JUST

>be Norwegian
>have one of the world's worst cuisines ever

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO COPE WITH THIS FACT

Cook food from other cuisines.

could be worse.

Don't eat Norwegian food. I live in a part of America that is filled with people of Norwegian descent. I know the nastiness you speak of. Just avoid it.

Nobody in Norway cooks authentic Norwegian food outside Christmas. It's either some french porkchop/steak with veggies, pizza, taco, spaghetti with ketchup, fucking slice of bread with a piece of cheese/ham, hamburger or just sasuages
Only time of the year they eat either ribbe(pork ribs roasted in oven) or pinnekjott(smoked lamb ribs boiled in water for quite a while. Ribbe is okayish though there are way better ways to cook pork ribs. Pinnekjott is probably the only saving grace but I don't even know if it's a Norwegian meal or if it's brought from sweden

Just eat frozen pizza like the rest of us.

It's not about eating it. It's about the international embarrassment that I have to live with knowing that my food culture is bottom of the barrel

Be happy that you are not from Finland
:)
Ei vittu

go to any neighbouring country and eat their food instead, it's all good

All scandy food sucks honestly

Denmark looks awesome there. Is that really supposed to be unflattering?

Mud cookies are pure kino though.

The sausages, cole slaw, and meatballs/ potatoes/ peas look good. The potatoes could afford to be redskins or yukon golds with more butter and pepper. Why the fuck would you deliberately make a dish that looks like a coil of dog dookie though?

It's the 21st century. Surely your groceries at least have some German and French ingredients. Watch some youtube videos, learn to cook in those styles.

As a brit, I somewhat know your pain. I suppose I take comfort in that we have a few gems - fish and chips, cornish pasties, chicken tikka masala, crumpets, scones with jam and devon cream, etc.

Does norway not have some kind of saving grace?

Just be happy you're not a subhuman Britard

You've got the full English going for you, the blood pudding is the only thing that really makes it English. Otherwise it's just all the breakfast foods on one plate. That can't be a bad thing.

Not norwegian, I'm a shart, but I thought gravlax was Norwegian and I like it so much I cure my own.

Sweden and Denmark look great

mämmi

Write black metal songs about it.

git gud

Shepherd's Pie is bretty good.

this guy gets it. That shit is pure ambrosia

Shut up and chew your lutefisk

MAKE SOME PICKLES MORTY!! LIKE ME *BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP* I'M PICKLE RICK MORTYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Worst cuisine in the world
>Can't even drown your sorrows because booze costs more than heroin

Hvorfor er det viktig? Jeg er Britisk, vi har fryktelig mat (bortsett fra stekt kjott!). Jeg som oftest bare kokker mat fra andre land.

>mashed potatoes dry out from baking
>end up with a bunch of potato powder instead of mashed potatoes
How do I avoid this in the future?

How many calories are in a pound of dirt cookies? Is it all carbs or is there some protein? I assume there's barely any fat in them.

Not had that situation but you probably can't go wrong with applying a liberal amount of butter to the topping when you remove from the oven

Also, baste the peaked potato with egg yolks before baking to get a dank crispy topping

England has bar to none the best roasts worldwide.
Dont believe all the stereotypes nigel.
British cuisine is amazing, all them sunday roasts man.

Tbh Norway is not known for bad food.

Sweden however, is known for its smelly fish

Stop posting Swedish!

>top tier norwegian dish

i ate one of the best burgers i have ever had in Norway

>mfw the eye of svalahove is the "delicatessy" part of the godforsaken meal

>Finnish plating

make your mashed potatos more moist and creamy by adding butter and a tiny bit of milk, can also add egg to make it crispier on top, which acts as a barrier for the mash underneath the top layer.

>jarlsberg on pizza
Do Norwegians really do this?

The food in Norway was good both times I visited. The issue with the cuisine overall is living in a northern place with a short growing season. So many of the fresh ingredients that make southern cuisines more exciting are locally available for a couple months of the year, if at all. The rest of the year you're doing what you can with what? Fish, meat, potatoes and cabbage? You can make a lot of good stuff with those things, but it's not going to be as exciting as what people are eating closer to the equator.

You can always travel. I've seen Norwegians on motorcycles in Morocco and Italy. They looked like they were having a hell of a time.

..and the problem is??

You clearly don't have a grandmother who taught you cooking.

Stuede gronnsaker
Plethora of fish meals
Baked root vegetables
Kjottkaker/Medisterkaker
Being able to add brunost and tyttebærsyltetoy in your brun saus for that little extra detail that really makes it a great sauce

none, if any, but it's good to keep the intestine kind of working