I have a challenge:

I have a challenge:

Need to bring picnic food to the beach for 2

>only 15 dollars
>no red meat, no fried meat, and no cold cut meat. Can only use chicken breast
>easy-to-eat and hold meal

I am stumped.

All I can think of is guacamole and chips for a snack. But I need a lunch time meal.

>no cold cut meat

What have you gotten yourself into?

Having a date with my SO. I want to make a nice lunch for us to eat on the beach. SO has gout and is practically a forced vegetarian (other than chicken breast)

Fruit, pbj or blt, and some chips. Don't forget to bring water.

(sorry for the double post)
You could make a caprese salad too, get some protein in the mozzarella and it would be really refreshing.

I thought of pb and j's but that is a sad ass meal for a beach date for two.

>blt
>bacon
>can't use bacon

Only thing is buying the mozerella alone would be about 5 dollars, that's 1/3 of my budget.

I'd make chicken salad sandwiches or some kind of wraps

>SO has gout
How fucking fat is your top

Poor guy, eat a salad with grilled chicken.

I can add what I have in my kitchen that could be related:

>chicken breast
>onion
>corn tortillas (could fry these and make my own chips)
>fresh pico de gallo (was thinking to buy avocados and make guac out of this)
>shredded cheese
>goat cheese
>mayo, mustard, other condiments
>carrots
>potatoes

He was overweight about 8 years ago, but he's lost like 50 pounds since then and kept it off, even quit drinking, and he still gets gout after just an average serving of a fattier red meat.

It's really sad because he was diagnosed when he was only 22. A ton of his family members have it. Doctors said it was likely genetic.

>no fried meat
But other fried stuff is fine?
Fry green peppers, onions and add cheese. Cook beans and put them on tortillas with this.

That's a good fucking idea. As I was typing it out, I did think of chicken salad. Never made it before, but I have good cooking skills. Any recipes to share?

And add chicken and pico.

How good do you think it would keep? I can just imagine driving to the beach, and by the time we get there, anything fried will lose it's crispy texture.

Go for a cooler to bring along and get an aluminum pan and bring butter. Metal grilling stakes are also 4/1$ at family dollar.

Find somewhere to build a fire.
Grill your food on the stakes or use the stakes to set up a quad that'll hold the pan over the fire, probably take 8 of them and metal wire.

Insert grilled food into tortillas. How can you not want to go out of your way slightly to eat tacos?

That's a good idea too, thanks

Tacos.

Chicken mayo sandwiches or similar, chips with dip, some kind of fancy drink.

This made me think of making a fish ceviche. He can have certain fish and it can keep fresh in a cooler

Why are there always retards who recommend foods that don't transport well and spoil easily for a picnic? Mayo? Potato salad? Cole slaw? It's like you want to get people sick.

Or catch it. Or just use the chicken.

Easy OP, chicken salad sandwich, some crackers, maybe some celery and carrots with a dip like ranch....done.

Don't forget napkins or a bag for garbage, that's a rookie mistake.

Get a good bread and make sandwiches with the chicken breats. Don't use too much vegetables so it doesn't turn qatery. Don't put the sauces or spreads until you are gonna eat them so the bread doesn't get soggy. Wrap them in thinfoil with the shiny part facing out.

Cherry or grape tomatoes, they are a good healthy snack. I eat these things directly from the package as if they were candy. Not sure about their price tho.

Caesar chicken salad wraps.

Caesar dressing, romaine lettuce, tortilla, chicken.

burrito with roast chicken mixed in to the rice

Chicken breast, cut it up and let it cool down
Pasta, run it under a cold tap to cool down
Spring onions
Basil
Cherry tomatoes
Mayonnaise
Whole grain mustard
Honey

Mix all this together

Alright guys, back from the store.

I got apples, cucumbers, limes, and avocados. That was all cheap, so I splurged on some croissants too.

Gonna make a chicken breast salad with a little apples and cucumber and a bit of goat cheese for tang and stuff it in the croissant.

Gonna make some gauc with the pico de gallo I had and make my own tortilla chips.

Thank you all for the ideas.

How does a normal, healthy person get gout in the current year? Unless she is a ham beast

>no cold cuts cuz muh cannibalism

I have no idea. I mean, he used to drink a lot. He's 29 now. 150 pounds or so, so he's not overweight. He was when he was diagnosed, but as I said, he lost all the weight and that was nearly 7 years ago. on 4th of July he had two hot links after not having a gout attack for over a year (and eating red meat maybe once a week). But he's had a swollen knee for over a month now despite eating mostly vegetarian. It just hasn't gone away.

I just eat his gout diet with him so I'm not scarfing down red meats while he can't.

We aren't fucking creepy vegetarian/vegan people.

Are you a faggot or a grill?

Gout is caused by excessive buildup of uric acid in 60% of cases genetics are the determinate. In 12% of cases it's the result of excessive alcohol consumption. The rest are accounted for by obesity and an underlying chronic ailment that causes an inability to process uric acid.

Since OP's SO resolved the obesity issue I'm guessing it's an undisclosed chronic metabolic malfunction in one of the primary organs that routinely eliminates uric acid and (he, she, it) is refusing to disclose the truth for fear of impact to the relationship. Quite common really.

tl;dr SO has a longterm chronic illness that will impact lifestyle.

>refusing to disclose the truth for fear of impact to the relationship

No doctor has ever told him why he has gout. That's why I don't know what to say. Even the doctors tell my boyfriend, "Wow you're the youngest person I know with gout!" and "How the hell do you have gout?" We've heard it all.

I just assume genetics because his dad and several uncles from both sides of the family have it, his dad has been a really thin guy for all his life and still got it.

Does it even matter at this point? I dont even know which one is worse to be on Veeky Forums.

Bruschetta on toast.
Avocado and Bacon sandwiches.
Prawns and avocado sandwiches.
Chicken salad
Chicken and salad sandwiches
Chicken avocado salad