Al/ck/ - Alcoholism General

Trying to get sober edition.

How are you doing, lads and ladettes?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-acute-withdrawal_syndrome
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In 57 mins I'll be 24hrs sober. Day 1 almost achieved. Don't need to tell you how horrific I feel, and how depressed I am that even if I manage like a week, I'll still relapse and I'll be straight back in the dire depths of hell.

How's the withdrawal? Did you taper?

Good man. Stay strong
If I was religious I'd pray for you bro.

Once it's done with you'll be okay.

But be careful. Down the line you'll be near a liquor store and decide to pick something up. You'll get drunk, it will suck and you'll regret it but you might decide to continue on.

Withdrawal is worse than ever. Every time is worse than the last. I didn't taper, I have £1.11p to my name.
Thanks man. I SO desperately want to leave all of this nightmarish shit behind me forever. I need to be free once and for all.
Yeah know I'm going to relapse. I just fucking know it.
Does NOT help that an immediate family member might be seriously ill.
Fuck me. Life is horrible.

I recommend getting fat. When I relapse I realize what I used to drink isn't enough because I'm so fat. Then I give up and go to sleep and don't try again for a month.

How the fuck do I fall asleep sober?
Im dead tired but cannot relax.

Remember to eat some meat and take your supplements please.

Alcohol is objektivly the most useless and degenerate drug. The only "high" it gives you is poor judgment and the ability to be extra retarded. Why does society allow such degeneracy? Stop making yourselvs retarded.

>just stop!

Mirtazapine.

I stoppped mid drinking to play pokemon.

Pokemon cures drinking.

The people ITT are aware of the ills of alcohol, user. We just got tricked.

Are you pokemonbro from last thread playing fire red? Just started a new game picking charmander but haven't quit drinking

Depending on how long you've been drinking consistently, a few weeks. I kept drinking because of this.. I couldn't handle the shakes, pukes, sore asshole, up for days. Got a walk in clinic somewhere? I've gone there countless times for pills to deal with withdrawals (its probably what you're experiencing.) Comes under a lot of names, but Valium is what you're looking for m8.

An alcohol counsellor once told me to drink strong coffee when in this position, because it wakes you up, gets you a bit more hyper, then you crash back down and the added exhaustion makes it easier to drift off.
Insomnia is indeed though a FUCKING nightmare when you're withdrawing. It'd be so much less painful if I was better rested.

Well you're not alone there, if that is any help.
I just try to listen to some rain on Youtube to relax.

Man, bought a 3DS with Pokemon Omega Ruby and Ocarina of Time a few years ago. I should really get to playing them, but it's just too much effort and I quit out of frustration. A literal fucking Zelda game is too hard and too much a job for me. This is why I became a disgrace.

I almost miss being unemployed, hammering vodka, and playing vidya all day. Almost

Yep. I caught a level 30 dugtrio even though my highest level pokemon is 26.

I ended up listening to purple rain and dancing around the living room.

Alcohol is based you stupid faggot

>no paranoia unlike weed
>you can sleep straight afterwards unlike speed/coke/E's
>you're guaranteed a good buzz no matter the situation or mood unlike shrooms/acid
>you get a nice warm body buzz unlike benzos plus it's harder to black out and go full retard mode

Opi's are the closest competition but they're easier to kill yourself with plus you spew too much on them

>Alcohol is based

As an addendum I'll add that 2CB is almost as good an all around drug as alcohol but it takes too long to kick in and has an uncomfortable come up

Hack it put a 128gb card in it. Fill it with games and sell it for double price. Or ya know just get drunk and play the fucking thing.

Yup I can only play vidya when I'm drunk as fuck now. I hate when someone comes over if I'm just tipsy getting there then they wanna play fkn multi-player. It's not the best life trust.

Noice

If you can't stop, then drinking isn't your thing. Likely nothing is. Stay sober and enjoy life. Some people can drink and be fine. Some over do it and pay the price. Look if you're depressed, get off it sooner than later. It fucking exacerbates depression.

Most of us in these threads have left casual drinking behind a long time ago. There is no warm buzz. There is only a love hate relationship with booze.

