What is the best pasta and why is it farfalle?

what is the best pasta and why is it farfalle?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastashoppe.com/product-category/pastabilities-fun-shapes/
tasteofhome.com/recipes/meatball-casserole
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hell of a good pasta for alfredo in my opinion.
I know it's supposed to be tubes for red sauce and straight noodles for white, but I really like a farfalle alfredo.

Penne is my go-to. I like the thicker pasta, it's more satisfying and has more tooth to it.

Sagnarelli

>either overcooked at the edges or undercooked in the center: the pasta

linguine

this dude fucks

This fuckin guy fucks over here.

It also cooks more universally, as opposed to where the pinch fucks everything up because the outside edges are done but the center isn't.

Sorry but I can cook any pasta, but anything pinched can fuck off...shit's retarded.
>oh you want the outskirts of your pasta over done and the inside crunchy?
>FIRE ONE ORDER OF FARFALLE!

you utter plebs, rigatoni is the patrician choice.

>rigatoni
Mah rigga
the best choice for over dishes for sure

oven*
fucking hell

Tricolore is always best because it makes every dish you cook look gourmet af

with butter and parmesan cheese

Step aside plebs!

I have never been to a gourmet circus before. Whats it like?

This, fucking love it.

Best Long Pasta

>Linguine

Best Short Pasta

>Rigatoni
I enjoy most pasta's though, I find Penne to a be bit meh compared to other tubes and fusili irritates though fusilli bucati is one of my favorites

There's really no excuse for eating food that isn't shaped like dinosaurs

Angel hair is the best for tomato or oil sauces. Gets a really good texture when your wrap it around your fork into a ball for a bite.

Penne or wagon wheel pasta for cream sauces.

>Penne or wagon wheel pasta for cream sauces.
Cavatappi is good too. Can't really just choose one pasta for everything because they all work differently with sauces.

Tortiglioni

Conchigle. Holds sauce, easy to eat, easy to strain, not poncy, good tricolor. doesn't stick together like likes of taglatele.

farfalle looks nice but it's for fags. It doesn't hold sauce well.

you fools ever make egg noodles?

Apparently you mix flour with eggs, only enough egg to wet all the flour. Then you rollingpin that shit and then dust it with flour and fold it ten thousand times and then cut it up.

who /radiatore/ here?

Love those suckers. Too bad I only see them at the farmers market downtown.

I always called thoae Hey Arnold Noodles

Capelli d' angelo

where do you guys like to buy your pasta? winco? walmart? or am I just a pleb

what are they good for

this guys fucks

You guys are fuking idiots, each pasta shape is made for the sauce being used in the dish.

>spag bol is wrong you should use tagliatelle.

this. generally the thinner the sauce, the thinner the pasta you should use.

fuck this guy

This is undeniably the best pasta for soups.

Linguine gets me sick every time. I do not understand why. Same sauce, different pasta shape goes fine. Even plain linguine gets me sick. I don't get it. It doesn't make any sense.

Maybe you should shut your whore mouth.

rotini master race reporting in

move it football head

I hate conchiglie. They all stick together into the other.

Soups and runnier mac 'n cheese, mostly.

Ok nobody has said it but cheese tortellini for the freakin win.

Who is this fucking guy? I'll bet it's Fred Fuchs.

I respect your opinion, however I must disagree. I've always found tortellini to just be inferior ravioli.

>farfalle

thats not how you spell tortiglioni

pastashoppe.com/product-category/pastabilities-fun-shapes/
YOU GUYS...

>lacrosse pasta

I'm sure it has a huge target audience. Best choice is pirate pasta so you can act like a kid imagining your pirate pastas sailing through the marinara sea.

Strozzapreti (priest stranglers)

>ctrl+F pappardelle
>0 of 0
Y'all cowards are crazy, those big ass fucken strips, heavy as hell on your fork? perfect.

Make fettucine, and then connect them into rings but not before twisting one end to make mobius strips

best pasta meme.

They're the best because butter pools up in the knot of the bowtie and they're also good for stabbing with fork

>Penne

My nigga. Nothing like penne where the sauce has sticked to the insides of the tube

bowtie

Rotini. Everything clings to its spiral shape.

you could get cute and mix the pirate, flamingo, crab, and palm tree pastas for a tropical party dish

I got some Rotini, ground lamb, sharp provolone, panko, white wine, homemade tomato sauce, sage, and was thinking of making meatballs and tomato sauce with it. Maybe as a baked casserole? What do you guys think?

I have some mozzarella I could put on top.

Something like this maybe I was thinking. What recipes would y'all recommend?

tasteofhome.com/recipes/meatball-casserole

"for the freakin win"
what is this, 2008? stop being a fucking nerd, asshole. seriously i can't believe phrases like that are said by people like you. i can't believe phrases like that are said at all. get a life. get off my fucking board and take that dogshit stupid ass pasta with you.

absolutely nothin

>not having a plate of lasagne sheets
LMAOing at your life kiddo

You aren't chewing your food properly

Simply put.. macaroni.

I've heard other people say the same thing. The texture of linguine makes them gag. It doesn't make me gag but I've noticed it has a much different texture than other pastas and it's harder to chew properly or something. I think the shape makes it easier to slide around your mouth without staying between your teeth as you chew, not sure exactly.

I don't like eating multicultural pasta

that's not farfalle, it's bowtie you immigrant

Linguini pisses me off

>not calling it bowtie

no flaming on this forum plz

it looks like dr eggman's mustache

I laugh at your ignorance

Every pasta taste the same seriously what the fuck is the point of having different shapes and shit

texture my homosapien

These guys get it, Rotelle master race

>tfw can't find that anywhere where I live

Spinach ravioli

I asked me fat Italian friend this question when he showed me his stash of >20 types of pasta.

They all have their own place, and pair with different kinds of food and sauces.

Their radiator shape helps them soak up sauces so it's amazing for rich, creamy pastas. Love it.

Mafaldine

I love some Capellini. I just like thin pasta, I'm not much of a fan of thick spaghetti. If my pasta is thick I like it in a shape like Rotelle or Penne

>cooks like shit
>sauces just slide right off

Nah.

Small, overcomplicated pasta, especially the kind with many holes, is fucking trash, looks like shit and makes me sick just seeing it.

They're incredibly satisfying to chew.
But I guess if you're a boring person you'd prefer boring pasta too.

there isn't an objective best. my favorite is spaghetti or linguine because you can do anything with it.

>Intentionally mixing dog lover pasta in the Cat lover bag

This. Anything else is wrong.

>getting flashbacks to the rabbit ragu pappardelle I had in northern Italy
>tfw can't have them now

Fettuccine > Linguine
this is objective fact

maybe you should stop being a weenie and eat your linguine