How can I avoid sugar as an American?

How can I avoid sugar as an American?
I can't cut out some obvious things but it feels like they put it in everything these days.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6aq28F37YJ4?t=19s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Since the 70s
And just cut out as much as you can don't drive yourself crazy over it.

They make a lot of reduced or no sugar alternatives for diabetics and dieters, look out for those at your grocery store. Hell, I even saw "sugar-free" bread the other day. Not sure how that works since wheat flour usually has some natural sugars but hey.

Quite eating premade garbage. Cook real meat, fresh vegetables, and regular starches like pasta and potatoes and rice. You act like they inject the meat with sucrose.

Don't eat packaged food. It's the sad truth, but our premade foods are far worse in quality than other countries' for the sake of cutting costs and improving shelf life.

Sugar is used as a preservative, instead of becoming a zealot who refuses to eat sugar why don't you just cut out everything with sugar as one of the first ingredients listed? In other words, as a preservative is OK but if it's sugary like a cupcake then no. That's what I do.

Cook instead of re-heating premade food

ameriburger here who cut out sugar
i found a few things i like to eat without sugar and made those for every meal but it's eventually turned into making the same thing every meal
so my advice is find a few things you like and stick with them

What were they?

>sugar is a preservative

C'mon now, the HFCS and C&H lobby has to have a better argument than that. No preserved foods, meats or veg, have ever had sugars added to extend shelf life. Even fermented vegetables don't use sugar. Stop spouting nonsense.

The real hard one is lowering sodium intake.

>No preserved foods, meats or veg, have ever had sugars added to extend shelf life.

So you've never ever preserved fruits then?

1) brown rice, chicken, broccoli, carrots, peas, corn, radish, cabbage, and green beans
2) tacos with either chicken or shrimp - all the condiments were fresh and salsa was homemade
3) slow cooker stew of beef, carrots, potatoes, peas, and is have a salad of lettuce, spinach, and brussel sprouts
1 was a lot easier to cook than the others and ive been having it for 2 months now for lunch and dinner (cook a large portion at once) and a simple taco for lunch. its made me feel a lot more energized and cleared up my acne.

eat meat and vegetables

Sugar isn't added in small amounts to preserve things. It works as the exact opposite of a preservative in moderate to low concentrations. When it gets to honey/HFCS concentrations however, where you have more sugar than water molecules then cells cannot grow it it

>still believing salt is bad for you
It's not. Neither is msg.

American average diet still has way too much sodium in it.

Don't avoid sugar, eat more sugars, have a come, eat fruits, honey etc. lots of sugar, 80g protein and a little fat as possible.

Fat and sugar are inverse, lots of sugar and no fat.

You could do the other thing, but keto is retarded and you'll cause more issues in the long run.

Sugar is good, just cut the fat.

How much sugar is in potato chips ? Not much

How much fat do chimpanzees eat ? Not much.

eh not really, the human body can take a very wide range of salt intake. Its only really a problem if you have high blood pressure

are you from the 90s? People freaking the fuck out about fat in the 80s and 90s and switching to sugar is a huge factor to why we are so fat now (also the fact that no one works labor intensive jobs anymore)

I bet you look like shit

It's not the "sugar" in a mcchicken that's causing the obesity epidemic.

It's not the sugar in a mcdonalds large fry either.

Telling by your photo, they put estrogen everywhere as well

What causes high blood pressure?

Walter Kempner diet,

500+ grams of white rice, fruit and white sugar

25g protein

5g of fat.

I'm not fat.

Being fat and sedentary

Don't buy prepackaged foods. Make things yourself, and don't add sugar to it.

If you're going to ignore that and buy prepackaged foods, look at the ingredients lists of all the options and try to find the one that doesn't have sugar. There's almost always one without any sugar, usually twice as expensive.

If they all have sugar, get the one with the least sugar. Based on serving size, not on sugar per serving. Companies love to give their food small sizes sizes to pretend it isn't as crappy as it really is.

Also, buy food with sugar in it rather than food with corn syrup if you have a choice. Not because it's actually better, but to do your part in trying to starve the fucking corn farmers.

"sugar free" probably does not literally mean sugar free.
Literally everything converts down to glucose at some point. Blood sugar will spike when you're eating no matter what you do.
If anything, "sugar free" implies no added sugar, but often added artificial sweeteners.

So much bad advice here.

If you don't have it near you, you can't eat it. Throw out all your sugary shit and thank me later.

this
youtu.be/6aq28F37YJ4?t=19s

I recently cut out soda and for a few days thought I was going to die, that's how bad the withdrawal was. Seriously, doing meth for years left me less messed up than sugary drinks. But after I made it through about 4 days of no sugar it got easier, and after about a week I no longer wanted it. It tastes gross to me now.

I just try to cook as much from scratch as I can. Minimize carbs too. Buy yourself some raw meat and raw vegetables and cook with them. Then branch out from there. Avoid any breads or fruits, and especially fast food or 'snacks'.

I save so much money nowadays too. Like, do you even know how cheap broccoli is? I can get a week's worth of veggies for less than $20. That's how much my fat ass use to spend on soda alone.

Don't eat sugary things?
For fucks sake, its not that hard just cuz you're American. I'm American too and haven't regularly (more than once or twice a week) been eating sugary shit for a couple months now.

Also, don't just assume something is unhealthy because it has sugar. Fruit has sugar in it, but its good for you because it has like a good balance of carbs or some shit I can't remember exactly, but point is, you can't just say something is unhealthy just because it has sugar.

Also, while I'm at it, if you ever look for sugar-free stuff, look carefully to see if it has sucralose or aspertame in it because those are even worse than sugar no matter what anyone tells you (unless you have a very specific issue with sugar and aren't just trying to be generally healthy).

>Doing meth for years left me less messed up than sugary drinks
lol no it didn't.

There's little mini fruit danishes at work every morning.
They're so tempting.

If you stop eating processed foods it's actually really easy to dodge sugar.

You should be buying meat and produce. You should be buying things that literally don't have an ingredient list.

God America has fallen so far.

Buy whole plant ingredients, keep your freezer full of bananas and pantry full of dates.

>For fucks sake, its not that hard just cuz you're American. I'm American too and haven't regularly (more than once or twice a week) been eating sugary shit for a couple months now.
It is unless you make everything by hand. Including shit like tomato sauce, sausage, hot sauce, and table salt.

I didn't think retards would call other people "retard" as a pejorative...

but here we are.

>they put it in everything
Theres your problem stop eating processed food, if you "don't have time" then do meal prep

>tomato sauce, sausage, hot sauce
All unhealthy any way
>table salt
>thinking table salt has sugar in it and using enough that it matters any way
Die.

THIS

Bananas and dates contain a shitload of sugar, why do you think they are so sweet? Just because its in a fruit it isnt automatically healthy.

I challenge you to see if the first 2 registered doctors you ask say that bananas are unhealthy you stupid fucking cunt.