>Or ya know just get drunk and play the fucking thing.

Easier to just get drunk and fish for (You)'s on /a/ all day erryday. I can't even force myself to play my guitar I was passionate about for 8 years straight.

>Yup I can only play vidya when I'm drunk as fuck now. I hate when someone comes over if I'm just tipsy getting there then they wanna play fkn multi-player. It's not the best life trust.

Back in my CoD days my roommate would beg to play when I was sober. I'd be shaking like a leaf but start drinking immediately and go sub 1:1 for my first 2-3 games. As I got tipsy into drunk I'd peak at 4 or 5:1 then slowly decay back until I passed out. Fun times.

Damn same I broke a string on my acoustic like 2 year ago and never even picked it up since. EADGBE.
"Every acid dealer gets busted eventually"

Some drugged up busker told me that when I stumbled past him. Made me want to play but now I've got no motivation

That's all people want to play these days I actually enjoy it but only once I'm pretty much blacked out. I'm with pokemonbro it calms me down haha. I'll probably be dead in a few year anyway most of that's gonna be playing fire red getting shit faced. I'm 24 doctors already said liver is done in.

>EADGBE
>"Every acid dealer gets busted eventually"

Lol mind blown. I had some assorted nutso messing around my bicycle infront of the supermarket today going on about being a street musician or some shit. Can't wait for the winter when everyone just fucks off from the streets and stays inside rummaging on their inner businesses.

I'm pretty sure being fat doesn't increase how much it takes to get drunk, it's increasing muscle volume which probably happens as a side effect. It's basically increasing the volume of blood in your body which thereby decreases your blood alcohol content for a given amount of alcohol. Which is why chicks get drunk so easily, low muscle volume.

Perhaps diphenhydramine and a couple marijuanas? I use diphenhydramine as a sleep aid when I fuck up my sleep schedule and need to sleep early to get back on track. Couple that with the right amount of the pot and you'll be knocked the fuck out.

Might want to check if diphenhydramine is fine when you're going through withdrawal since I'm not entirely sure what's going on with your brain chemistry. I'd guess it's fine though based on the neurotransmitters they fuck with.

look into naltrexone. takes away the physical cravings for a lot of people. it has given me the ability to go weeks at a time without drinking. earlier this year i did a month. currently on 21 days sober. before the meds.. no fucking i could go 5 days without drinking.

Bought a pax 2 to switch over to weed from alcohol
About to go pick it up from the post office and can feel an urge to stop to buy alcohol on the way rising in me, fuck.

Anyone use Kratom from a gas station? Local one just started stocking some.

Finances are so ruined that I literally vomit if I even think about it, let alone check my balances and bounced payments.
I'm going to end up homeless.

>Trying to get sober edition.

Fuck off with this AA bullshit.

Don't get that brand. It is ratpoison, my friend died

>doesn't want to stop drinking

Honeymoon phase teenager detected.

Stfu little retarded cocksucker u know shit about me

Looks like he was right on the money

good evening alcoholic friends

Good evening.

Gas station and pipe shop kratom is usually shit. Do some research on YouTube reviews.

Meh. I'm out of beer and having a really wierd withdraw sequence right now. I dunno if I should just drink some Vodka to stave it off or try to cold turkey. The last few cold turkeys have actually gotten pretty scary.

>The last few cold turkeys have actually gotten pretty scary.
Tell us more?

Have you ever pissed your bed, covered in blankets even though it's hot out, sweating/freezing cold every thirty seconds, paranoid, itchy because it feels like bugs are in your skin, heart rate is through the roof, hard to walk - have to hold on to things. Hands/feet clamp up. THE THIRST - water isn't cold enough to quench the thirst. Ice water isn't. Run your tounge under water, it won't work. A few seconds
Later And it's back. The rotting stench coming off you. Pawn your shit for a bottle of vodka. Ever have nightmares while awake? You will swear you hear your name on the breeze because ghosts are coming to get you.

Booze is the cure and the curse.

>About to go pick it up from the post office and can feel an urge to stop to buy alcohol on the way rising in me, fuck.

