ones like maredsous

How can americans even compete?

I drink when I go out, freezing pints of Estrella Galicia or a 1/3 of 1906 (Same brand dif product).

Yeah, Dutch. I bid you moin anyway.

I only drink beer when I'm at a party or a bar seeing a band and don't want to get drunk. For serious drinking, bourbon is the go-to.

>>How many bottles?
When going out up to 10, casual drinking 2-6
>>When?
Sometimes a couple times a week, sometimes just once
>>What brand?
Good:
Hacker pschorr, hofbrau, pilsner urquell, lagunitas hop stoopid

Bad:
PBR, miller high life, special export, grain belt

Hacker Pschorr is briddy gud

It's the only hefeweisen I enjoy. All others taste waaaaay too like banana

Would you drive thirty minutes to buy two bottles of KBS at $5 each?

God, a fresh Pilsner Urquell was a revelation the first time I had it from a keg in NYC.

Got to try Tired Hands brewing this weekend. Their beers are godly.

Also, traders are cancer.

The cans are also good, sadly the bottles are not. Odd, but a very good pilsner.

CBS THIS YEAR SON
ILL DRIVE A FUCKING HOUR AT 4AM FOR A TASTE

I went to tennesee for vacation and brought back a couple cases of yuengling. It's damn tasty and I wish it was available here.

It depends when I get off work. Usually an hour or two after I get home. I typically only drink a couple days a week.

I usually have 2 or 3 but if it's a shitty day I'll have more

>How many bottles?
3-6
>When?
when I finish uni for the day
>What brand?
james boag mostly, but I'll try something new once or twice a month.