I thought it was a good price

My dad used to make this shit on the grill and it was god tier. I don't have a grill and I've never prepared one of these. I was thinking about pan searing and then baking. What does user think?

It's called a London broil for a reason user. It'll do just find broiled or roasted in the oven. Give it a nice marinade and baste it plenty.

time and temp?
sear it first or no?

Marinate it for 24 hours if possible. I like to use basalmic vinegar, olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt, black pepper, Worcestershire, and parsley. Poke a few holes in the meat with a toothpick or knife before marinating it. Save the marinade for basting when it's done. For broiling, there is no temp setting to worry about. It just heats the top burners in your oven to max. Use a broiling pan, let it heat up by itself first for 10 minutes. Take it out, put the meat on, set it on the top rack about 4 inches below the burners. Baste with marinade, let it cook 5-8 minutes, flip, baste some more, another 5-8 minutes. Should come out medium-rare. Let it rest 10 minutes, then carve.

thanks ma dood, I'll give this a shot.
I bought three of them. I left one for the next guy, but it was the worst one there

DO NOT ROAST IT

It'll fuck up big time. Get really overdone and dry. Top round is better than bottom round but either way it's a fairly lean and tough cut.

Broiling will work but only because it's analogous to grilling, just, like, upside down.

My preference for london broil is medium high cast iron skillet with canola oil or butter and salt, pepper, and garlic powder, do about 3-4 minutes on each side to develop a nice crust.

Also marinating like said will do great.

Oh and to clarify, I cut the whole london broil into smaller steaks to do this, and sear every side if wide enough.

If the steaks are thick it's smart to get the oven up to 400 to finish the steaks in.

London Broil is the name of the man who invented that cut, you idiot.

thats a pretty good deal... gj op. Sear both sides then bake that in the oven.

I bought 3 of them

Another very good option is to slice it into thin strips, marinate it in a Korean bulgogi or kalbi marinade and either grill it or put it under the broiler. If you marinade for at least 4 hours it will be very tender.

don't listen to the marinadefags, dry rub/herb crusted is where it's at

Did it occur to you that you can do both?

This user is right though, you do want to have the outside of your steak DRY before it hits a hot pan to make the crust

You don't have a grill? You failed your dad. I hope your meat comes out shitty. You deserve it.

First off, my dad failed me.
Secondly, I bought my dad's grill for Father's day, despite his failure as a father.
Thirdly, I, just now, moved back into a place where I can have a grill again. There is no point in getting one before next spring because it is starting to cool down already.

Just from a glance, that piece of meat is not good enough to cook M-R in a pan.

OP should not have spent $20 on 3lbs of cheesesteak meat, and it was total charlatanry to sell it at that price.
OP, cut your losses and do bulgogi, Gyudon, cheesesteak, asada, stroganoff, steak and peppers hoagies, whatever, just focus on a recipe that capitalizes on cheap beef cuz that's what you got, despite paying a lot for it.

Just take it, put it in a slow cooker. Sprinkle a pack of dry au jus sauce on it, then sprinkle a pack of dry ranch mix on it. Put a lid on the cooker, then set it low for 5 hours or until tender!!

>Dry sauce

>$20 for 3lbs of meat
Look at the pic before running your mouth off, you'll look less stupid that way. You're welcome.

Thjis. Knighted even.
Sir Broel of London. Pretty famous in the early 20th century.
A guard who was in charge of the London Towers bridge. Pretty much a tourist stop in London. Tower guards were paid in alcohol at the time (mostly gin) and he changed it to them getting paid mostly in beef. It ended up being lesser cuts of beef and there was a bit of an insurgency over it. Look it up. Read history. Then...
Come and ask for a recipe for a London broil.
Seriously, google can tell you all of this and there are plenty of recipes for this cut.
I think it's pretty commonplace in England to marinate sirloin in gin for 24 hours and then cook it under (or over) high heat.

You made all of that up and I don't even need to google it to recognize a horeshit story when I see it.

Some of it might be anecdotal, but it's very common for British people to marinate their steaks in gin.
It's not at all nonsensical. The alcohol breaks down fibers and the flavors of the gin add flavors.
It's a legitimate thing. I don't need your validation, but I think you should try it at least before deciding.