IT FUCKING HAPPENED NOW I HAVE 2 SIX PACKS OF SAM ADAMS AND WORK IN 12 HOURS FUCK ME

>mfw people ask why I quit drinking and I tell them this

So many times hallucinating and stumbling down to the liquor store, body cramping up, dizzy, about to pass out, can barely lift the bottle onto the counter, struggling to get the change out of my pockets to pay for it, etc

Fuck. That.

You don't drink thAt before/during work?

The thirst is annoying as hell. No matter how much water I drink, it makes zero difference. Just a few pints of strong cider though and even though it's a diuretic, the thirst has fucked off.

Man so much of this shit is very relatable but then you guys add stuff like pissing in your bed and I wonder just how close/far I am from it.

I think that depends on the person. Even at my worst, drinking a handle of vodka and a 12 pack of beer a day, I never pissed or shit myself. Hell, I never really puked, either.

Normally it's when I switch to beer that makes me piss. Vodka makes me seizure. Anyone else switch to drugs? Ive been snorting meth every couple weeks. Did 3pills and 4 MDMA last Saturday night. Was up for two days. Saw a bat crawl up my wall, jaw is still sore.

It was ok. I miss booze to be honest.

>tfw too tired to drink

If you're going to switch drugs choose safer ones please

Cutting carbs, so I mostly stick to weed which is a real bitch too because nothing makes fasting more fun than having mad munchies.

Fuck never mind. I can literally feel the brain damage happening. The pressure is intense mostly in the frontal lobe and behind my left eye. The sides tingle. Almost pleasantly.

The problem is my kidneys and liver are starting to hurt pretty bad. That's always been a thing that gets me to stop drinking. I'm just sitting here starting at my drink and cursing existence.

what's that like?

somehow I always find the energy

This is apparently dependent on whether or not you have a particular genetic mutation. This mutation is most common in whites and asians and pretty much nonexistent in blacks. Seems pretty effective though if you have the mutation. I suppose if you have a drinking problem then you probably do have the mutation.

i made a thread a week ago saying im trying spiced rum for the first time, im absolutely hooked on it now, i refuse to have soda that doesn't have atleast 2 oz of captain morgain in it.

On the topic of medication, I recently got diagnosed with ADD and am taking methylphenidate (concerta along with instant release as needed) and it's eliminated my cravings for alcohol while in my system. I just take an instant after the extended release wears off if I don't intend to drink that evening. I assume that due to my ADD I tend to instinctually want to consume dopaminergic substances (alcohol, nicotine, opioids, benzodiazipines, amphetamines, c-c-c-c-c-cocaine, etc...) to sort of treat my low dopamine levels. As soon as I started the medication my cravings for pretty much all of these things just up and left. I don't feel the need to start drinking a few hours after I wake up. I can actually manage to wait until the late evening to have 1-2 beers after my medication wears off, without binging heavily to compensate for waiting that long between drinks.

That or perhaps my new dopaminergic substance just stimulates the reward pathways consistently at the level I was accustomed to after years of moderate to heavy substance use, meaning I don't need to consume anything to get myself back to that level.

I'm pretty sure heavy drinking is quite common among people with ADD so it's worth considering if you desire to quit and stay having quit. You can't drink on it though since alcohol potentiates methylphenidate. Also, the symptoms of ADD are probably not what you think, since people tend to confuse it with the hyperactivity bit that some people have.

>cpt morgan
Get on the Kilo Kai bus, you scrub. It only costs a shade more than CM, but it's so much better.

ALL OPS: Post the link to the old thread.
Old thread:

So, I've been wanting to try meme drinks for awhile and I thought back on Four Loko which I guess was the craze in 2009/2010. These drinks actual caused blackouts among people? Fucking weak. It tastes just like any other energy drink.

that's because back in 2009/2010 it was packed full of caffeine as well. Pretty sure it had the equivalent of a redbull inside each one. Which was mainly the cause of dumbass teens drinking them, and not feeling as drunk due to the caffeine so they would keep drinking more.

Now since the company got sued to hell and back they can no longer add any caffeine to the drinks.

Two of them back when they had caffeine after getting home from the bars was pretty gnarly. I managed to vomit in my sleep after having ahi tuna for dinner and a night of rum and cokes which was topped off with 2 watermelon 4 lokos...by far the worst smelling vomit of my career.

