Do you ever go out to eat alone? When, if ever, is it acceptable?

Do you ever go out to eat alone? When, if ever, is it acceptable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fwRlPrbi3Tc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have no choice. Just use my phone. Better than the olden days of yesteryear when one had to stare at the walls

I can't because I don't have a car or a license so if I do decide to go out my mom or dad drive me places and will eat with me.

I do it when I'm on business trips, or if I simply get a craving for a specific food and my wife isn't home and my friends aren't around.

Why would it ever be unacceptable? You're not some socially inept gimp who cares worries about what other people think, are you?

Nobody gives a shit if you eat out alone.

I bring my pet falcon when I want to go eat alone, this way I don't have to sit in the singles section and feel like there's a cloud of shame hanging over me for the entire meal.

Singles section is so embarrassing.

If I travel, then yeah. My partner works overnights so if she is asleep I'll sometimes go out alone. Not because I want to be alone but because I want her to have the opportunity to sleep and I make SIGNIFICANT noise when I cook that could wake her up. It doesn't bother me at all though...in fact I find it kind of liberating.

Fast food, breakfast lunch and coffee shop ish places I can go into. I struggle to go into busy places, high end independent places, places at dinner, places for sunday lunch or other events.

If it's a restaurant with the choice of bar or tables take the bar

>Do you ever go out to eat alone?
All the time.

I have no friends or family so it's always just me. I go to a lot of the same places, and live in a very vibrant city, so the waiters and hostesses all recognize me as the autist that comes alone. It's embarrassing but I like a good meal and I'm often too tired to make one myself.

Oh and my saddest moment was when I accidentally told a waitress it was my birthday and they gave me a cupcake with a candle on it. So I was in this busy restaurant sitting alone at a two top with a cupcake and candle burning. Thankfully it wasn't a tacky enough place to sign, but the people next to me wished me a happy birthday.

I cried that night.

I go out to eat alone all the time. Yesterday I was sitting at the bar eating wings and drinking beer and talking to the closest things I can call friends on a discord I frequent. I go during the slow time to eat, so around 4 most times.

I work until like 5-6, so often stop on my way home like around 6:30-7. Most people eat a bit later here but by the time I'm done places can be pretty crowded. I probably eat out 3-4 times a week. I used to sit at the bar but I prefer to sit in a chair and have a real waiter, especially since it costs the same and I only drink like one beer a night.

Yesterday I was thinking about sitting at one of those high top tables in the bar area. The bar was kinda crowded and too many blacks, but I ended up sitting between them. Mainly I wanted to be at a table because the discord post lewd anime shit and I don't think anyone should have to glance over and happen to see it cause some loser likes to chat about that shit. I think I'll try out a table next time.

>I cried that night

very rarely have meals alone so I love it. Here's some advice, no one fucking cares about you enough to wonder why you're eating by yourself

I unironically do care/wonder when I see it. Business people are easy to spot, but otherwise I wonder if they are autists or what the story is.

>I cried that night.
i love it

High top tables are the worst. I find them uncomfortable and if you are worried about what is on your screen, those are just about as bad as a bar. For sure try a table. At a table at least you get some separation even if it's a place that has close tables. You're paying the same price anyways, might as well get full table service.

:o(

Often, it's common here and quite frankly I love it. After some time I get to know the staff, they know what I like and always give me little perks.

People can sense loneliness out of choice vs because you don't have anyone to eat with. Having been a waiter at some nice establishments it's very transparent.

What do the waiters think of the people like me who just don't have anyone to eat with?

All the time. Why do you think the QT waitress is standing there talking to me while you wait on your food.

because she wants a good tip, figuring you'll overtip to get in her pants?

Kek

Smile = tip

It better not be. I plan on swinging by Pinchers at happy hour and emptying their stock of oysters.

i usually only go to coffee shops and eat alone there. the restaurants and stuff all have no singles policies

I tip 20% across the board, unless I get bad service. So I don't think that's why. I think it's because I'm 30 and 20 something waitresses with Daddy issues find that appealing.

It's not like you're going to the movies, eating alone is fairly normal.
Unless it's really crowded and I'm taking up a 4 seat table, then it's pretty awkward

Well, I can't say they are wrong.

/thread

A male eating alone barely registers in anyone's brain if at all. A female eating alone otoh, rightly or wrongly, screams I'm willing to lay anything with 3 legs that talks to me tonight.

waiter here. sometimes this is true, but often they are on a whatsapp or text messaging their boyfriend.

No, I just carry out and eat alone in the privacy of my room so I can browse Veeky Forums and pretend I'm eating with other people haha

wew

>waiter with inside info

So do you send out bait to see if it's the former? I would think you must nail a fair number of them since waiters are generally decent looking and in reasonable shape.

Not him. I used to work in a warehouse stocking furniture when I was 19. The manager was a total bro, and he would get on the intercom and say I was needed up front. He did that because there was a hotty on the floor and we would check her out together.

I had a pickup so if they needed something small delivered like a bed or something I'd charm them and say I'd deliver it after work for free. Saved them $75, and I slept with a few. However, I'm an anonymous with a heart so I also did it for single moms and elderly people who were kind.

I seldom go eat alone, but it tends to be on those days when I want some time for myself, eat delicious food without having to cook and just enjoy solitude. I always bring a book or my kindle with me though, and then I read for a couple of hours while enjoying food and drinks. People might find it strange but I quite enjoy it

>also did it for [...] elderly people who were kind.
you fucked grandma too?

Granny needs luvin too user.

i travel for work constantly so i eat alone often

if im with coworkers i will eat with them for sure

sometimes i take it back to the hotel but i dont mind just browsing my phone at a restaurant sometimes

going to the movies alone seems far more acceptable than doing what is typically considered sociable activity. its not as if youre going to be talking to or looking at your partner while watching a movie in a darkly lit theater.

pro tip: go to one of those dine-in theaters alone.

There's this one ramen place in Japan where you sit in a closed off booth for one and they serve you through this slot where you literally can't see your server. There's also no tipping allowed.

Yeah... That sounds like you're about to get bukkaked. Or a Japanese gameshow, where you're about to get bukkaked.

found a video on it

youtube.com/watch?v=fwRlPrbi3Tc

We have pity and sympathy so long as you aren't creepy or weird in a potentially worrisome way.

I always eat alone because of the huge amounts I consume.

t. fatty

Pic semi related, but no I don't tend to go out alone despite having some pretty decent restaurants close to where I live.