What's the point of fast food...

What's the point of fast food? Why would you go eat a mcgriddle from Mcdonalds's that costs 5 bucks when you could go to a local chain/place and get a real burger AND also a side for the same price?

Other urls found in this thread:

nancysbarbq.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Nancys-Dwntwn-Sarasota-Menu-Apr-16.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Convenience and needing to eat on the go.

>Fast food
>Fast
>Go somewhere else
>Not fast
>Fast food
>Fast

Why did you ask a question when the answer is within the question?

I can't order food from a local restaurant and get the food within 2 minutes without stepping out of my car.
That said, I don't really like fast food breakfast and never get it.

Because fast food is when I need food fast because of something unexpected or lack of planning.
Also every other burger here is at least $10+.

>any decent restaurant or local place selling a burger and a side for 5 bucks
Did you travel here from 1991?

It's this.

McDolands only exists because it was a faster, more efficient form of a drive in, same food, different delivery system.

5 is pushing it a little, but I see local bar&grills at $6-7. No drink of course.

Questions like this are how you identify jobless neets with no responsibilities or friends.

Sometimes you just need to have food in as fast as possible without getting out of your car. Of course, it's also become a staple for lazy fucks who just want to eat as much as they can as quickly as they can.

I've got a local BBQ place that is faster and better than fast food. Order a water with your meal and it's the same price or lower than most fast food too. There is also a Greek place that if you call ahead it is only slightly more expensive but you will have two meals for the price of one do tp portion size

People don't like fast food because it's convenient, they like it because they are lazy and God forbid they need to call ahead or get out of their vehicle adding an extra step to shoveling food into their gullets.

That's because barbecue is precooked and waiting to be served in the exact same way fast food is. It's just higher quality, but don't even try to compare prices unless they got a 5$ pulled pork sandwich or something.

I like eating nasty trash that's the same everywhere, OK? Get off my dick. If I had good taste in things I would be on Veeky Forums

Not him but my local place is $8 for a pulled pork sandwich. The service is good and prompt, and everything on the menu is really fucking good. But at the end of the day it's still an $8 sandwich.

nancysbarbq.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Nancys-Dwntwn-Sarasota-Menu-Apr-16.pdf

>5$ pulled pork sandwich
That's pretty much the going rate for them around here. It's $6.50ish for a pulled pork platter. Pulled pork,Texas toast and two sides. No drink tho

It's FOOD!

But it's FAST!!!

No drive thru

>no drink of course
there's the scam folk

Sometimes I want a Filet-o-Fish within 5 minutes and on the cheap.

>whats the point of fast food

For me, its the McChicken.

Anyone ordering a drink at a burger/sandwich place other than water is a fool and a sucker.

>Why would you go eat a mcgriddle from Mcdonalds's that costs 5 bucks when you could go to a local chain/place and get a real burger AND also a side for the same price?
>get a real burger AND also a side for the same price?
>same price

WRONG
I'll be lucky to get such a thing for 4 times the price.

>Convenience and needing to eat on the go.

Learn to plan ahead then and keep an emergency stash of food on your person or in a bag.

In Malaysia, 99% of restaurant food is "fast" due to our stir frying style of cooking. Western style fast food is thus not particularly fast. Believe it or not, KFC, Pizza Hut etc. are seen as more upmarket due to the higher price and western decor compared to local eateries. Also, most KFC and McDs are cleaner than local food stalls though local hygiene standards have risen since the 1980's.

>fish
>cheese

ugh

mcdonald's food is actually pretty good for the price
i could go to a greasy spoon and get a too big, too dense, too greasy, pink slime burger for maybe the same price as a big mac (probably more).. and i wouldn't enjoy it half as much

in fact i went to a chic hipster gastropub kinda place and got the steak tartare and, while it was good tasting, it oddly reminded me of a big mac

I'd be more open to McDonalds if their bread products weren't literal poison. The buns are always the worst thing for you in any fast food burger / sandwich joint. Actual bread is a bitch to make, store, and work with on the scale that these companies operate. Instead they use these chemical compound sugar cakes that never rot, never mold, never decompose, have zero flavor naturally so they load them full of sugar so that they taste palatable.

A McDonalds patty with the cheese, sauce, and toppings isn't inherently bad. The bread is the problem, and the fries are essentially as healthy as skittles.

Ever been on a road trip? Sorry, you're probably to young to have a drivers license. OH WAIT...have you ever had to travel for work? Like fly across the country to have a meeting with a grou....oh....