Several years ago the govt cracked down on them and they were forced to remove the "energy blend". So now it's just flavored 12% malt liquor--no caffeine, no bull semen or whateverthefuckelse was in the good shit. I still miss Sparks Black.

Damn, wish I could have tried it back when it had caffeine. ah well, it still pretty tasty from time to time. makes for a good buzz.

>it still pretty tasty from time to time
clearly we're talking about a different Four Loko

You could prolly find the original amount caffeine and just sub it and get the same effect.

Sparks might still exist. Haven't seen it in years, but in my early 20s the Sunday afternoon ritual before a multi-hour drive home from a weekend outdoor EDM festival was to grab a Sparks Black, pound them before we hit the freeway, and toss the empties on the freeway entrance ramp.

You must not live in New York. Summer brings out the criminals, winter brings out the crackheads and crazies.

But then it wouldn't have the taurine, ginseng and other misc herbal shit in it.

Dont remember that being in there but its been a while. Just throwing out ideas.

Just mix any energy drink with vodka for the same effect

over 4 months sober now. everything is better on this side. any anons struggling out there, you can do this!

You're not wrong. It's not as if any of that herbal energy blend shit really matters when you're pounding 24oz of malt liquor. Caffeine was the only effective component of the energy blend.

Is Smirnoff dead?

>be sober for a short while
>once WD gtfo, hyper boredom sets in
>search high and low for any kind of hobby to keep me occupied, no real booze cravings, desperate to never drink again, desperate for something to do to keep me occupied and sober
>can't find shit
>eventually settle on a shitload of home brewing kit
I think I'm literally retarded.

This made me chuckle out loud. :)

Sparks was the early point of my boozing career. Haven't thought about that stuff in ages, can taste the sprightly flavor rn lol.

God I fucking hate living in a city. Only 3 more years.

What did you do for fun before you started drinking?

Curious for alcoholic anons. My dad quit drinking lately from what my mom told me, (I don't live with them anymore). He's been a drinker since before I was even born. Supposedly he feels like shit now that he's quit. Is it true if you quit booze you feel like shit? Thanks.

Played with lego, went to school and watched cartoons.

YES.
You feel like a huge part of your life is lost. Nothing is fun. Also, look into PAWS.

PAWS?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-acute-withdrawal_syndrome

Huh. I just know he stopped drinking because my younger brother who still lives with em lashed out at my dad and they supposedly fought. From what my mom's told me, this is what made him realize to put the bottle down.

>thought I was out of booze, at barely a buzz at a 11pm
>found two Old Chub beers from my craft brew phase, buried way back in my fridge, from 2015

I cracked one and tested it.

It tastes the same as it did 2 years ago. I'm thoroughly impressed by their sanitation quality standards. Sipping an 8% beer to cap my night off, after 4 beers at the bar, and quite a few gin and tonics at home playing CS:GO.

Melatonin and Magnesium two hours before sleep.

So serious question

I graduated college a year ago. I did my fair share of chugging beers, retarded amounts of shots, chugging beers at home alone every night, downing liquor at home alone, everything.

Is Alcohol poisoning and death a meme? I've been really fucked up before, but my body was completely capable of cutting me off and puking up what it wanted to. Seriously, what the fuck do these frat kids do to make themselves DIE of alcohol poisoning? Jesus Christ. I tallied up 30 shots worth of booze one night drinking alone, years ago, when I was barely drinking alone.

It's inexperienced kids downing shot after shot before their body can catch up and they pass out so hard that they choke on their vomit. Al/ck/s don't get alcohol poisoning.

As an al/ck/oholic, I actually did get fucked up enough to throw up in bed, probably like 4 years ago.

I puked, rolled onto my side in my delirium, and went back to sleep. Fucking normies.

I've drunk all 10 of my cans, 500ml 5%, and I barely feel anything besides slightly slower reflexes. Feels shit. Sometimes I feel a buzz after one or two drinks.

>parents home today
>need to chug a few beers on the way home from the store
>parents are really pissy about my drinking
can't wait to get out of here already