What do you eat when you're depressed Veeky Forums?

What do you eat when you're depressed Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-vFOTwedMr4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oh, you mean life?

Drugs and alcohol, in self-respecting amounts.

Chips and other salty snacks.

>I eat because I'm unhappy, I'm unhappy because I eat. It's a vicious cycle.

pussy, dwi

i used to eat a ton of junk food when i was not feeling great, but lately i've been eating normal stuff, but very little of it.

Crush a sixer in an hour and eating a block of Parmesan cheese, preferably while naked.

ice cream while watching a comfy flick

interesting answers
anyone here can't taste food properly when feeling down? I feel like i'm just putting it in my mouth because I have to and I don't care about the taste..

That is precisely the point where you should eat healthily, cuz it won't taste as good as a salty grease bomb anyway.

id eat anything that makes me happy and feel comfy
For a period of time id take a walk to the store and get pop tarts and a redbull. id eat that feeling really happy. But I also felt so hollow, but for some reason i have no regrets. I think the pop tarts and redbull helped me get over things.

i think that's how i felt yesterday. at a certain level, i just don't care how it tastes or whether its good or whatever else. i just don't care.

I eat very little and hope that someone notices and asks if I'm ok

Depression is a long term thing. You mean you get sad once in awhile.

Technically everything I eat is depression food, or PTSD food to be more precise. Even that's bullshit, just because 1 doctors opinion in a 45 minute session allowed him to claim I have PTSD.

youtube.com/watch?v=-vFOTwedMr4

yes i get sad when i let it in. but most of the times i let my ego tell me that i should be happy.

How many months back are you?

I don't eat when I'm depressed.

A big fat smelly cock haha lol

I either don't really get depressed or I don't openly acknowledge that I am. Anyway if I'm having an "off day" it's grilled cheese and tomato soup. I'm not hating on people with legit depression, but they're all faggots.

at the same time I try to hide it and hope that they can tell I'm trying to hide it so that they're really like "woah this dude is deeply sad"

You mean until the VA payed me?

I like making a lot of extra cheesy quesadillas, into the doubly digits and dip it into a giant tub of sour cream.

I meant from deployment. Fuck docs, it's not depression, but (forgetting the actual term, to arsed to look it up right now, but same as addicts who are getting straight) it's the inability to feel pleasure like you used to. It gets easier, but readjustment takes a while.

I'm going to go drink and play vidja with my brother, so lost connection right now I s'pose.

chinese food

not him and not a vet but how do you stop obsessing over going back to how your brain used to be?

you are literally me..

So simple it's stupid, but two words: Get. Busy.

mostly alcohol but in general everything i eat is while i'm depressed

fuck me. thanks bro

Sometimes I don't eat, like I want to eat something but I just can't. It's like I try to eat but it upsets my stomach, so I just sit down all day and think about crap that'll hopefully make me feel better if I eat it. When I do eat it's usually something sweet like chocolate or a fruity flavored candy that sort of stuff. Sometimes I like to eat real fruit/berries tho but it's not common enough. Every once in a while I crave something salty as well like potato chips.
Why are we like this?

1 large two topping pizza and 10 wings. Local pizza delivery deal for 23 bucks. Eat it all in one evening and want to die even more as I can feel it expanding my already gross skinnyfat belly. I want to die.

Yup, just gotta fill those gaps..

I finally went to the VA because my boys told me I should. So I finally went and told them I was depressed.

Then the doctor asks me what I did overseas. I was Marine Infantry. Tell him the few times I got shot at by both bullets and RPG's, the kids I watched die in front of me, the 1 guy I shot in 2 deployments. Next thing I know he's telling me my depression is actually PTSD. I argued with him, I said it's just normal depression. He said no way, it's gotta be PTSD.

Long story short 5 months later $20,000 was deposited into my bank account. The government pays me 60% disability for my "PTSD" and my fucked up back. Again, I say there's nothing wrong with me. But the government says different, so whatever, I'll take your gimme dats. I haven't spent a dime, it goes into an account set up for my daughters college fund.

Thanks for reading my blog. But for real if you read all that thanks, I don't post personal stuff that often.

Fucking faggot blogshitter

Although I did read it and am sorry that happened to you, user.

I was depressed for over a year and seriously gave no single shit about what I ate, so long as I could concentrate on what I was gonna eat and how the food made me feel distracted and satisfied.

Sometimes I would cook for myself and eat massive portions, but most of the time I was too mentally exhausted after I came home from work to cook. And unfortunately I have too many accessible fast food options within a mile radius as well.
I think this was my worst day:
>wake up around lunchtime
>go over to Chick fil a
>order value meal with large coke
>drive to Burger King
>order Whopper and accidentally tell the rep that I wanted the meal so I get another order of fries
>go home and binge all the food for lunch
>pray for some more time off work, get the whole shift off
>dinnertime
>go to Publix
>get a gallon of whole milk and a container or two of sushi
>go back home and binge
>late night and hungry out of boredom
>go to Wendy's and order another combo meal and a large coke

Probably 4-5k in calories at the least.
Gained close to 60 pounds in just that year, wanted to die.
Envious of people who are the opposite and don't want to eat a thing and smoke when they're depressed.

