The absolute state of American delivery service

>the absolute state of American delivery service

>getting chips and a drink delivered

>Being so fat that you can't even walk to the sandwich store
>Complaining that you have to pay for someone to deliver piping hot food to your door
Off yourself

Just wait for self-driving car/drone delivery

don't bully, some stores are hard to access

Yes, surely a state-of-the art machine programmed to navigate directly to your home won't involve any additional fee

>((($4 delivery fee)))

Never said that m80. But it'll most likely be cheaper.

>ASAP (45-55m)
>$7+ for delivery

if a delivery joint tacked on a mandatory gratuity I'd ask them to leave and take their shit food with them.

Go to Subway and get a bigger sandwich for $4 less

Where the fuck is this OP, I will literally call them myself and tell them how Hebrew they are charging ten dollars for ham and lettuce on bread

>Subway
>bigger sandwich
That single layer of thinly sliced meat and those half slices of cheese triangles are misleading. The sub might look bigger but it's the same or less filling than you'll get elsewhere.

$10 is about right for a sub + chips/drink, if the sub is good and actually has more than what Subway puts on it.

no thanks Jared, how's prison btw

This is why I always ride my bike to pick up my food. But I admit I live in a city that makes it convenient to do so. Lots of amuricans live in towns that look and feel like giant strip malls and they have literally no choice but to drive. Why do they choose to live there? Not sure, but they do

I pay around 12 for a 16 inch pizza and give the driver an additional 1-2 if he didn't take over 45 minutes and it's still hot. No delivery fees.

>he thinks you can simply WALK to a restaurant in an American city
How does feel to be naive and innocent?

I always tip drivers 5%, whether they deserve it or not.

Because the cost of living in any city that's walkable is insanely high compared to your average retardedly-spread-out mid-western city.

wow gee mister, a whole dollar?!?

if it's within 5 miles, you can get off your ass and walk. otherwise get a bike.

>go out to walk to a restaurant 5 miles away
>get shot up on the way there because half the city is run down and filled with black people

>t. David the upper middle-class millennial in an upper middle-class town in a blue state

That's in Europe

Not much difference now...

Tips are mandatory in US?

Why would you give tip if there's already a delivery fee?

meh could be worse

>the Virgin carryout
>the Chad delivery

I needed that laugh, user

>not choosing the "pick up" option on Try Caviar
Fucking pleb.

Delivery fees are a scam. They don't go to the driver. It's a hustle so the owner can lie to you about the great deals on his food.

>walking five miles there and five miles back for a shitty sandwich
fuck no dude, i'm not poor

I needed a good laugh, thanks user

Because cities are shitholes full of crime, filth, and people. Most adults prefer a bit of privacy, not to mention actual property ownership.

Well the delivery fee would differ depending on what restaurant you're ordering from and which app you're using, yeah? And tipping isn't mandatory on delivery services. Kind of a stupid post if you ask me.

Finally, at the end of the day, you aren't really spending that much for a meal delivered to your front door. I often spend twice what you did on uber eats and such. Shrug

>compulsory tipping

America is so fucking backwards it is hilarious.

samefag

/that'sthejoke/

Always goes that way. Find an online pizza deal and it ends up costing almost double what you originally saw.

Did you get that from him actually riding a bike instead of just stealing it to resell?

I don't think you've ever been to a city. How's suburban life treating you?

That's a cute cat. I want to pet it

dude jusgogreen

Not him, but I second his sentiment. People don't move out of suburban mazes because most people don't have the resources to just up and move across the country. It's the kind of shit you only hear from Berniebros who think the biggest problem in the world is their college debt.

Kind of true, and kind of not. Moving across the country to random cities is something you do when you either have a lot of money, or no money at all. I know a bunch of punks and hippies that wander around the country at will, and they've got jack shit.

Yeah one of my old friends just biked to Maine with maybe a grand? And his backpack. He's been on his own since 16. There aren't as many trust fund babies as people think, there are just a lot of 20 something's that don't give a shit about money. At least that's what I've experienced.

Bet you wouldnt.

I lived in Mississippi for a while and many roads had no sidewalks. What does that say about the residents...

>well done
>call and complain that you wanted it poorly done
>get free order

I make it well done and square cut and half Feta, so if they fuck up at any point I get free pizza.

Not cut into squares? Free pizza

Not well done? Free pizza

Feta on the whole instead of just half? Free pizza.

How's getting shot up by niggers treating you?

Fucking this. How is anyone expected to walk anywhere if there aren't even sidewalks???

I'm confused. Why would you tip if you're already paying a delivery fee that's 40% of your order? I've literally never tipped the delivery guy in Europe because there is a delivery fee. It makes no sense to me. They don't expect it either cause they turn around and leave as soon as they hand off the food

Well, that's not the customers problem, is it? A delivery fee by name implies that you are paying for the delivery. I ain't tipping jack shit after I've paid that.

Not directly, sure. It's no secret that US tipping culture is retarded as fuck. Won't change you getting shit service in the future, though.

>tip included in the total sum
You can't be that desperate. Even if it is a scam.

*if you did that in America. My bad.

I applaud your hustle.

Hardly. In my neighborhood delivery is free, and Paco shows up on an electric bike within half an hour. I usually tip about $5.

>Why would you tip if you're already paying a delivery fee that's 40% of your order?

