I cooked a whole lot of elbow pasta?

I cooked a whole lot of elbow pasta?

What should I do with it to create a tasty dish?

Too late now, OP. You should have asked that question before you cooked it so you could time everything being done all at once. Now your pasta is going to sit there and get nasty while you're still cooking.

be sad because before you have anything good ready the pasta will be cold

add mayonnaise and peas, enjoy your pasta salad.

Don't listen to these guys; the pasta's going to get cold, yes, but you have to leave pasta out after cooking anyway in order for it to dry out and not get mushy. Make a nice hot pasta sauce and mix it back in, then serve immediately.

why not just microwave it so it gets hot again

Baking dish
Milk in
Noodles in
Butter and Cheese in
Do this for several layers, ending with cheese of course, and bake for an hour at 400.

>I cooked a whole lot of elbow pasta?

I don't know, fucking did you?

put some mayonnaise in it and pour yourself a tall glass of milk if it's too spicy for you

why is it called elbow pasta?

leave it to go completely cold. add canned tuna, sweetcorn, peas, mayo, and salt & pepper.

trying to be a hipster cosmopolitan

If i have a bunch of leftover macaroni i usually make a Swedish macaroni casserole called makaronilåda that i spice up a little. Very tasty and filling. Sometimes i make boil even a little more macaroni to make a huge casseroll that last for some days

Fry some bacon or something pancetta-like pork, saute onions, celery, garlic and optionally whatever vegetable you have at home (i like to at brocolli, never root vegetables though). When all that is done add some tomatoe paste, black pepper, paprika and generous amounts of thyme and let that sit for a while. mix in the leftover macaroni and transfer to a greased ceramic or glass oven tray. Pour over apporpriate amount of an egg and milk mixture with one dl of milk per egg and top with parmesan or some other mature cheese and breadcumbs. Bake at 225 C until the dish is set and not runny. Server with salad. If im feling frisky i will slice thin slices of butter and let them melt over the casseroll when its just out of the oven.

Don't listen to this guy. Your only option now is to make a pasta salad. It's the only dish that can excuse your wanton desire to cook the pasta before the sauce.

YOU FOOL
Cooked pasta only stays good for an hour, tops. You're going to have to throw out all that expensive pasta before you get anything prepared to go with it.

Cooking 101

Real question here: in the US or elsewhere, it's really called elbow pasta, or is it just OP ?

elbows or elbow macaroni.
>tfw you will never own a pasta company so you can make extra-large elbow macaroni and sell it as knee macaroni

mayo salad

You think small
>not making extra-long, extra-thicc macaroni and calling it leg macaroni

we call them little knees where I come from

brain curls

OP here
ended up making simple tomato sauce

>fry sliced shallot and cut up pepperoni in some olive oil
>and minced garlic
>dump in a can of crushed tomatoes
>season with salt, pepper, dried basil and dried oregano
>add a splash of water, cover and let simmer for ~20 minutes
>dump in the elbow pasta
>cook for a little while longer
>enjoy

I forgot I don't have any cheese tho. Would add if I had some

That will heat it back up, sure. But it won't fix the fucked up texture it will get from sitting there.

>bake for an hour at 400.
The pasta's already cooked bro. It doesn't need any more cooking. Hotdish plz go.

use fussili next time

anyone else just cook it as is and eat it without anything else? It's really comfy.

I like to at least put some butter salt and pepper, or some olive oil, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes on it. Maybe some chopped fresh herbs too.

red pepper flakes sounds great, I'm gonna try that tonight.

Real butter, kosher salt, and garlic.

just put some mayo on it and eat it.

Nice and simple. Good job.

Re-heat
Add Nutella
????
Profit

Butter and some fresh parsley is ace.

tuna fish
french dressing
cut up cherry tomatoes

Lol knee knoodles