As Marine Infantry, guess you get what you signed up for. Not to make light of your situation, but you knew you were going to be the point of the spear (albeit maybe at the time not entirely cognizant of what it all entailed). And you got out alive after your two tours, guess it's time to pick up the pieces.

Great on the bennies, but hope you actually get a career going, as to not fritter away your time dwelling and self-medicating.

>Alright, now I'm going to go drink and play vidja games. Good talk.

I'm the pizza and wings guy ITT. I've done similar to this to. Fuck I hate my broken brain.

My weight loss/gain comes in cycles.

I have 2-3 'good' years where I buckle down and eat better, exercise, and lose a fuckton of weight. Yet all the while I still hate myself and know people still judge me despite all the progress.
Ex. 2013-2015 lost 90 pounds

Then I have some kind of transition in life (ie. demoralizing, sedentary job that consumes my day), that I can't fucking handle and all my progress gets thrown out the door.
Ex. Gained back 100 pounds between late 2015-present.
My weight only leveled off towards the end of 2016 because I saw my primary for awhile and took some anxiety meds and uppers just to stabilize.
I'm going to look horrible for my mate's wedding in October and I want to die.
I'm considering gastric bypass, because this has been my life for forever and I'm sick of it.

Thanks
You're absolutely right. I knew I was signing up for war. But also, you have no fucking concept of what war is really like. So you don't know what you signed up for too.

All you got is the movie Full Metal Jacket and an idea. Then it's 4 years of the suck. Like I said I feel normal. The /b/tard who went to war in 2006.

I need y'all to tell me I don't need to go get pop tarts and red bull.

don't
think of the outcome..

also do deep breaths and drink water

Alcohol. A slightly larger amount of junkfood.

i didnt do it. the worst part is over but the night is still young

good for you user!
sugar is evil

Lol I'm always cycling in and out of different levels of depression. Seems to happen on a roughly biweekly schedule of working myself into the ground for about two-three days and then spending the next 10 days crying in bed. I can't get anything done at all.

I keep gaining and dropping weight on the order of ~20 pounds every two weeks.

Wasn't so bad before, but lately (the past year) it's gone between being unable to taste anything except extreme amounts of sour/salty (sweet/bitter go out the window completely) and being able to barely taste everything.

Understandably I go for salty sour things when my taste buds are rebelling, so I eat a large bag of Takis. I also go and drink the most sugary soda, so I pick up either Dr pepper or Coke or cherry coke. Not diet of course. I also go and eat out at the cheapest restaurant I can find that won't kill me via food allergies. Or if I'm feeling particularly bad I might go for something I know I'm allergic to. I don't get full blown anaphylaxis so I just feel like shit for the next couple days.

Also occasionally go out and get double espressos but they can make me panic and make my sleeping worse. I also drink whatever alcohol I can get my hands on and get as high as possible without panicking or focusing on how sad I am. I occasionally smoke cigarettes as well when I'm feeling more self destructive.

thanks user. my body has been reacting worse to my junk habits and im finally starting to think its either stop now or lose my toes.

exactly! you just have to quit for a while and then you will feel much better and you would be so thankful you did it trust me

>tfw slightly bulemic anyway so it doesn't matter what I'd eat

I have a pretty rote diet ftmp and never found eating alleviated low mood anyway so just get drunk instead

Salty junk food. I wish I was one of the people who lost weight during an episode instead of gaining.

some nice pudding or such. candy. chocolate. fruits. do sports. dont masturbate to much. keep your head up.

I've learned a couple of years ago that keystone habbits keep me sane and functioning when I'm going through hard times.

So when I feel bad I hit the gym more often allowing me to eat a lot more meat. Meat makes me happy

i hope you overdose, you repulsive smackhead. you're the reason 6 people i knew died this year. fucking disgusting degenerate.
fuck you for empathizing with a streetrat

unsalted nuts and energy drinks

Pic related and honey buns

You live in the metro Atlanta area?

Being a programmer is shit. The pay's good enough for what I have to do(7 hours of browsing the internet, 1 hour of work), but it's so draining and soulless. Sometimes I wonder if I'd have more fun just working in a restaurant. I spend most of my time just thinking of all the different foods I'd like to try but can't try most of them because being an office worker has me being sedentary and I don't wanna get fat.

try up some new hobbies user
or maybe old things that you wanted to do but never did

Beer mostly.

It depends on how strong it is I guess
I had a massive depression and I got a job because I thought that having a job and being outside would help
Instead I used to sit at the Subway stop after work for an hour each day looking at the rails and thinking of jumping.
I kept that job around a year I think and it was absolute hell

yes but i also get short periods of enjoying one particular item immensely.