Because that's the way the tradition works. Traditions often don't make logical sense, but that doesn't change the fact that they exist.

Also, the "delivery fee" goes to the restaurant, while a tip goes to the employee.

>tipping
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Only in amerifat.

Some places pay drivers a percent of the delivery fee

>poor
>ordering delivery
Pick one

>delivery
>for a fucking sandwish

Why am i paying the restaurant a delivery fee when the driver is delivering it?

Because those are the terms the restaurant stated and you implicitly agreed to when you placed your order.

Personally I think the idea of a delivery fee is stupid which is why I never order from places which charge one.

At least here in Canuckistan, the delievery fee is one flat fee, so that $4 is the samw if you are ordering one sub for your own fat, lazy self, or a bunch of subs for your friends too. So it ends up being convienience for a small $4 fee. Plus tip, of course.

Worst thing I've ever experienced is a homeless guy yelling at me. You watch too much TV.

Ok. But if im paying a delivery fee im not tipping for the delivery

I hate that mentality. You pay the delivery fee to the store for the service and the convenience; you tip the driver for gas, wear on their vehicle, and bc the store almost certainly pays them less than min. wage. That delivery fee does not go to the driver. And if you say that's fucked up - it is. But don't punish the driver for it. And you cannot use a service while simultaneously telling those that provide the service that they shouldn't expect to earn a living wage. Be angry at the company for not paying their employees; don't be angry at the employees for providing you a service and expecting to be compensated for it.

Im not punishing the driver, his employer is

>200 minute trip total
>for a sandwhich
you would walk an hour and forty minutes there and an hour forty back for a sandwich? That's over three hours to get lunch.

i'm sure that's what you tell yourself.

The problem is no matter what you personally do, you're not fucking over the employer, you're fucking over the employee.

The employer should be paying his wageslave more, but he doesn't, you can agree with this position and not tip, disagree with this position and tip, or disagree with this position and not order.

To disagree with the position and to not tip just makes you a cunt.

>To disagree with the position and to not tip just makes you a cunt.
This.

why in the fuck would you order a sandwich for delivery anyway? delivery is for when you have a bunch of people over at your house and it wouldn't be practical to bring everybody down to pizza hut, not so your cocooning faggot ass never has to leave his NEET/bugman hive for sustenance

R*ddit

Spacing

Makes

You

Think

I've been on Veeky Forums since before reddit was even a website

Tickles

The

Neurons

LOL

>for when you have a bunch of people over at your house and it wouldn't be practical to bring everybody down to pizza hut
Here's an idea: have one person go down to get the pizza from Pizza Hut.

Delivery is specifically designed for lazy people.

>Delivery is specifically designed for lazy people.
yeah, and now it's being used so agoraphobic bisexual 27 year olds with creative writing degrees who live in brooklyn never have to leave their walkup studio and risk getting triggered into a panic attack

I agree with that position and dont tip
I never said im fucking over the employer

Well your a meanie! ill have you know my son is working his way through college on delivery jobs, if you cant tip dont order you rascal.

How about the 67 year old working a second job because his wife has cancer and he can't afford the chemo?

Fuck em, he should just pull himself up by those bootstraps, he's obviously just not working hard enough. *whip crack*

No one pays Brooklyn rent just so they can stay inside their too small apartment. Some folks might rarely leave their neighborhood, but half of living in the city is going out. Most of the folks I see getting delivery are exhausted parents of young children.

>if you cant tip dont order you rascal.

Imagine if that were true. By what percentage would business decline for these establishments?

i fail to see how that relates to my son. If he wanted a pizza he should just walk or drive there and get the pizza. Dont make other people do more work for nothing because of you being lazy.

Stop acting like a hoodlum, if a person delivers your food you should give them a tip for their work. I honestly think people that don't tip are just black hearted teens and young adults under 30 who have lost their way and never grew up in the good old days where a man was always payed for his work.

What a cunt

im glad i live in the UK where delivery has been corporitized so drivers dont get tips and it goes through paypal and online payment

there also a service that doxes your driver so you can personally sue them if they do anything wrong.

Why's he even ordering pizza? He should get a second job as a mcdicks tray cleaner and eat the scraps and crusts people leave. Hell he can probably collect enough and put it in his pockets to feed his wife too!

Most delivery fees nowadays go to third party delivery services like Uber or GrubHub.

What service are you paying for exactly? When you go to a restaurant, you pay for the food and you leave a tip for the service the waiter provides. The equivalent of the waiter in a delivery situation is the person delivering the food who you compensate with a tip.

So what service exactly is the delivery fee being charged for then?

>So what service exactly is the delivery fee being charged for then?

Scheduling, HR resources & overhead associated with hiring drivers, the costs associated with maintaining a system (or website) for handling orders.

I think the fee is pretty silly so I simply don't order from places that charge one.

Having food delivered to your door is a luxury. It makes perfect sense that it's expensive. After all, you are paying someone to not only cook your food for you, but also to deliver it to you.

>tip 15% $2.30

>half the city is run down and filled with black people
Sounds like it's time to fucking move.

The delivery fee is for the establishment to pay for insurance to keep that driver on the schedule. It's bullshit but it is what it is. If you don't like it, just go pick it up.

Agree. You are absolutely right. It is a luxury. It is the height of using money as power.

wouldn't you be the retard who ordered it without paying attention to the price?