Walmart

Why does it seem (IMO) that Walmart has the weirdest, out there products? A lot of stuff I see there I don't see in other super markets.

I thought that it was crazy hard to get into Walmart due to low prices.

Pic related

It's also the only place that has the chocolate sugar cookie Pop tarts from what I know.

Another burger thing

Companies test product in certain areas but want the broadest base of consumer so Walmart does.

>general mills
>kelloggs

>out there products

u wut m8

visit a grocery outlet store sometime. they have the really weird stuff.

A ice cream coco puffs seems odd to me. I normally don't go to Walmart for food.

Wow

Walmart definitely has the best variety of cereals. I get Cinnabon cereal from there.

You can't have a disgusting/weird Wal Mart store brand thread without mention Tropickles.

It's exactly what it looks like. Pickles in fruit punch.

This has been a thing for a while, though I've known them as kool pickles

I saw that too. Seemed itd be overall sweet like cinnamon toast crunch

a couple of reasons

if a company wants to stock a product at walmart, they basically have to agree to lose money. there’s basically no negotiating the price walmart gives you and you can be certain they’ve studied every scenario to ensure they come out on top of the deal

because walmart is so huge and homogenous, it’s the perfect place for companies to experiment and measure sales. walmart never has trouble moving product because everyone shopping there is on food stamps

The other thing with size is that they're one of the few non-regional grocery chains. If something isn't a thing in your area, your local place isn't going to buy several pallets they won't sell, but Walmart can send in a case or two to experiment more freely.

>all those cheap boxes of old Trix looking for a home
M-MUH

icecream cocopuffs are 1 gross, 2 smaller than the normal puffs, 3 aren't even slightly reminiscent of icecream
one of the bigger letdowns of my career

I'm sure in some areas Walmart is the cheap option but, where I live it's one of the pricey grocery shopping options, actually. Winco and Stater Bros are cheaper in my experience.

I miss having a Grocery Outlet. For those of you who may not be familiar with how Grocery Outlet works it's essentially a store where overstock/products that not sell that well at other stores goes to that place so, as I remember it anyway, you'd see 'limited editon' and promotional tie-ins candy, snacks, cereal, etc. from like, for example, 3 or 5 years ago there.

Wyngz*

*CONTAINS NO WING MEAT

This image is literally the perfect representation of flyover states

It really is. IHOP is sort of the halo brand for flyover.

The owners of IHOP and apple bees were quoted as saying that apple bees rebranding to engage millenials had confused their core demographic of what they call "middle-Americans.". Literally, they were admitting that new and exciting "millenial" cuisine was confusing and off putting for their customers, which they admit are fly-over cucks like the people in that photo. It was a terrific article. They are closing a bunch of locations too. Turns out flyover cucks dont have any money.

What is/was Applebee's idea of "millennial" menu items? I imagine them giving long, contrived titles to most things.

They tried something called "pub diet" which was healthier food with quinoa and whole grains. These dishes were higher in protein and fiber.

They have abandoned that in search of making their core demographic happy again. I present to you, the chicken breast with new marinara mozzarella stick topper.

They know what flyover cucks want.

What I find ironic here is that management must have been completely missing the point. Milennials don't avoid those kinds of restaurants because of the menu selection, they avoid them for one of two reasons:
1) They're spergs and can't handle the social interaction
or
2) They're unhappy with the realization that these places don't do any actual cooking and just reheat premade food to order.

Simply adding a "pub diet" or avocado toast to the menu isn't going to help one bit.

>Neopets Islandberry Crunch

Why the hell would I go to Applebee's looking for health food? The only reason I would go there at all is if everyone else was going and I didn't care.

There are too many other better options nowadays even in cities in flyoverland. People forget that places like Applebees arose in a barren desert wasteland of restaurant options when boomer's were in their 20's and 30's. It was a unique experience. The millenial has grown up in an age where food trucks far surpass these places in food quality and variety. They also quickly sense pandering to a pop trend with a lifeless copycats instead of creativity.

>2) They're unhappy with the realization that these places don't do any actual cooking and just reheat premade food to order.
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!
If I'm going to pay to eat out and it not be from scratch, I'll go to some hole-in-the-wall Chinese buffet or Golden Corral where at least the margins on re-heated SysCo products are reasonable.

TWOOO SCOOOPS RUNHAL ZROMPFY?!?!?!

>neopets cereal

For all the talk about flyovers, places like Applebee's have always been a joke in flyoverland. Unless you're literally in the middle of nowhere with dining options that consisted of a rundown fast food franchise or gas station pizza they were always seen as inferior to local places or even buffets.

I would assume Wal-Mart is going to be first for any crazy as hell branded / white label products.

General Mills doesn't care if the cereal isn't a keeper, they have facings to fill.

Wanna try that again champ? I feel like there's a good post in the background of this disaster

This is what you flyovers want to believe so you can stop being the laughing stock of the country, but there are thousands of profitable apple bees locations across "middle America". Its been that way for decades. You fuckers are out there eating this shit unironically day after day. You can't lie to us. Remember, the liberal elite are smarter than you. We know when you're lying.

I wonder if they've considered making a better product for a cheaper price. It seems to work for EVERYFUCKKINGBODYELSE. Unless they can't, of course. In which case, they are destined to and will ultimately fail. The thing about getting money from other people is OFFERING THEM A SERVICE OR PRODUCT THEY ARE WILING TO PAY FOR AT A PRICE ABOVE YOUR COST.

>Neopets Islandberry Crunch

What went wrong?

And the liberal elite will be the first to starve without the corn fields.

Why would I starve without the corn fields? Barely anything I eat directly contains corn. Barely anything I eat is fed stuff that contains corn. That must be really hard for you to process.